Saints 2-0 Everton - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

1 minute ago, Saint_Tony said:

as much as we give him stick, so happy to see Long score. Tidy performance, but today it's almost more alarming how poor Everton are.

I actualy think he's been quite useful when coming off the bench this season.  Bit limited these days but able to be effective.

• Like 1

Saints pressing and crisp quick passing and interchanging a joy to watch. Just finishing that was a bit off. I love how quickly and physically we get into the oppo's faces when they have the ball. Must be infuriating to play against. 

Edited by OttawaSaint

We were magnificent today. Total domination and a stroll in the park. Romeu surely MotM but most played out of their skins. Good to see Stuart Armstrong on fire at last.

Well done again Ralph, we look nigh on unbeatable at the moment. A lovely moment when Shane netted, worth the entry price.

Onwards and upwards COYS

A 2-0 battering. Really should've been 5 or 6. Not a lot of fight in this Everton side.

32 points. That's enough, I think, to say we can look forward to another season in this league and start focusing more of our resources on giving the FA Cup a red hot go.

Watford and Burnley winning makes the bottom 7 or so look a horrible place to be dicking around with - glad to be well out of it.

• Like 1

56% possession and 19 shots to 9 reflects the dominance. i thought Everton were a real problem early on.  They pressed hard and we had no time and struggled control the game. Boy did that change. Once again Romeu was an absolute rock in midfield, holding the ball just that little bit longer to enable players to get into space, but then never losing it when under pressure. I get a lot of Jimmy Case vibes, but without the long shooting ability. He's probably a far better player. He really is in top form. Same can be said about KWP. He could play at the very top level IMO.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VictiAbNonem said:

I thought Elyounoussi had another really good game. He's definitely worked his way into our best XI.

He's definitely turned things around for himself.

I suppose it makes sense, in Hasenhuttl's formation, that the best number 10s for us are actual number 10s - technical players - rather than converted wingers like Redmond, Djenepo, Walcott, Tella etc.

Still wish we had more quality in that position, mind you.

• Like 2

Complete and utter domination. For the first 20 minutes I wondered if Everton could keep the tempo up, as I've never seen them work so hard.

Turns out, they couldn't. We should have put them to the sword really, but some great team play and build ups involved in some wayward shooting and wrong decision making.

For all Evertons diving, and thrashing around on the deck in peril, I thought they were lucky to finish the game with 11.

Top Half Baby! UTS

• Like 2

Just now, kjurwi said:

Thank you:)

If we finish 10th at the end of the season that would be a huge achievement after such a poor start, we've really turned it around after RH looking like a dead man walking a few months ago, impressive, Going to be tight tight battle at the bottom! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 2-0 Everton - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic