Matt Le Tissier Position

FrenchSaint

I think Le Tiss has defended Lineker's right to an opinion and free speech,  his point is more about the hypocrisy of others crying about Lineker but not prepared to stand up for others when cancelled, seems a fair point to me. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, JRM said:

I think Le Tiss has defended Lineker's right to an opinion and free speech,  his point is more about the hypocrisy of others crying about Lineker but not prepared to stand up for others when cancelled, seems a fair point to me. 

LeTiss doesn’t really have any real points to make , just some poor me moaning and making nonsense insinuations about GL . GB news is all you need to know.

GL could of made his point without any ref to 30s Germany , the “stop the boats” failed policy in Oz would have been a better reference and more relevant . 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

LeTiss doesn’t really have any real points to make , just some poor me moaning and making nonsense insinuations about GL . GB news is all you need to know.

GL could of made his point without any ref to 30s Germany , the “stop the boats” failed policy in Oz would have been a better reference and more relevant . 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, whelk said:

Le Tissier has become somewhat a pathetic cunt. Sad

They say never meet your heroes, well I did meet him once, in a queue to pay for petrol and he did not just give me the time of day he chatted to me like a pal.

When my son was at his academy he gave up his time for him and many others like him. He was down to earth and unpretentious far from the stereotype most of us have of footballers.

On the football field he was extraordinary, he scored most of our goals and set up many of the rest. Coveted by big clubs across the spectrum he stayed loyal to us and Southampton. That was not just unusual it was exceptional. Loyalty is as good a gauge of judging somebody as anything. 

Of course, I found some of his tweets unfortunate but although they were often rather crudely presented, I could see what he was trying to say. The point he was trying to make was that in all the hysteria of the pandemic, decisions were being made and there seemed to be little scope for debate without the mob shouting you down. A bit like 1930's Germany really.

He paid quite a price for his viewpoint, he left Sky and stopped being our ambassador. His views were often unorthodox and I probably understood why Sky felt increasingly uncomfortable with him making them. The BBC enforces stricter rules on impartiality than Sky of course, its their standard and not surprisingly, at one point when you liken the Government to speaking the same language of Nazis, they too needed to take a stand. Of course its a grey area when you are freelance but he was the BBC's highest paid talent. 

What Le Tissier is now saying is that the when he expressed a controversial opinion, many of the people that screamed hysterically for him to be cancelled are the same ones that are now decrying the death of free speech.  

Cunt is a word I reserve for special occasions and next time you use it, I would suggest that you rise above the social media lynch mob and just think for yourself. I decided, although he is clumsy with his delivery and I don't agree with some of the things he has said, he is on the whole, a decent bloke and remains in my book a legend of our club. 

• Like 33

10 minutes ago, Sergei Gotsmanov said:

They say never meet your heroes, well I did meet him once, in a queue to pay for petrol and he did not just give me the time of day he chatted to me like a pal.

When my son was at his academy he gave up his time for him and many others like him. He was down to earth and unpretentious far from the stereotype most of us have of footballers.

On the football field he was extraordinary, he scored most of our goals and set up many of the rest. Coveted by big clubs across the spectrum he stayed loyal to us and Southampton. That was not just unusual it was exceptional. Loyalty is as good a gauge of judging somebody as anything. 

Of course, I found some of his tweets unfortunate but although they were often rather crudely presented, I could see what he was trying to say. The point he was trying to make was that in all the hysteria of the pandemic, decisions were being made and there seemed to be little scope for debate without the mob shouting you down. A bit like 1930's Germany really.

He paid quite a price for his viewpoint, he left Sky and stopped being our ambassador. His views were often unorthodox and I probably understood why Sky felt increasingly uncomfortable with him making them. The BBC enforces stricter rules on impartiality than Sky of course, its their standard and not surprisingly, at one point when you liken the Government to speaking the same language of Nazis, they too needed to take a stand. Of course its a grey area when you are freelance but he was the BBC's highest paid talent. 

What Le Tissier is now saying is that the when he expressed a controversial opinion, many of the people that screamed hysterically for him to be cancelled are the same ones that are now decrying the death of free speech.  

Cunt is a word I reserve for special occasions and next time you use it, I would suggest that you rise above the social media lynch mob and just think for yourself. I decided, although he is clumsy with his delivery and I don't agree with some of the things he has said, he is on the whole, a decent bloke and remains in my book a legend of our club. 

Exactly. Don't give a shit about his views etc. That man has given me more pleasure as a Saints fan than any other player will ever do so. 

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, Sergei Gotsmanov said:

True, a really nice bloke who would chat to anybody no matter who you were, even at the height of his fame in playing days he would be happy to talk to any saints/football fans out in public and has done plenty of top work for local charities. 
unfortunately this is the world we live in now where someone is a cunt or whatever if you don’t like their opinions. But I’m pretty sure these people wouldn’t say it to his face as he’s a genuinely nice humble geezer to chat to.

Murderers, rapists and nonces are cunts, Le Tissier is just a bloke with some strange opinions

• Like 6

Why dies everyone think he lost his Sky role because of his Covid views? Thompson and Nicholas were also culled - what is their grievance as to what was afoot?

agree MLT was a decent humble chap but has now become a parody.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Exactly. Don't give a shit about his views etc. That man has given me more pleasure as a Saints fan than any other player will ever do so. 

Nobody doubts what he has done as a sportsman.

Thats separate from his views and high profile opinions.

Its absolutely possible to love one aspect and totally despise the other.

To be unable to have an opinion on his views because of what he did as a sportsperson is weak.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Dusic said:

To be unable to have an opinion on his views because of what he did as a sportsperson is weak.

What did you genuinely 'despise' about his views? In the age before social media people discussed things in a pub and agreed to disagree, now they 'despise' people on social media. Judge people on who they are. 

Edited by Sergei Gotsmanov
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Sergei Gotsmanov said:

What did you genuinely 'despise' about his views? In the age before social media people discussed things in a pub and agreed to disagree, now they 'despise' people on social media. Judge people on who they are. 

Isn't part of who you are the values and opinions you hold?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sergei Gotsmanov said:

How  you treat people is who you are Dusic. Stop despising digital personas. 

On his actually quite successful Gettr show, its him on camera sharing this stuff and often partnering with wallies like Dan Wootton. Its not an avatar its MLT himself and it seems to me he very clearly believes in and is passionate about what he says.

As a kid in the 90s he was my absolute football hero and on the times I met him he was very nice, and I am sure he is a nice person, no reason at all to doubt that.

But the radical views are definitely him just as clearly as the great goals were too.

Personally I don't despise him but I feel a bit for him that he has become a laughing stock even if he hasn't realised it yet. Its a shame that he is becoming more known/ridiculed for his views than his football ability.

• Like 2

"Radical views" "laughing stock" 

His views just don't align with your particular bias so you feel the need to try to belittle him , which is a shame. 

I'm certainly no supporter of this govt but I think Lineker did go too far drawing comparisons with "1930s Germany" clearly labelling them Nazis, but I think that's his opinion and not that of the BBC so don't think it's a conflict with him presenting a football show, whole thing blown out of proportion but maybe all this attention was what Lineker was hoping for. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Sergei Gotsmanov said:

I agree with you in that he has always been very generous with his time towards the fans especially when charity is involved. I also think on balance he is our most gifted player of all time. But the downside is he is not very bright but …….. he certainly thinks he is. 
Many have forgotten his stupidity in giving the Pinnacle Consortium his support without ever checking their authenticity. Long after I showed him some paperwork that proved they were bogus he continued to insist they were genuine investors. Marcus Liebherr nearly walked away. We would have lost a superb owner who put us back where we currently are. No thanks to MLT. 
Now he spends all his time on right wing media outlets talking utter shite, some of it quite dangerous in terms of trying to persuade people not to have Covid jabs or denying atrocities in the Ukraine. Yes he is entitled to those opinions but he must realise his unorthodox views have certain repercussions. He blocks people who disagree with him on social media (so much for free speech) and rubs shoulders with some very unsavoury people. In short he has become an embarrassment to himself, the fans that worshipped him and Southampton FC. I was one of those worshippers but not any more. My distaste for his views have sullied my memories unfortunately. Putting players on pedestals usually ends in tears. 

• Like 9

On 04/03/2022 at 17:17, FrenchSaint said:

Thanks so much for this! I agree that it's tricky, and you're hitting the nail on the head of what I'm interested in. Basically - would Matt Le Tissier have a place in modern football? There are no statistics (as far as I'm aware) for this period of time so I have to rely on hearsay. Ozil was a player I'd already thought of as a comparison, another maybe Riquelme... I even remember AC Milan accomodating an aging (partying) Ronaldinho who had absolutely zero defensive duties - not that Le Tissier and Ronaldinho had particularly similar play styles I'm more interested into how they fit into a setup. 

Thanks for mentioning the 3-4-1-2. I'd seen some of the squad selections mentioned 5 defenders and as I didn't know the players, I figured they could have been shoehorned into a 4-4-2.

I think he would arguably be better in todays systems, if he could lay off the Big Macs. (Big ‘if’)

Players are very much more protected now than back in his day. He was getting clattered every week etc. - and let’s face it, playing with a lot of crap players over the years   

It’s not an exaggeration to say he was a football genius. I think he’s one of the most underrated footballers ever because he played for little ol’ saints. 

I have seen Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo etc. in the flesh too, and honestly, on some days MLT was at that level of unplayable. He could do things with the football that were hard to believe. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Osvaldorama said:

I think he would arguably be better in todays systems, if he could lay off the Big Macs. (Big ‘if’)

Players are very much more protected now than back in his day. He was getting clattered every week etc. - and let’s face it, playing with a lot of crap players over the years   

It’s not an exaggeration to say he was a football genius. I think he’s one of the most underrated footballers ever because he played for little ol’ saints. 

I have seen Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo etc. in the flesh too, and honestly, on some days MLT was at that level of unplayable. He could do things with the football that were hard to believe. 

As you say, Matt Le Tiss would probably require a huge lifestyle change to be as good in today's game.

Would he do that? with the money on offer today, probably.

Would he be expected to defend against the ball a great deal more? Definitely

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

I agree with you in that he has always been very generous with his time towards the fans especially when charity is involved. I also think on balance he is our most gifted player of all time. But the downside is he is not very bright but …….. he certainly thinks he is. 
Many have forgotten his stupidity in giving the Pinnacle Consortium his support without ever checking their authenticity. Long after I showed him some paperwork that proved they were bogus he continued to insist they were genuine investors. Marcus Liebherr nearly walked away. We would have lost a superb owner who put us back where we currently are. No thanks to MLT. 
Now he spends all his time on right wing media outlets talking utter shite, some of it quite dangerous in terms of trying to persuade people not to have Covid jabs or denying atrocities in the Ukraine. Yes he is entitled to those opinions but he must realise his unorthodox views have certain repercussions. He blocks people who disagree with him on social media (so much for free speech) and rubs shoulders with some very unsavoury people. In short he has become an embarrassment to himself, the fans that worshipped him and Southampton FC. I was one of those worshippers but not any more. My distaste for his views have sullied my memories unfortunately. Putting players on pedestals usually ends in tears. 

From the off, he asked people to have an open mind about the covid narrative - which is absolutely right (as recent revelations have shown us)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, JRM said:

"Radical views" "laughing stock" 

His views just don't align with your particular bias so you feel the need to try to belittle him , which is a shame. 

I'm certainly no supporter of this govt but I think Lineker did go too far drawing comparisons with "1930s Germany" clearly labelling them Nazis, but I think that's his opinion and not that of the BBC so don't think it's a conflict with him presenting a football show, whole thing blown out of proportion but maybe all this attention was what Lineker was hoping for. 

I agree with you about Lineker but Le Tissier spoils his own arguements by embelishing them with conspiracy therories culled from the internet . I also have met him and he seemed a good bloke but it's a shame he has gone down this social media route .

38 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

From the off, he asked people to have an open mind about the covid narrative - which is absolutely right (as recent revelations have shown us)

Didn’t he say Covid victims were actors and PCR tests were the biggest fraud ever perpetrated on mankind?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Colinjb said:

And here I was hoping for in-depth analysis of Le Tissier's tactical role throughout the 90's.

Never mind.

This calls for this video - never tire of watching it 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sergei Gotsmanov said:

Yes, I agree.  I also met Matt a couple of weeks ago at 'An Evening With' at our local theater.  He was more than happy to chat with everyone who approached him in the bar both before and after, as you say down to earth and far from your normal stereotype footballer.  Should add it was a charity event for which he gave up his time to appear for nothing, all profits going to charity. Not really the actions of a c**t !!!    He exp!ained his thoughts on covid and many other controversial subjects, he wanted people to ask more questions from the official line we were being fed, not to much to ask surely!!  for which he lost his job at Sky, ok maybe he should have reined in some of his posts on Twitter etc but many of his thoughts seemed to have been blown up and twisted out of all proportion by the mass media and the online mob. Should add to put the record straight, he wasn't sacked from his ambassador role at St Mary's, he resigned so as to protect the club from the fall out and controversy as he didn't want SFC dragged through the mud.  Big difference.

Amazing how quickly a guy who virtually saved our club single handedly and kept us in the Premiership for years, who showed his loyalty is now a c**t according to some of our so called loyal supporters.

Edited by 64saint
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Dusic said:

Not going to deny that his views are wacky. But am not really interested or particularly bothered about them. He can say what likes, still doesn't diminish the fact that he was the greatest ever Saints player, and will likely be as long as there is a Southampton Football Club. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, 64saint said:

he wanted people to ask more questions from the official line we were being fed, not to much to ask surely!!

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

2 hours ago, JRM said:

His views just don't align with your particular bias so you feel the need to try to belittle him , which is a shame

Without wanting to get into the Covid stuff again, Tiss is the absolute antithesis of an open mind. He is firmly welded to the world of online conspiracy, blocks anybody who upsets his own views and spends his days retweeting nutters like that Kate Shemani nurse, who called for doctors and nurses to be hanged like the people at Nuremberg. Open minds do not dismiss the overwhelming consensus of actual doctors, supported by actual medical research around the world, in favour of Twitter accounts with names like @truthtellingdave and @bringdownthesystem

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Without wanting to get into the Covid stuff again, Tiss is the absolute antithesis of an open mind. He is firmly welded to the world of online conspiracy, blocks anybody who upsets his own views and spends his days retweeting nutters like that Kate Shemani nurse, who called for doctors and nurses to be hanged like the people at Nuremberg. Open minds do not dismiss the overwhelming consensus of actual doctors, supported by actual medical research around the world, in favour of Twitter accounts with names like @truthtellingdave and @bringdownthesystem

There were/are 10's of 1000s of medical scientists and medical professionals who signed up to oppose the general response (lockdowns et al) to covid in the western world

We followed A science (loosely it seems), not THE science - but you know this.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, JRM said:

This would be a reasonable take if A) Matt was sacked solely because of his views and two other pundits who didn't have those views weren't also sacked at the same time or B) If any of Wright, Scott, Shearer actually worked for Sky at the time.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mr Saints said:

An absolute genius and he spent his whole career at our club. I for one will forever be grateful to him for that.

He can say what he wants, you don’t have to listen to it (I don’t) .

He can, and you don't have to listen to it, you're right. You're also allowed to listen to it and call it out for the nonsense that it is, if you want to. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

There were/are 10's of 1000s of medical scientists and medical professionals who signed up to oppose the general response (lockdowns et al) to covid in the western world

We followed A science (loosely it seems), not THE science - but you know this.

It may be worth you also checking your sources, their credibility etc. I would suggest that if 10s of 1,000s of scientists had been against the approach, it probably would’ve been different. 

Anyway, MLT. Lovely bloke in person. Legend of football. Not as well informed as he likes to think he is. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 04/03/2022 at 21:38, redkeith said:

Started out as a right winger under Chris Nicholl. 

Branfoot moved him to the left wing, to accommodate Perry Groves !!! He also played him about 10 yards in front of the left back, so he was miles away from goal. If  you look at the famous 2 goal games against Newcastle, both the goals were up the left hand side. 

Back to the right hand side of a front 3 under Dave Jones and Souness.

Ballie and Dave Merrington gave him a completely free role . Ballie's famous instruction " He is your best player, give him the ball until he is sick of it " .

Can't really remember much under Hoddle, only that he was injured a lot, and that Hoddle was jealous of his skills .  

Finally, under Stuart Gray, just go and score the last ever goal at the Dell with your wrong foot

Did he have a wrong foot?

To be fair he is completely off the rails nowadays. He thinks actors were used to fake covid, that respirators were harming people, and that pcr tests spread flu. He proudly broke lockdown rules.

He thinks aliens live on earth with us and that anyone who disagrees is a bit wacky.  He doesn't know if the moon landings were real, and thinks 9/11 could not have been achieved with planes because "science".  

He thinks the word "conspiracy" is used as a media tool to cut down the truth.

If he was a more physical player I'd have thought he might have headed the ball too much but he was too 'languid' and "enigmatic" for that. (Lazy)

22 minutes ago, ashnats said:

To be fair he is completely off the rails nowadays. He thinks actors were used to fake covid, that respirators were harming people, and that pcr tests spread flu. He proudly broke lockdown rules.

He thinks aliens live on earth with us and that anyone who disagrees is a bit wacky.  He doesn't know if the moon landings were real, and thinks 9/11 could not have been achieved with planes because "science".  

If he was a more physical player I'd have thought he might have headed the ball too much but he was too 'languid' and "enigmatic" for that. (Lazy)

Along with literally everyone else including the setters of said rules...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ashnats said:

Along with almost the entire population

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

It may be worth you also checking your sources, their credibility etc. I would suggest that if 10s of 1,000s of scientists had been against the approach, it probably would’ve been different. 

Anyway, MLT. Lovely bloke in person. Legend of football. Not as well informed as he likes to think he is. 

Great Barrington Declaration. 16k medical scientists and 47K+ medical professionals.

As infectious disease epidemiologists and public health scientists we have grave concerns about the damaging physical and mental health impacts of the prevailing COVID-19 policies, and recommend an approach we call Focused Protection.

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Great Barrington Declaration. 16k medical scientists and 47K+ medical professionals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Barrington_Declaration

"While the authors' website claims that over 14,000 scientists, 40,000 medical practitioners, and more than 800,000 members of the public signed the declaration,[44][45] this list—which anyone could sign online and which required merely clicking a checkbox to claim the status of "scientist"—contains some evidently-fake names, including: "Mr Banana Rama", "Harold Shipman", and "Prof Cominic Dummings".[46][47][48] More than 100 psychotherapists, numerous homeopaths, physiotherapists, massage therapists, and other non-relevant people were found to be signatories, including a performer of Khoomei—a Mongolian style of overtone singing—described as a "therapeutic sound practitioner".[47] An article in The Independent reported that the false signatures put claims about the breadth of support in doubt.[48] Bhattacharya responded by saying that the authors "did not have the resources to audit each signature," and that people had "abused our trust" by adding fake names."

Also worth noting it was funded by one of the Koch brothers which is never a sign of selfless philanthropy.

Edited by coalman
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, coalman said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Barrington_Declaration

"While the authors' website claims that over 14,000 scientists, 40,000 medical practitioners, and more than 800,000 members of the public signed the declaration,[44][45] this list—which anyone could sign online and which required merely clicking a checkbox to claim the status of "scientist"—contains some evidently-fake names, including: "Mr Banana Rama", "Harold Shipman", and "Prof Cominic Dummings".[46][47][48] More than 100 psychotherapists, numerous homeopaths, physiotherapists, massage therapists, and other non-relevant people were found to be signatories, including a performer of Khoomei—a Mongolian style of overtone singing—described as a "therapeutic sound practitioner".[47] An article in The Independent reported that the false signatures put claims about the breadth of support in doubt.[48] Bhattacharya responded by saying that the authors "did not have the resources to audit each signature," and that people had "abused our trust" by adding fake names."

Quick, let me alter wiki....5 mins

The point being, questioning the narrative that took away our liberties more than any other regime in modern times (and not so modern times), was deemed 'radical'.

After recent revalations, it seems the trusted science was not being followed and so many just lapped it up (and the free money) and wanted harder lockdowns.

For every 'Karen' on facebook, you had lunatics like James O'brien on the airwaves asking if those who are not fully jabbed should be excluded from the NHS, and if not being fully jabbed and leaving the house you were in effect, 'killing granny'.

Anyway, United v Saints.......

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Quick, let me alter wiki....5 mins

The point being, questioning the narrative that took away our liberties more than any other regime in modern times (and not so modern times), was deemed 'radical'.

After recent revalations, it seems the trusted science was not being followed and so many just lapped it up (and the free money) and wanted harder lockdowns.

For every 'Karen' on facebook, you had lunatics like James O'brien on the airwaves asking if those who are not fully jabbed should be excluded from the NHS, and if not being fully jabbed and leaving the house you were in effect, 'killing granny'.

Anyway, United v Saints.......

For a couple of years we had nothing but all to wall coverage of debates and news reports on a variety of issues including but not limited to;

• the health risks posed by the virus and who was most at risk
  • the potential implications of new variants, their transmissibility and effect n society
  • the availability and effectiveness of vaccines as and when they were roles out.
  • The priority and efficiency of the vaccine programme.
  • The people who refused to be vaccinated and the associated risks to society
  • The effectiveness of lockdowns, face masks, social distancing and other non-medical preventative measures.
  • Politicians breaking their own rules and things they had said which were misleading or incorrect.
  • The balance of risk between the virus, missing appointments for other diseases, mental health etc.
  • The effect on the economy from being off work, WFH and the industries worst affected.

The pros and cons of all of this and much, much more were debated ad-nauseam but you clearly lacked the will or capability to listen. The simple reason being that people like yourself and Tiss don’t really want reasoned, open, informed debate. You want a smoking gun, a shocking revelation that the whole thing was being orchestrated by some Machiavellian super villain in a Transylvanian castle who wants to enslave the world with a gene-altering vaccine in response to a fictitious virus. Get a life.

• Like 10

Infectious bad ideas called cognogens readily spread in our stressed pandemic environment. One such cognogen, the Great Barrington Declaration , is causing harm. The declaration takes its name from Great Barrington, a Massachusetts resort town. This declaration, signed by 12,000 people, is sponsored by the American Institute for Economic Research, a libertarian think-tank.

The declaration begins with the false premise that governments intend to lock down society, and cherry-picks facts (for example, that COVID-19 infections are mild in healthy people).

A critical mind would look at who has funded this declaration, work out that libertarians are for minimal involvement of any form of government in people’s lives, and reach a conclusion that this doesn’t represent the whole picture.  The funding by libertarians reduces the validity of the work, however valid some of it might be. It’s like those scientists who, for years, said smoking wasn’t bad for you. Because the research were funded by big tobacco companies. 

Also, a critical mind would read that this isn’t about whether covid is real or not but that the lockdowns are harmful against people who aren’t impacted that greatly. Again, a libertarian approach that suggests that the elderly and frail should just tough it out and take whatever comes their way, especially if it means the libertarians can then do what they want.  

Anyway, I just go as the football is on. 

• Like 1

I loved Le Tissier in his playing days, i treasure those memories but that was 20+ years ago and people change. I'm sure he's still a nice bloke to talk to but some of his opinions he airs are at odds with what i believe and i can't take him seriously. Sky was changing its line up and chose to not renew his contract, were his views part of the decision possibly but i don't remember the other regulars who weren't renewed having outspoken views. It's very similar to when R2 changed their line up in the past couple of years. It reminded people that they were getting older and they were uncomfortable with it.

Loved Le Tiss as a player more than any other in my 50 years of support.  Met him a few times round Romsey way and found him to be a good fellow.  But there's just no defence of his recent stuff.  

It reminds me of the relationship with one of my closest friends.  I love the guy and have had the best of times since school age but I pretty much disagree with everything he stands for politically.  So other than the odd drunken fall-out we just get on with it.  I'm not going to bin him even though I think he's a deluded, Brexit-defending, little englander.  

With him and Le Tiss I guess it's just about managing the contradictions.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ashnats said:

Pretty sure he saying Russian atrocities carried out in Ukraine were staged too.

3 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Pretty sure he saying Russian atrocities carried out in Ukraine were staged too.

Yeah thats what done it for me. Can accept his COVID views as there were alot of people who shared similar opinions, but the Ukraine stuff was nutjob material

The biggest claim I remember from those who thought Covid was a conspiracy was that we were willingly giving away our rights and that the government would keep us in lockdown forever, not giving up those special emergency powers they had. That proved to be a load of nonsense without even looking at anything else. 

• Like 2