Saints Kits Season 2022/23

Master Bates

Love a white kit.

Can't stand the stacked badges. Understand why they do it, but just think it looks really poor. I can imagine the designer saying "so, what do we do with the badges then?".

Hate the thickness of the black vertical lines. Cheapens the whole design.

Have to say I much prefer how the shirt looks with the Utilia sponsorship. 

Hummel really do the best keeper shirts by miles. Looks great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richardc said:

who's the new signing with the glasses?

That is the captain of our Walking Football team. It is said that Ralph plays an active part in coaching the side and incorporated some of their tactics into the A team which didn't go unnoticed last season. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, alehouseboys said:

I don't seem to have any lucky posting images but looks like someone was darn close on here https://www.sotonians.com/t/new-kit-22-23/6493 back in May

And a nice reverse option in there too

This new offering is perfectly fine with me, we can revert back to stripes next time with 'traditional' dark blue shorts, thank you.

That design is nicer than what we've got. No ugly patterns on the white, a thicker red stripe and a better sponsor logo. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Chez said:

Love a white kit.

Can't stand the stacked badges. Understand why they do it, but just think it looks really poor. I can imagine the designer saying "so, what do we do with the badges then?".

Hate the thickness of the black vertical lines. Cheapens the whole design.

Have to say I much prefer how the shirt looks with the Utilia sponsorship. 

Hummel really do the best keeper shirts by miles. Looks great.

Yeah agree on that one, goalkeeper kit really is a looker... 

Just seen on the OS that as part of the kit launch  in a "Premier League football club first" there will be an exclusive one-off auction for an Non-fungible ticket (NFT), whatever the fuck that means.

Either way, bet Everton fans are fuming that we've beaten them to this accolade

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Chez said:

It's the only option with a design like this really. If the badge wasn't central it would be crossing over the line between the red and the white and would look a lot worse IMO.

1 minute ago, Sheaf Saint said:

It's the only option with a design like this really. If the badge wasn't central it would be crossing over the line between the red and the white and would look a lot worse IMO.

Just poor design.

Lose the black lines and the badges could traverse the red and white stripes just fine (removing the black lines would also enable the sponsor logo to be transparent like the GK shirt - it cant be as the line would interfere with the lettering). Make the stripe wider and the badges fit into the red, make it thinner and they could appear to the side of it. It matters not. It is what it is. Will just bug the hell out of me all year.

What's behind the pattern in the white. Or is it random? Shame they couldn't somehow tie that pattern in withe keeper shirt design to create a joined up kit.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

You might have a point. Not sure traversing does look great. Better than stacking.

White Ajax Amsterdam 21/22 Home Jersey ELR81

32 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Ugh! and Yuk! 

Surely the ghastliest kit of the last 50 years. Nothing about it says Saints. 

Well lucky that's not our actual kit then.

What do you want the kit to say about Saints?  I'm assuming it's "I'm a deckchair fetishist"?

A bit too much white for me, but basically a rehash of the Hassan Kachloul/Dean Richards late nineties Rupert Lowe Own Label kit. OK. But not the worst Saints kit I have ever seen. Cortese will always take that crown.

2 hours ago, kenneth_kenobi said:

So now we clash with Spurs, Leeds and Fulham as well as all the red teams.  May have been deliberate so we wear change strip more.

What does this mean?  Clubs always wear their away strips for away games unless these clash, so the colour of the home kit for away games is irrelevant.  

Our striped home kit would have clashed with Spurs and Fulham anyway as it has a lot of white in...

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

A bit too much white for me, but basically a rehash of the Hassan Kachloul/Dean Richards late nineties Rupert Lowe Own Label kit. OK. But not the worst Saints kit I have ever seen. Cortese will always take that crown.

The Ripley kit. Brings back great memories of him marauding down the wing,  crossing for Uwe Rosler. With Mark Draper pulling the strings in midfield. bledilis proving the squad depth we’ve not had since 

B83B4D1F-3C43-4747-9DF1-12B4DA7A7CCD.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

54 minutes ago, Turkish said:

The Ripley kit. Brings back great memories of him marauding down the wing,  crossing for Uwe Rosler. With Mark Draper pulling the strings in midfield. bledilis proving the squad depth we’ve not had since 

Why would a site called sporting-heroes.net have a picture of Stuart Ripley?

The discussion on this thread is the same every season. There will always be those who like the new kit and those who don't. There's been quite a few in recent years that I have initially not been too keen on but they have grown on me as the season progresses. I quite like this one and I think it will grow on me even more.

I think the only kit in recent years that I have truly disliked and never warmed to is the Under Armour bra-top kit from the Puel season:

Southampton home jersey 2016/17

I don’t dislike it. I’m not really a big fan of rounded collars but I’m never going to wear the thing.

Biggest criticism is the sponsor, it looks cheaply done and stuck on. Looks so much better when JWP crosses his arms and hides it.

78-E583-AA-8-EBB-4-F77-B5-FA-F28701-E3-B

10 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

The discussion on this thread is the same every season. There will always be those who like the new kit and those who don't. There's been quite a few in recent years that I have initially not been too keen on but they have grown on me as the season progresses. I quite like this one and I think it will grow on me even more.

I think the only kit in recent years that I have truly disliked and never warmed to is the Under Armour bra-top kit from the Puel season:

Southampton home jersey 2016/17

#Raisethebra

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Not a fan of the design, too much white. With a bit of red down the sides it might have looked OK. Smacks of trying to do something different for the sake of it.

Exactly.

Could have been worse no doubt, but for me too much white, why the plain back that in itself seems unsaintslike. It isn't a classic enough design to be an Ajax shirt, but could pass for a PSG away strip.

And then the spiderman graphics on the white. Did the kit designer allow his retarded 12 year old to import something onto his laptop from an 'etch-a-sketch' ?

2 hours ago, aintforever said:

Smacks of trying to do something different for the sake of it.

Im not a huge fan of the kit but I don’t dislike it. And I’d prefer we do something like this rather than have stripes year on year. Red and white stripes with black shorts is also Sunderland, Brentford etc…. Saints can keep red and white and stay ‘traditional’ with quarters, halves, rank xerox, sash, and this new one. Personally I think stripes are extremely bland, so while I’m not a huge fan of this one, I prefer it to another stripes shirt.

Edited by The Kraken
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kenilworthy said:

Think it will look better with the alternative white shorts. But I can't think of any game where we will need to change shorts because of a clash and where the rest of the kit doesn't clash with the home team anyway.

Wolves the only one I think. They wear black shorts so we usually change shorts but wear our home kit

57 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Does anyone have a good suggestion as to how that would be best replicated in FM23? So much going on on it, so many colours and a pattern that isn't in the template list! 😁

I guess from a distance it will just look like orange with black sleeves so that's probably the template that fits the best

5 hours ago, Turkish said:

Loved that kit.

5 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Why would a site called sporting-heroes.net have a picture of Stuart Ripley?

premier league winning England international with over 500 professional appearances. Part of the great squad they secured 10th place for us in 2000/01 season. Legends come in all shapes and sizes. One man’s legend is others usless prick

Edited by Turkish