Saints Kits Season 2022/23

Master Bates

28 minutes ago, Justin C said:

I don’t see how this is linked to a Spitfire. I had it from a very good source that it was linked to Spitfire. 
The other two were bang on from the source. 
Not sure I can get PMs but if I can message me and I can tell you who it is. 

It’s the camo green with red, white, blue and yellow on the side.

Not a fan of any of the kits this season, just looks like some marketing twat is over-thinking it. ‘Be bold’ white home, sea sick away, Spitfire third - bollocks. Just design three nice looking kits FFS.

Edited by aintforever
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Roo1976 said:

Same for me we are stripes yes? not stripe or sea sick waves or some sort of camo kit ....wouldn't have minded hummels retro style we originally had but these nah naff at best . How many times do you think we might have to use the 3rd kit at home?

I agree these kits are not for me. However my 13yr old said the blue kit is the best ever, so it’s probably not aimed at me. To be fair as a mid 40 yr old bloke I should not be wearing the kit. 

So maybe we’ll played Saints! 

1 hour ago, DT said:

Is it really blue shorts with a green top? I mean. Crikey. 

It's green? Couldn't tell from those pics. 

Shirt looks alright. Have to reserve judgement on the kit as a whole until see shorts and socks.

Shame there is no stylistic feature linking the three kits.

I personally like all three kits. They're different yes but you can't churn out the same shirts every season. I'm glad the club come away from stripes every other season as I think you're very restricted in the designs you can have that incorporate them. That being said I never buy shirts as I can't justify paying £55 for a football shirt. 

3 minutes ago, Justin C said:

I agree these kits are not for me. However my 13yr old said the blue kit is the best ever, so it’s probably not aimed at me. To be fair as a mid 40 yr old bloke I should not be wearing the kit. 

So maybe we’ll played Saints! 

Mid 40s myself and would never buy or where a shirt, but think the blue is right up there with the best ever. Its very marmite though.

This years kits are shite imo. Last seasons were bang on, Saint’s play in red and white stripes and yellow and blue away. The black kit was also great. Also the collars looked much better than round necks. Admittedly this seasons blue kit is quite striking but isn’t a football kit and is hideous as such. I might be a boring traditionalist but I personally think the club and Hummel have done a piss poor job on this seasons kits.

• Like 4

I might get the home kit it's kinda growing on me. 

My son has the away I like it 

The third kit I like the colour and thats about it. 

In all honesty last seasons kit were better much better. 

They should of released that white kit from last year as this years 3rd kit..... 

11 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Shocking kits from Hummel this year, I was really hopeful when they took the deal, that we’d get some really great kits, but the white one is woeful, the blue one looks like a rugby league shirt, and that green/blue design is awful. A big shame. 

Agree. Such a shame that is Hummel producing such rubbish. 

The blue away, yes, fine, get it. Aways can be a bit nuts, I don't like it but its not for me.

But the home kit shouldn't be that difficult and it is dreadful, just far too much white. Awful on TV. The club did a better version of that style of kit when we had our own-brand kit 20 years ago, so it is laughable that a major brand can't do it.

On 29/07/2022 at 10:20, Dorchester Saint said:

Did someone say the 3rd kit was to be released today? 

On 29/07/2022 at 21:15, trousers said:

My money's on the 4th August...

On 01/08/2022 at 11:06, samhammond said:

Think you might be right, someone posted about that being the date for the Spitfire so that would make sense (third kit is inspired by it).

Yep... 4th August is the anniversary of the first spitfire to go into service, so would be surprised if that hasn't come into the thinking....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Who? said:

Anyone going to be queuing up to get their free JD sleeve sponsorship on their tops? I wish you could op’ed out of all sponsorship. 

The shirt sponsor can be removed easily with acetone (nail varnish remover), there are youtube vids showing how, I removed the Chinese nonsense from my Under Armour sash kit, worked a charm.  Paint acetone on the sticker you want rid of, wait 5 mins, peel it off.

20 minutes ago, Dorchester Saint said:

Meh…..if it’s supposed to commemorate the Spitfire then there was all sorts they could have done….it’s just a green kit, it could represent an avacado for all anyone knows. Looks ok in itself, but I think they’ve missed a trick. 

In fairness, there doesn't appear to be any reference to the Spitfire itself in the blurb...

Created in partnership with hummel, the new Southampton FC third kit has been designed taking inspiration from the city's rich aviation history and its connections to the RAF. The dark green and black shirt features a subtle detail design, taking reference from propellor blades.  The shirt features four stripes on either side of the shirt, in yellow, white, red and blue, taking inspiration from the RAF Roundel.

Would have been much cooler if they'd worked the actual RAF roundel design into the shirt as we would all know for sure what it was trying to do.  I guess that wouldn't have been tolerated by some though which explains why they've gone for the more subtle reference.  As you say though, it just ends up being something that isn't particularly obvious what it's meant to be.

The goalie top is cool though!

image.thumb.jpeg.7eab735500e9804acb3941b04bb03631.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

In fairness, there doesn't appear to be any reference to the Spitfire itself in the blurb...

Created in partnership with hummel, the new Southampton FC third kit has been designed taking inspiration from the city's rich aviation history and its connections to the RAF. The dark green and black shirt features a subtle detail design, taking reference from propellor blades.  The shirt features four stripes on either side of the shirt, in yellow, white, red and blue, taking inspiration from the RAF Roundel.

Would have been much cooler if they'd worked the actual RAF roundel design into the shirt as we would all know for sure what it was trying to do.  I guess that wouldn't have been tolerated by some though which explains why they've gone for the more subtle reference.  As you say though, it just ends up being something that isn't particularly obvious what it's meant to be.

The goalie top is cool though!

image.thumb.jpeg.7eab735500e9804acb3941b04bb03631.jpeg

Fair one….so if it’s to commemorate links with the RAF it should be RAF Blue rather than Army green !! 🤣🤣

As a general kit though, it’s growing on me. 

Edited by Dorchester Saint
  • Haha 2

On 02/08/2022 at 22:24, Bad Wolf said:

I quite like the shirt in itself but seeing it paired with those shorts just takes it way down.

On 03/08/2022 at 08:03, Saint Billy said:

Blue and green should never be seen. 

58 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

It's nice in itself but the shirt doesn't go with the shorts IMO

Ignore the blue shorts Lyanco was wearing in his original pics. The actual 3rd kit shorts are consistent with the shirt...

I quite like this TBH. I won't be buying it anyway so I don't have to worry about what it looks like on me. 

I seem to be in a minority of people who actually like all of this season's kits. I don't understand how the biggest complaint about our home kit is that it is too white and not red enough, when seemingly everyone's favourite kit in recent years was the 2010-11 sash kit which had even less red on it. Weird.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I don't understand how the biggest complaint about our home kit is that it is too white and not red enough, when seemingly everyone's favourite kit in recent years was the 2010-11 sash kit which had even less red on it. Weird.

Yep, same thought occurred to me this morning

I love it, one of the best we’ve had in a long time imo. A Simple design. I usually buy a training shirt each season, just to lounge around in. 

I’ll probably get this one, this year. 

JD logo on the sleeve is dreadful though. 

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

The away kit I can tolerate, just because it’s different.

In terms of a trio of kits someone has signed off on these for the season. And I now hope they’re out of a job for next season 👍🏻

Definitely.

Should go back to a fans vote as we had under Rupert. We've got some mindless saps in our fan base would would want continual stripes, and yellow and blue away season after season, but it would at least spare us the shit they've served up this year.

My opinion for what it’s worth … 

Home… too white , surely a variation on stripes wasn’t too much to come up with? Even the plain white backs, why no stripe surely a black number wd of been ok over it?

Future reference …(Not a fan of the sash , a one off anniversary as we did was ok but just park the sash now in future )

Away…. Actually it’s ok, it’s bright and bespoke, away kits give u more flexibility to play around with colours  and the main thing is with football it has to be seen easily on the pitch, u wouldn’t want green…. Oh dear … 

Third…. Well TBF  it’s actually a nice kit, just think green is a difficult colour to get right if it’s too light , ours is dark so hopefully the players can pick eachother out !! 

Overall, really disappointed with the home, that’s our tradition there, RED AND WHITE , plenty of ways to do stripes rather than the traditional way but throw in traditional now and then. Shame. Roll on next year… maybe  put a few up, have a vote?