Saints Kits Season 2022/23

Master Bates

As someone that doesn't like stripes, whether they're our "tradition" or not, that gets a definite like from me.

Have to laugh at the marketing bo||ox though, it's a nice shirt, but no, it dosn't inspire me to be brave. I mean wtf is all that nonsense about?

Edited by Wurzel
attrocious spelling
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

How does everyone feel? 

I'm glad you managed to keep it quiet that you knew what the new kit looked like by asking leading questions rather than telling us outright what it looked like. I think you got away with it...  ;) 

Same time, same place next year....? :)

Edited by trousers

8 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

My only criticism would be the big white circle at the start of the sponsors logo. Why that could have been empty to allow the red stripe to be unbroken I don’t understand.

Yep, this. Ruins an otherwise decent design*

(*yes, I know it's "just a kit" and none of this matters in the general scheme of things.... #firstworldproblems)

Edited by trousers

31 minutes ago, nta786 said:

I like the kit but when did kits become £55 rather than £50?

Also 29th July is a long time to wait until you receive your kit 

About 2-3 years ago I think. I heard Newcastle are charging 75!

33 minutes ago, nta786 said:

If I feel inclined to buy one I tend to wait until January when they’re normally about 1/3 off.

Dont love it, dont hate it. I dont mind that we mix it up and deviate from stripes every now and then.
Personally, I wish it had a v-neck and that would vastly improve it, always my preference as I think round necks look like training tops.

29 minutes ago, trousers said:

Is it my poor eyesight or are the shorts dark blue rather than black....?

image.thumb.png.0e5a593e8a6cc4c976807c83c662c57b.png

27 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Just lighting I think

27 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Think it's just lighting, as there's light blue behind. Probably an eye trick!

That's a shame, I think the 'dark blue' looks better than black :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nta786 said:

I bet you'll be able to buy it on DHgate and have it delivered before then and all for £15.  The club are encouraging this by making us wait so long

31 minutes ago, trousers said:

If the sponsor logo had a more transparent background....then I'd be sold I think

24 minutes ago, trousers said:

It would seem they can do a transparent sponsor logo when it comes to the junior kits.... 

And the keeper shirt has a transparent background version of the sponsor logo.... why can't they put that on the outfield shirt....? Would look a bit less tacky....

1821-830.jpg

Edited by trousers

53 minutes ago, saintquin said:

I've always thought Saints fans should sing Come on you Saints and not reds!

At least we could sing the same song home and away.

I've said this before. Mentioned it on twitter but didnt get much traction. Some kid replying 'just no'. Makes so much sense to change it to 'Come on your Saints'. Guess we might just need to get a group in the northam to start it and it'll gain traction from there

• Like 2

First impression... I don't like the overall kit - it doesn't particulary feel like a saints kit and the central striped shirt and black shorts with side details just seem imbalanced. I thnk its too white or the central stripe is too narrow or something. Also dislike looking like Fulham from the back. 

Edited by Saint86

Two things that really annoy me.

1. A replica kit means a lot to a child and children can't wear a shirt with the same sponsor due to our choice of sponsor.  I know it's only the sponsor and the rest is the same but kids want to wear exactly the same outfit as their heros.

2. The optimal time for wearing a shirt apart from to games is in the summer.  Given the shirts only last a year, the shirt is old hat by the time the season ends.  People want to wear the shirt in the summer months preceding the season and they can only do so from the beginning of August.  Surely, release it in May after the season has ended.

I know it's only a shirt but it means a lot to a lot of people otherwise it wouldnt sell for that price.

27 minutes ago, bender said:

Two things that really annoy me.

1. A replica kit means a lot to a child and children can't wear a shirt with the same sponsor due to our choice of sponsor.  I know it's only the sponsor and the rest is the same but kids want to wear exactly the same outfit as their heros.

2. The optimal time for wearing a shirt apart from to games is in the summer.  Given the shirts only last a year, the shirt is old hat by the time the season ends.  People want to wear the shirt in the summer months preceding the season and they can only do so from the beginning of August.  Surely, release it in May after the season has ended.

I know it's only a shirt but it means a lot to a lot of people otherwise it wouldnt sell for that price.

Exactly.  I've never got why we can't insist our kits are launched in May as they used to be.  It makes perfect sense to play the last home game of the season in the new kit to act as an advert for anyone who wants one for holiday.

• Like 1