Saints 2-0 Everton - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

Comms are an absolute joke. Two similar handball situations. One 'clearcut' pen, the other not. Holgate goes late on JWP and hurts him but 'that's not a freekick'. JWP lightly touches Richardlison who hurls himself to the ground 'that's a freekick!'. Saints nearly score from a well worked corner 'That's a shocking corner'. 

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Who the f**k is this co-commentator? Clearly a planned corner routine to hit it low at the near post with Moi blocking off the near post defender and he says it's the worst one yet.

I was just thinking that the Bosnian (?) commentary on my stream was less annoying than BT last week

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saints foreva said:

HT. Pretty even game imo. 

Since around 15-20 mins it's been all Saints really. We're playing the better stuff and have had 5 shots on target, they've had none.

I think we're nullifying their main attacking threats effectively. Gordon hasn't really got into the game at all so far. Just got to take advantage of their defensive weaknesses. That back 4 is very poor.

I dunno if there are any neanderthals left who don't believe women should commentate. But the difference between the Newcastle game and here is night and day. Newcastle game was genuinely insightful and very sharp. Here we have some dude who sounds like he has wandered into the booth after a bender all night! Analysing nearly every big decision incorrectly, and just giving tired cliches like 'not enough quality in the final third'. Yeah mate, even my dog can see that, care to assess why you think that might be?

On game itself and think we are playing decently. Broja could really do with another season or two here. For all his natural talent he still has some way to go and going back to Chelsea, or just getting farmed to differently clubs each year, ain't gonna help his development. Also, getting on Romeu anytime yellow

6 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Wide on your weaker foot with two defenders and the keeper between you and goal, with a teammate unmarked in the centre of the goal? 

maybe we are talking about different chances, but for me you want your striker shooting when you get in the penalty box.

I actually want my striker to be greedy 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 2-0 Everton - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic