Saints Kits Season 2022/23

Master Bates

9 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Not sure those waves remind me much of the Solent, more like the mid Atlantic in a force 12.

Climate change. Rising sea levels. The waves represent St Marys in 20 years time. 🤣

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Dorchester Saint said:

Really like that, takes me back to the 1990s when the Premier League was fun and the music was brilliant!! 

… but like the late 1960’s, fashion was shite …

Seems it wouldn’t have been out of place in 1967 San Francisco. Far out, man … 

Its grown on me in the last couple of hours. Although like most kits nowadays the sponsor completely ruins it. Could they not have at least make the white circle transparent instead of filling it in?

• Like 1

In fairness I don’t mind the colours as a change.

But the design.FFS, fine as a leisure shirt if that’s your sort of thing but it really is the ‘first Ted Bates statue’ of football shirts.

Wonder when some stupid fucker in our commercial dept will have that interwoven or embossed on a Saints shirt.

• Like 2

Its not quite the Great Wave off Kanagawa, but Hokusai might still like it. Me? Yeah, I think it's pretty cool actually. It's great to have something that feels like it has been designed specifically for us. It has the hallmarks of a single designers work and not put together by committee. I am willing to bet the home shirt design was `wound back' by a non designer, perhaps at Saints, which contributed to it looking so poor.

It's a lot better than the home kit.

Kind of a shame the pattern wasn't used in white of the home kit (instead of the geometric shape) to tie then together a bit. The goal keeping shirts, which I think look great, don't tie in at all, which is a shame.  A subtle link between GK and outfield shirts might have been nice.

25 minutes ago, EBS1980 said:

I like the away shirt. Modern design, there is only so much you can do with stripes or a plain top so glad we are going out there a bit more. 

If we wanted to be a real modern progressive club, we could have used the stripes to our advantage and had a Rainbow flag’d shirt, especially with it being pride month, that really would have got a few likes on the bird app. 

However, this does present an opportunity for us to show our progressiveness on the Terraces, in the form of a new song. 

Rule Southampton, our new shirt has the waves. 
We love non-genders, bisexuals and gays. 

I’m sure @Turkish would approve. 

Edited by Dman
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Chez said:

Its not quite the Great Wave off Kanagawa, but Hokusai might still like it. Me? Yeah, I think it's pretty cool actually. It's great to have something that feels like it has been designed specifically for us. It has the hallmarks of a single designers work and not put together by committee. I am willing to bet the home shirt design was `wound back' by a non designer, perhaps at Saints, which contributed to it looking so poor.

Kind of a shame the pattern wasn't used in white of the home kit (instead of the geometric shape) to tie then together a bit. The goal keeping shirts, which I think look great, don't tie in at all, which is a shame.  A subtle link between GK and outfield shirts might have been nice.

I like it too. Great that we are trying something different. The home shirt looks a bit cheap by comparison. Hilarious how many people are really put off by the kit and frothing at the mouth

57 minutes ago, Chez said:

Not as original as you might think. The design is very similar to the Newport County kit last season and the promotional blurb more so. 

For a PL team it really is embarrassing to have two woeful kits, the home shirt is the worst ive ever seen.

I dont buy kits, but you at least want the team to look semi good amongst its PL contemorparies and these kits puts us nowhere.

Personal finances strained for most, its an easy 'dont bother' and save money with these kits.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Well fuck me, that’s one of the worst Saints shirts I’ve ever seen. Absolutely dreadful. The home kit wasn’t anything to write home about, but at least it wasn’t terrible. I don’t know where to begin with this abomination.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Well fuck me, that’s one of the worst Saints shirts I’ve ever seen. Absolutely dreadful. The home kit wasn’t anything to write home about, but at least it wasn’t terrible. I don’t know where to begin with this abomination.

Totally agree - absolutely disgusting kit! Looks like someone has been sick on it. 

• Haha 1

I'm not sure what to think of this one. I don't hate it. I think it's the gold outline that I'm not keen on and it looks a bit fussy, but it is unique and the two tone teal/blue isn't bad. It's not a kit I'd buy anyway as the wife will no doubt get me the home kit for Christmas. 

Home and away kits both look crap should of kept last seasons for another year. 

Who greenlights the designs? 

Time to end this madness and get the fans to vote for design. 

Personally call me tradional I like basic stripes for home 

And yellow and blue for away 👍  

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, ally_uk said:

👍🏻

28 minutes ago, ally_uk said:

But how would that work? When both home and away kits were announced, there was a flurry of people saying they liked them, followed within a day or so of the majority calling them 'shit'.

Why not just buy one of the kits you like, and don't buy the ones you don't.

8 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Not as original as you might think. The design is very similar to the Newport County kit last season and the promotional blurb more so. 

Similar colours, but completely different designs IMO. What was the blurb for them both?

Edited by Chez

Checked out a ratings forum and our home kit gets 3.7 out of 5 while the second kit gets 4.1. They actually loved the second kit.

One of the highest marks was a 4.7 to WBA which was almost identical to our home one but they added a smaller black stripe either side plus they repeated it on the back. Just shows ours could of been a nice shirt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fan The Flames said:

Not really.

Yes, really. It's even got the amber trimming to represent Newport County's home colours. This was the Hummel PR blurb when it was first introduced: 

"The shirt - inspired by the River Usk which flows through the city - features light and dark shades of teal, while the Exiles' traditional home colours are also present. The panel graphic on the front of the shirt is developed directly from looking at the river and is representative of the ripples and eddies that appear as it flows."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2