Saints Kits Season 2022/23

Master Bates

12 hours ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

The squad get to try out the new third kit before general release...

a-group-of-men-in-homemade-fancy-dress-o

Note the protective headgear with Saints, bravely and boldly, at the forefront of preventing concussion injuries.

Note also the small midriff fighter plane: celebrating our nation's brave and bold heritage, while also keeping grabby opponents at bay during corners.

Hhmmm, two semi-advanced strikers and a slightly false 9,

'And vot is your name?'  'Don't tell him Armstrong'.

• Haha 1

Quite like it. Don’t get all the bold and brave stuff but nice to have a unique shirt. Whatever they design they’ll never win. Traditionalists like it old school and simple, other folk prefer something a bit more modern and unique. Would still have Hummel over any other companies everyday of the week. 

I'm generally unbothered about kits, but IMO this one is great.

A unique design rather than template blandness and can see it being popular with the demographic that replica shirts are tailored to, i.e kids (plus those who will buy every shirt regardless of course).

On 10/05/2022 at 22:30, Justin C said:

Really random but from a very good source. 
The home kit is a reverse of the Keagan kit, ie red and white stripes reversed.
Away kit has been designed by a Japanese artist based on waves with the Solent in mind. 
Third kit has the RAF crest involved because the spitfire was associated with Southampton.

But we will see. This my only inside info I have ever had! 

Guys I am going to milk my first ever in the know! 
I am now looking forward to the Spitfire element one now! 

• Like 6

Like it. Well done Saints. Different and interesting. But won't that new goalie kit make the keeper invisible against the turf? (no change there for one of our keepers... 😉 )

At first glance I thought it was a spoof post, but the more I look at it the more I like it. It's a kit that is going to be remembered. At least it looks like a football shirt, Man Ciy's recent paisley effort just looked like a t-shirt. Again the big white circle on the sponsor logo spoils it, could have got away with transparent on that design.  Looking forward to the third kit now.

3 minutes ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

The ‘brave’ nonsense is such bullshit. It’s a football shirt FFS, not doing something that is facing danger, pain or showing courage without fear. Of this is being brave, then the club is actually a bunch of lightweight scaredy cats. 

What gets me is the kid in the promo vid going, "sometimes I don't want to go to school but I still do.."

• Haha 5

I quite like the design but there's also a certain element to it that feels like it would suit a kid much better than an adult? I'll have to see what it looks like on the pitch tho.

On the plus side, I think the goalkeeper kits have been brilliant. I don't usually buy them but I'm actually thinking about it this year.

It could have been much worse and overall I think all the kits are so far an improvement from last year. Except the third black one, that was a thing of beauty and will be hard to top. Although I'm hopeful the third one this year will be good too. Interested to see what they do with the spitfire idea.

Edited by TheDevilishSaint
Typo
  • Sad 1

Prepare for the endless ‘Saints may be wearing their new kit, Brian, but they look all at sea at the moment’ commentary lines.

I quite like it. But does no one from the marketing team ever go to away games and hear how loud the ‘Yellows’ chant gets? 

I’m expecting the third kit to have a diving spitfire silhouetted against a massive yellow sun. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, LaptopSaint said:

Prepare for the endless ‘Saints may be wearing their new kit, Brian, but they look all at sea at the moment’ commentary lines. 

Did you just wander in from a game of dodgeball? (To be fair, though, they also had some iffy kits.)

12 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Tell me this is a wind-up, p-l-e-e-z-e!

This just goes from bad to worse. The designer must be on hallucinating drugs.

Yuk!

Drugs have been influential in many of the best creative elements of our world so let’s leave the drugs out of this 😎 if anything, it’s the design of someone who wishes they were on drugs but can’t because they do inebriation tests at an outdated workplace. 

• Like 3