Saints Kits Season 2022/23

Master Bates

Saw an interesting ad/campaign on Facebook where the club were looking for people to feature in the promotion of the new kits.

The premise was bravery and I think(?) applicants were asked to give an example of something they’ve wanted to overcome.

I can’t remember how it was worded but it implied that the new kit would also be ‘brave’, so prepare for something a little different/spicy!??

anyone else catch this?

48 minutes ago, Juneau said:

Saw an interesting ad/campaign on Facebook where the club were looking for people to feature in the promotion of the new kits.

The premise was bravery and I think(?) applicants were asked to give an example of something they’ve wanted to overcome.

I can’t remember how it was worded but it implied that the new kit would also be ‘brave’, so prepare for something a little different/spicy!??

anyone else catch this?

Yes I saw that.

Bold and brave.

Could be worse, "strong and stable" springs to mind. 

• Haha 1

Hummel half and half recreation please.

Failing that, I’d like to see Saints do ‘a Feyenoord’ and have a full on red and white halved shirt, with black shorts and black or white socks. We’ve had the sash, which was great. We did quarters for the last Dell game. We’ve never done red and white halves since they were initially worn in the 1800s. 

9305-FBCF-BDC3-4-E46-925-C-1-DB876605219

Edited by The Kraken
  • Like 4

The Hummel UK kit designer states in this video a version of the Denmark/Saints 1980s shirt will happen. They didn't want to do it in their first season back with Saints but it will probably happen at some point during the club's deal with Hummel.

From around 3 minutes onwards...

Edited by Matthew Le God

15 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

The Hummel UK kit designer states in this video a version of the Denmark/Saints 1980s shirt will happen. They didn't want to do it in their first season back with Saints but it will probably happen at some point during the club's deal with Hummel.

From around 3 minutes onwards...

Would you have a pic of the shirt?

I was pretty sure it would happen but also sure it wouldn't be in season one. Would be great to see as long as they don't cock it up.

I think could be improved as on the 1980s version the red wasn't very red. Shirt technology must have moved on a bit in the last 30 years.

3 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

The only worry with that is that from a distance, it just blurs into pink.

My recollection of it also, always looked red and pink, or possibly light and dark pink.

CB Fry may have a point regarding the colour definition being improved, but the return to the same shades doesn’t appeal to me. Would prefer the straight Feyenoord red and white halves. That would look ‘bold’. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, StDunko said:

I really didn't like this at the time, when I was a nipper, but it has really grown on me.

I quite liked it as a kid but that might be because we could double up as Denmark in subbuteo. Makes me think of Colin Clarke as well. The Danes had the same design but opposite colours as a change kit as well. 

16.017204651.jpg

3b396934c464f354a407bce5966a8d90.jpg

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Juneau said:

anyone else catch this?

I watched us play in the Poortvliet/Woote season does that count?

Denmark's 3rd kit from last season was really nice.

denmark-2021-2022-hummel-third-kit-1.jpg

Edited by once_bitterne
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Given the theme seems to be bravery I fully expect it to be some virtue signalling nonsense with LGBTs and so on interviewed about how brave they have to be with a rainbow kit or something nauseating 

Including an image of a kneeling player woven into the design,  perfect. 

I love brave people me. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, manji said:

If the denazification of Ukraine continues I reckon every club will have yellow and blue and a Rainbow kit as away.

it will save too much kneeling as well.

We could have digital LED shirts so we can keep changing them to the latest thing we need to virtue signal about throughout the season. 

• Like 2

On 24/03/2022 at 23:43, djharvey said:

Concept!

Wasn't a great fan of this at the time but it's grown on me over the years, possibly partly due to nostalgia (european cup winners cup, promotion, Ted MacDogall, Boyer, Bally, Channon's return..), partly due to some worse designs since makes it look smart.

The design also looks improved without the Admiral logo plastered down the sleeve. 

1 hour ago, Master Bates said:

Love this

Screenshot_20220326-160244_Samsung Internet.jpg

What this tells me is that I love the Denmark kit now because I loved it at the time we wore it. When I was ten years old.

I fear any variation on it for next season I'm not going to be too keen on.

But if we win the league Cup wearing something like that, I'll fall into line.

23 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

What this tells me is that I love the Denmark kit now because I loved it at the time we wore it. When I was ten years old.

I fear any variation on it for next season I'm not going to be too keen on.

But if we win the league Cup wearing something like that, I'll fall into line.

The Denmark half and half was absolutely tremendous. I find that mock up a complete abomination.

The 1976 mock up is a beauty though.