Saints Kits Season 2022/23

Master Bates

15 minutes ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

I sense that I might just be in a minority on this opinion, but I really don't get the hype for the late 80s shirts. Guessing there's a strong element of 'you had to be there'. If we're going to do halves I would like to see a simple red and white. To me, this just looks pink and red.

Agree. I think the two different stripe sections look a mess close up and just red and pink from a distance. Same shirt in two plain red and white sections would look awesome, fresh, stylish and (I think but I'm probably wrong, maybe Blackburn?) unique as a home kit in English football

24 minutes ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

I sense that I might just be in a minority on this opinion, but I really don't get the hype for the late 80s shirts. Guessing there's a strong element of 'you had to be there'. If we're going to do halves I would like to see a simple red and white. To me, this just looks pink and red.

You had to be there 😁

• Like 3

I was there, it was rubbish then!! Looked pink! The first stripes we had circa 89/90 were ok, seems we have mucked our kits up ever since. Am all for trying something new but it does have to be loosely based on red and red stripes. The rebooted under armour keegan style was my favourite in the last 10 years also. The rest have just been over complicated, too red. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I heard we may actually get to see the kits this week finally. 

If you are interested in getting these full kits for only £35 for Adults and £30 for Children then become a member of this group.

These are the real shirts which they order for you, They will order a bulk of Saints shirts straight away I believe.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2247562552063445/?ref=share

1 hour ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

I agree, personally think that shirt above is a disgusting mess.

8 hours ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

Agreed, not just this one but the white shoulder effort was another dogs dinner of a shirt.

7 hours ago, Wurzel said:

Agree. I think the two different stripe sections look a mess close up and just red and pink from a distance. Same shirt in two plain red and white sections would look awesome, fresh, stylish and (I think but I'm probably wrong, maybe Blackburn?) unique as a home kit in English football

The template I thought worked quite well for Coventry (sky blue, and white)_, and toi a lesser degree for Villa (claret and sky). It might have worked well for our away kit (yellow/blue, or sky/navy) had they chosen it, but for the home it really was red and pink.

R&W halves would be good for a change. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Master Bates said:

It IS true if Sports Republic have officially only bought the one club atm. So yes, all Sports Republic clubs will be wearing the same kit.

This is the most MLG tweet I've ever seen 😂

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Pilchards said:

If you are interested in getting these full kits for only £35 for Adults and £30 for Children then become a member of this group.

These are the real shirts which they order for you, They will order a bulk of Saints shirts straight away I believe.

How do they get them that cheap ?  You sure they don't get them from Dhgate or something ?

22 hours ago, Pilchards said:

A private group with just 86 members....? 

image.thumb.png.0904f86809429862564134f3d6df9dba.png

22 hours ago, Pilchards said:

Page not opening for me. What's group called?

7 minutes ago, jawillwill said:

48 hours and 28 minutes to wait... 🕵‍♂️

Source? Im embarrassed at how impatient I am for a new shirt release but with no footy on at the moment any kind of saints related news is exciting haha

• Like 3

Southampton have attempted to deter interest from Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham and West Ham in 27-year-old England midfielder James Ward-Prowse with a £75m valuation.

It will be interesting to see if our club captain is pictured in the kit release promos! 

2 hours ago, Saint Keef said:

Southampton have attempted to deter interest from Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham and West Ham in 27-year-old England midfielder James Ward-Prowse with a £75m valuation.

It will be interesting to see if our club captain is pictured in the kit release promos! 

Agreed. Subject to how much we spend on the next few players, at some point we'll have to wonder where the money is coming from. And our much rumoured bologna based swede is very much in the jwp style of players. 

16 minutes ago, samhammond said:

Only one day left. Can we expect it tomorrow..?

Nope, Sunday towards the end of Songs of Praise Live on TV.

During the last song, which 'happens to be Oh When The Saints, the choir boys rip off their IvyRobes to reveal the new kits.

Edited by Master Bates
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I read that Brentford have moved away from these annual kit changes and had gone back to a 2 year cycle, not sure of the full details but apparently other teams considering the same, would be a very positive move I think especially for those who buy them for their kids. Hard to justify £50 + but might consider it if its for two years. 

Feels unlikely the media team would launch a new kit on a Sunday (unless the date is somehow specifically relevant to the kit: June 26th I don't recall as being significant to the club)

It's going to be a weekday, when the people that work in media/communications are actually at work.

Edited by CB Fry