Saints Kits Season 2022/23

Master Bates

46 minutes ago, cloggy saint said:

I couldn't really give a toss what they're wearing as long as they play well and win a few games.

8 minutes ago, St Louis said:

You're probably in the wrong thread then 🙃

If he wants a team that plays well and wins games, he probably supports the wrong team! 🙃

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Lots of white sounds good to me. Badge in the middle with brand underneath looks shite...

But if, like several other clubs, they start to give an option of buying a shirt without the sponsor brand... ....that would look pretty good, yes?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

I reckon, although MLG dismissed it almost immediately as the real thing 😉

I know, it could also mean the design of that wave fugly away shirt was close as well.

But as they are only mock ups by some wannabe 😉who knows.

5 hours ago, northam soul said:

So this is actually close to the real thing then ! Allegedly 

While not a fan, surely the badge needs to be to the side and manufacturer ditto other side, u can’t see them very well otherwise , also it will balance it out, is the LONE stripe just on the front or back aswell? If it is on the back then will it be black number or is that classed as stripes… in which case a white back? That will look terrible. Are socks white with a red band , that will be the only thing that u cd do to try and make it kind of saint like. Oh it’s awful if you ask me. 

6 hours ago, Mowgli said:

But if, like several other clubs, they start to give an option of buying a shirt without the sponsor brand... ....that would look pretty good, yes?

Never seen that offered. I would buy one if it didn't have the sponsor on it ... especially not a gambling one.

I don't buy football shirts, but who wants to be walking billboard?

• Like 1

On 01/06/2022 at 22:28, Chez said:

I don't buy football shirts, but who wants to be walking billboard?

That was my point.  Sales would be much higher if they gave the option of buying without the billboard logo.  Either way, the latest mock up - which may or may not be close to the actual shirt - does look pretty good.  Shame I'm getting too old to be wearing this type of shirt!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mowgli said:

Sales would be much higher if they gave the option of buying without the billboard logo.  

Finding a sponsor willing to accept their logo would not be featuring on a large % of replica shirts would be a very hard task for the club’s commercial department!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Finding a sponsor willing to accept their logo would not be featuring on a large % of replica shirts would be a very hard task for the club’s commercial department!

Like the betting companies not appearing on the kids shirts?

18 minutes ago, Mowgli said:

That was my point.  Sales would be much higher if they gave the option of buying without the billboard logo.  Either way, the latest mock up - which may or may not be close to the actual shirt - does look pretty good.  Shame I'm getting too old to be wearing this type of shirt!

Rather too much like Arsenal from this past season. And worryingly like the shirts Sheffield United wore when they got relegated to the old division four

19 minutes ago, Mowgli said:

That looks ok, lil arsenalesque but wd be better than  what we are led to believe, def better with red at sides a la keegan 80’s. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chez said:

Like the betting companies not appearing on the kids shirts?

They know that will be the case at every club and that it will soon be a market they don't even have for adult shirts.

If Saints gave the option for no sponsor it is hard to see nany if any replica shirts being sold at all.

Of course the main benefit to a sponsor is having their logo on player shirts during games on TV across the world, but the replica shirt market opens it up for many thousands of mini billboards for them for brand exposure. 

5 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

They know that will be the case at every club and that it will soon be a market they don't even have for adult shirts.

If Saints gave the option for no sponsor it is hard to see many if any replica shirts being sold at all.

So, basically half the Prem team shirt sponsors (are betting companies) and they don't appear on the majority of shirts sold (assuming more kids shirts are sold than adults), and those sponsors are fine with that, because the real value is reaching millions of eyes via TV and other media. So your point about it being a hard task for the commercial department is therefore incorrect. They have already done it.

I don't follow your point above about no shirts being sold unless a sponsors logo is on it, or is your reply poorly worded and you meant none would be sold with a sponsors logo if there was an option not to have it?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Chez said:

So, basically half the Prem team shirt sponsors (are betting companies) and they don't appear on the majority of shirts sold (assuming more kids shirts are sold than adults), and those sponsors are fine with that, because the real value is reaching millions of eyes via TV and other media. So your point about it being a hard task for the commercial department is therefore incorrect. They have already done it.

There’s precedent for it elsewhere too. In 20/21 and 21/22 Celtic sold a no-sponsor version of their home and away shirts.

https://store.celticfc.com/celtic-mens-2021-22-home-shirt-with-no-sponsor

51 minutes ago, Kenilworthy said:

Rather too much like Arsenal from this past season. And worryingly like the shirts Sheffield United wore when they got relegated to the old division four

We’d best never copy the design of any team that’s ever been relegated in case it jinxes us!

36 minutes ago, Chez said:

I don't follow your point above about no shirts being sold unless a sponsors logo is on it, or is your reply poorly worded and you meant none would be sold with a sponsors logo if there was an option not to have it?

Yep. Made no sense to me. I'm not one for buying football shirts, but given the choice I'd prefer one without a betting sponsor logo every day of the week.

3 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

There’s precedent for it elsewhere too. In 20/21 and 21/22 Celtic sold a no-sponsor version of their home and away shirts.

https://store.celticfc.com/celtic-mens-2021-22-home-shirt-with-no-sponsor

I notice that option only available on small and extra small sizes, so perhaps still aimed at kids market. 

I know some people pay extra for Prem badges and names etc to be added. Wonder if some would pay extra for sponsors logo added - so as to make the shirt more like the one worn by players? Or, would there be a market for paying more to NOT have the sponsors logo. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chez said:

I notice that option only available on small and extra small sizes, so perhaps still aimed at kids market. 

I know some people pay extra for Prem badges and names etc to be added. Wonder if some would pay extra for sponsors logo added - so as to make the shirt more like the one worn by players? Or, would there be a market for paying more to NOT have the sponsors logo. 

I don’t think it is, it’s last seasons shirt so probably all they’ve got left in stock.  There’s leaked pics of Celtics 22/23 shirt online with no sponsor.

I may be wrong and my memory failing me, but I thought either the Ireland football or rugby shirts always used to have a logo on them, but it was possible to pay more for a sponsor free version. Like I say, not sure of that but just what I thought I remember. Personally there’s no way I’d pay more to have a sponsor on a shirt, they pretty much always make the shirt design worse.

2 hours ago, Mowgli said:

I love the collar and cuffs on this it’s very reminiscent of the Patrick shirts in that way 

2 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Stoke made all sizes up to 6xl available with no sponsor with Bet365's blessing. It was so popular they had to order more

https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/2020/november/Sponsor-free-shirts-back-in-stock/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Stoke made all sizes up to 6xl available with no sponsor with Bet365's blessing. It was so popular they had to order more

https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/2020/november/Sponsor-free-shirts-back-in-stock/

Easy to get the blessing of your sponsor... when the sponsor is owned by the same family who own the club! 😉

Edited by Matthew Le God

Love it. This shirt design lends itself to a centralised badge.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr Who? said:

I’ve heard that the release is being delayed so a big new signing can be part of the photo shoot. 

Who could this be? 🤔 

Yes I can reveal they are trying to talk Razor Ruddock out of retirement.

Edited by Pilchards
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dr Who? said:

I’ve heard that the release is being delayed so a big new signing can be part of the photo shoot. 

Who could this be? 🤔 

Hopefully it's announced at 1pm on Friday afternoon 😉

Holy-grail time for any announcement.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dr Who? said:

Who could this be? 🤔 

Charlie Austin's coming back then. 🤣

(I find that if you set your expectations extremely low, the anti-climax is far easier to stomach)

Nice to see the club dragging out the kit launch until they've finished editing some pointless two minute video for its release; rather than actually releasing it early and trying to capitalise on some sales.

It's also a World Cup year, will a lot of fans be buying internationals shirts this year? In all truth probably not. But then again I haven't bought a football shirt for maybe twenty years. Waste of money.

Then again maybe I'm just old. 🙂 I've never understood why clubs take ages to drag out kit launches. Just do it once the season ends. Presumably kit manufacturers have been on this for the past year? Just seems the Southampton Way to delay it until July and then not actually make them available to buy until mid-October once all the faults have been ironed out 🤣

8 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Nice to see the club dragging out the kit launch until they've finished editing some pointless two minute video for its release; rather than actually releasing it early and trying to capitalise on some sales.

It's also a World Cup year, will a lot of fans be buying internationals shirts this year? In all truth probably not. But then again I haven't bought a football shirt for maybe twenty years. Waste of money.

Then again maybe I'm just old. 🙂 I've never understood why clubs take ages to drag out kit launches. Just do it once the season ends. Presumably kit manufacturers have been on this for the past year? Just seems the Southampton Way to delay it until July and then not actually make them available to buy until mid-October once all the faults have been ironed out 🤣

Extra care is being taken to make sure the sponsors logo doesn't fall off. 🙂

• Haha 2