Saints Kits Season 2022/23

Master Bates

3rd kit looks alright, I suppose. The stripes under the arms are interesting, but feel a little bit out of place with this unusual dark green with the print. I struggle to see a connection between the print and the propellor blades. Its a stretch, but whatever. I like the coloured hoops on the socks.

I don't think I have ever seen three kits so completely separate from each other. Not sure that matters. Variety is the spice...

Still dislike the home kit. It's not the abundance of white, which I don't mind at all, its just that stacked badges look shite...and the black lines are ugly...its poorly designed, probably due to compromise required to meet a request from a clueless exec at Saints.  

Edited by Chez

Newcastle have announced today that they will wear their matchday warmup shirt as their kit away at Brighton (with full sponsors and branding) because all 3 of their kits clash! Ridiculous that this isn't better organised, needing 4 kits is ridiculous (and I know we've done it multiple times!)

Got me thinking, what will Leeds wear this weekend, their home is white which from behind will look the same as ours, but the away is a seemingly pale yellow with dark shorts, so not massively different from across the pitch!

1 hour ago, Fabrice Fernandes no.1 fan said:

Newcastle have announced today that they will wear their matchday warmup shirt as their kit away at Brighton (with full sponsors and branding) because all 3 of their kits clash! Ridiculous that this isn't better organised, needing 4 kits is ridiculous (and I know we've done it multiple times!)

Got me thinking, what will Leeds wear this weekend, their home is white which from behind will look the same as ours, but the away is a seemingly pale yellow with dark shorts, so not massively different from across the pitch!

The Newcastle situation does seem a bit silly.

But anyone who struggles to see the difference between our home kit and Leeds away kit needs their eyes seeing to (imo).

• Confused 1

Curiosity question....

Does anyone know why Bazuna didn't wear the designated home goalkeeper kit vs Leeds?

i.e. this one: 

image.png.498ded6005044831174a02ead00724b7.png

Instead, he wore the kit below which, according to the replica kit available on the club's online store, doesn't even exist....

Ex-Manchester City captain makes Gavin Bazunu claim amid Southampton  Premier League prediction - HampshireLive

I suppose it could be because Leeds were wearing yellow but the small amount of (much darker) yellow in the home keeper's kit doesn't clash with the Leeds kit, does it....?

Leeds United on hunt for striker after 2-2 draw at Southampton

Not the most important issue troubling the planet at the moment, granted, but just my curiosity....

Edited by trousers

5 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Probably because of the "kit clash", but only speculating, not sure. 

Not really sure why we had yellow vs white on Saturday though, would have been fine if we were in red and white stripes, but was difficult to pick them out at times.

Yeah, it seems somewhat inconsistent if the officials deemed the keeper's kit to clash with Leeds' outfield kit but were perfectly happy with light yellow vs white outfiled kits. Hey ho, probably best if I don't try and understand the logic of these things I guess!

Edited by trousers

p.s. Leeds don't appear to have launched a 3rd kit yet this year (as far as I can tell by looking at their website), so wonder what would have happened if the officials had decided the light yellow and white kits were too much of a clash...?

Edited by trousers

7 minutes ago, trousers said:

p.s. Leeds don't appear to have launched a 3rd kit yet this year (as far as I can tell by looking at their website), so wonder what would have happened if the officials had decided the light yellow and white kits were too much of a clash...?

They’d have had to bring another one out, like Newcastle who have just brought out a 4th kit as their first 3 kits clashed with Brighton. 

21 hours ago, trousers said:

Early in the PL, Newcastle played Sheff Wed and all 3 of the away team's kits clashed with black and white stripes so Newcastle were forced to wear their away kit for a home match and Sheff Wed wore their 3rd kit.

The match was also noteworthy as it was refereed by the late Cornish comedian Jethro.

Newcastle-United-4-2-Sheffield-Wednesday

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, once_bitterne said:

Newcastle-United-4-2-Sheffield-Wednesday

Totally unrelated but my only time to St James park was before it was all redeveloped so good to see it again like this, was mid 80s and my Dad took me to watch them v Spurs. Finished 2-2..Waddle n' Hoddle scored for Spurs is all I can remember 😅

6 hours ago, darren2 said:

spacer.png

From when I was sat , with the sun shining it was hard to pick out at times

Mayhave been ok watching on a stream /tv and at pitch level it may have been a big enough difference.

certainly wasn’t that clear from my seat at the ground 

Edited by IFHP
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Colinjb said:

I do like the home shirt this year, but it looks far better with the white shorts as it was at Leicester, shades of the 10/11 Sash.

Agree. Looks alot nicer with white shorts. Also helps when we win in it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Alan Sugarfree said:

Looks the the old ball boys/girls/persons kit at Wimbledon 

I can picture Redmond in one now, sprinting across Centre Court to retrieve a loose ball, only to hold onto it for too long before mistakenly rolling it to a line judge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3