Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

1 hour ago, woodsaint1 said:

Was worse than that. 14th. A mere 5 points ahead of us - when we could only muster a mere 5 points in the last 12 games. Gerard did an average job, nothing more. You're right though, the likes of Ings, Buendia, Bailey and Digne have all flattered to deceive for the best part of 120 million

Strange team. Blew us away, went toe to toe with Liverpool, but also lost a batch of games you thought they'd be favourite for. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

I’d take Fredericks on a 2 years contract tbh. Be decent backup, quick. Probably got a bit unfortunate that Coufal was so impressive this season. 

Only need him for 4 months, seems a pointless signing especially with the WC being in December this year. Tino should be back after that if all goes well.

3 hours ago, Chez said:

Do any 29 year old Prem free transfers sign one year deals with new clubs? 

Can’t say I know. I can remember Rodwell signed 1 year deal when he joined Sheffield utd. He must have been that sort of age. If he’s not interested in such a deal(or one that only incentivized a second year on game time) then we should move on to a different target. Really no point in signing cover to a longer term contract when we may only need for 6 maths.

4 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

I’d take Fredericks on a 2 years contract tbh. Be decent backup, quick. Probably got a bit unfortunate that Coufal was so impressive this season. 

Agreed. After one year we can either sell him or if KWP or Tino get big offers and move on we keep him as backup again.

Lots of players leaving is something I heard last night. Also "I thought they were going to offer Long a new contract but not so sure now."

None of this is earth shattering news, just sharing anything I get in the vague hope that it increases my credibility amongst a bunch of people, who outside of a select few, I've never met and never will.

• Like 9
  • Haha 7

16 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Lots of players leaving is something I heard last night. Also "I thought they were going to offer Long a new contract but not so sure now."

None of this is earth shattering news, just sharing anything I get in the vague hope that it increases my credibility amongst a bunch of people, who outside of a select few, I've never met and never will.

Your reputation on here is the most important thing in your life 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Broja and Livramento didn't need senior English experience to be very effective.

Why do we need a 15 goal striker? Only 5 teams had a 15 goal player in the PL this season!

Why do we need 'two horrible midfielders'?

What do you think we need MLG? I've seen lots of criticism of other people's opinions but you rarely put your own out there...

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, StrangelyBrown said:

What do you think we need MLG? I've seen lots of criticism of other people's opinions but you rarely put your own out there...

Maybe, he thinks we will do fine with Che and AA.

But he didnt say that. So it is a mystery. How many times he masturbates a day over his nonsensical responses is also a mystery

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

He's never had the chance

He has actually. Granted he was youngish at the time.

Decent player like I say, but I think it’s telling that no one has come in for him since he let go by Leicester. At 28 and as an attacking midfielder, he has maybe not got too long left at his peak.

But as another poster said, if he’s free and doesn’t cost mad wages, he can’t be much worse than what we’ve got.,I’m just hoping for a lot better than we’ve got, and Tom Lawrence isn’t that IMO.

Edited by The Kraken

5 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Decent player in the championship, not cut out for premier league imo.

You never know until he is given the opportunity though, Sire Ricky was a late bloomer, Vardy and Ian Wright came from nowhere. AA may still come good if he sticks around.

2 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

He has actually. Granted he was youngish at the time.

Decent player like I say, but I think it’s telling that no one has come in for him since he let go by Leicester. At 28 and as an attacking midfielder, he has maybe not got too long left at his peak.

But as another poster said, if he’s free and doesn’t cost mad wages, he can’t be much worse than what we’ve got.,I’m just hoping for a lot better than we’ve got, and Tom Lawrence isn’t that IMO.

There is no point having players, especially at that age, filling up the squad unless they truly offer something to the first team. As you say, I don’t see Tom fulfilling that brief from his career so far. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Decent player in the championship, not cut out for premier league imo.

Will fit in well with the rest of the squad then. 

Edited by Dman

7 hours ago, StrangelyBrown said:

As I've created hundreds of thousands of entries in the FM database over the last 15 years there is more of my opinion about Saints publicly available than probably any other person in history!

Bernie Sanders Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Fucking hell… if we’re really making do with Tom Lawrence, Ryan Fredericks and some unknown relegated turkish keeper then we are monumentally in the shit

But you know… no holds barred and all that…

Sh. You can't be realistic/ambitious on here. It's a new golden era with free-spending owners, brilliant tacticians and no sales of key players, donchaknow?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

As I've created hundreds of thousands of entries in the FM database over the last 15 years there is more of my opinion about Saints publicly available than probably any other person in history!

Hacking Work From Home GIF

1 hour ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Fucking hell… if we’re really making do with Tom Lawrence, Ryan Fredericks and some unknown relegated turkish keeper then we are monumentally in the shit

If, and it’s a big if, there’s any truth to these rumours I really don’t see much to be upset about. This Turkish lad would just be a replacement for Willy/Lewis as third choice ‘keeper, hardly golden boots to fill. Anyway, nobody’s ever seen him to know how good he actually is. Antti Niemi, Nick Pope and Jordan Pickford have been relegated so I wouldn’t read much into that. If Fredericks is just cover, that’s hardly a tragedy with Liv being out long term. He’s no worse than Pied, Martina or Targett as FB cover.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Smirking_Saint said:

It was a misunderstanding. They meant no holds barred in our push to the championship. 

Going to succeed if the decent links are anything to go by. 

All pretty depressing. 

44 minutes ago, Suhari said:

And perhaps wait until the end of the transfer window before connecting a hosepipe to the exhaust.

Sod it. I knew I shouldn't have got an EV.. Still, I suppose I could always try electrocution in some form.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Sam Johnstone off to Palace by the looks of it

I’ve got a Palace supporting mate who really rates Jack Butland.

Think he was messed around by Stoke because he was on big wages, but apparently he has played really well for Palace when called upon.

• Like 1

Cor - looks like by this selection of media linked articles by a range of papers and other outlets that some serious unrest was hitting the fan behind the scenes. TBF to the club they seem to be addressing a lot of our comments since March on a total squad and coaching staff overhaul. The performances on the pitch did really give away how bad it was. Post West Ham cup game and follow up Villa away game it all suddenly changed and performances fell of a cliff. Wonder what the catalyst was?

Amongst the gems there:

Club looking for new players in virtually every position

Colwill and the City youngsters linked on loan again. Could only take on one of them from a single club

10s too similar and along with strikers the area where the club may pay more than before eg over £20m Ings record was my take

Broja unhappy in second half of loan spell

Bednarek and Stephens futures uncertain

Jokes about RH being only one left in SMS

Add that to AA seemingly known to be unsettled and this is going to be a very busy thread soon!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, saint1977 said:

Cor - looks like by this selection of media linked articles by a range of papers and other outlets that some serious unrest was hitting the fan behind the scenes. TBF to the club they seem to be addressing a lot of our comments since March on a total squad and coaching staff overhaul. The performances on the pitch did really give away how bad it was. Post West Ham cup game and follow up Villa away game it all suddenly changed and performances fell of a cliff. Wonder what the catalyst was?

Amongst the gems there:

Club looking for new players in virtually every position

Colwill and the City youngsters linked on loan again. Could only take on one of them from a single club

10s too similar and along with strikers the area where the club may pay more than before eg over £20m Ings record was my take

Broja unhappy in second half of loan spell

Bednarek and Stephens futures uncertain

Jokes about RH being only one left in SMS

Add that to AA seemingly known to be unsettled and this is going to be a very busy thread soon!

The only thing worse than media speculation.

Is regurgitated media speculation.

'Saints Extra' are too lazy to even link to their source material.

23 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Not sure what I think of this - 

Tottenham place £25m valuation on Harry Winks with home-grown midfielder set to LEAVE north London | Daily Mail Online

1) Doing a deal with Tottenham over a midfielder when we have JWP here makes me feel uneasy

2) £25m is just a stupid amount of money for someone pretty average. £10-15m tops I'd say, pretty uncomfortable spending a huge part of our budget on him.

A resounding Foxtrot Oscar to signing Winks or any deal involving his club.

We probably got away with one when we signed KWP although the bastards had already fleeced us by underpaying on Hojberg. (Although the deals were independent of each other - before those with attention to finer detail reminds us)

23 hours ago, DT said:

God I hope this doesn’t happen. Massively overrated player. And clearly part of opening discussions about JWP. Avoid. Awful. 

Agreed on all accounts.

If Semmens enters into a handshake with the North London Yobbos (as Rupert called them) he really needs to check if his Rolex is still on his wrist afterwards. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Badger said:

Just how reliable is Saints Extra ?

Most of those rumours might have been lifted off of here.

Surprisingly  the one I started about us signing Benzema hasn’t been picked up yet. 

Edited by Toussaint
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

And strangely you dodge the chance to show an opinion again...

Perhaps all that thinking of numbers between 1 and 20 has worn you out?

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

Sell on % clauses are pretty standard in transfers, so Saints could be on the receiving end of a payday if he does leave this summer...

Hope so.

Les used to favour more money up front, as a rule. 

1 hour ago, Badger said:

A resounding Foxtrot Oscar to signing Winks or any deal involving his club.

We probably got away with one when we signed KWP although the bastards had already fleeced us by underpaying on Hojberg. (Although the deals were independent of each other - before those with attention to finer detail reminds us)

Agreed on all accounts.

If Semmens enters into a handshake with the North London Yobbos (as Rupert called them) he really needs to check if his Rolex is still on his wrist afterwards. 

Agree. On no account do we want to sign Harry Winks. 

• Like 3