Saints Kits Season 2022/23

Master Bates

4 minutes ago, Nordic Saint said:

Yes, really. It's even got the amber trimming to represent Newport County's home colours. This was the Hummel PR blurb when it was first introduced: 

"The shirt - inspired by the River Usk which flows through the city - features light and dark shades of teal, while the Exiles' traditional home colours are also present. The panel graphic on the front of the shirt is developed directly from looking at the river and is representative of the ripples and eddies that appear as it flows."

The inspiration being similar doesn't make the design similar.

Newports utilses a design similar to camouflage patterning, but in teal. Ours is a design more similar to paisley but in teal.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Nordic Saint said:

Yes, really. It's even got the amber trimming to represent Newport County's home colours. This was the Hummel PR blurb when it was first introduced: 

"The shirt - inspired by the River Usk which flows through the city - features light and dark shades of teal, while the Exiles' traditional home colours are also present. The panel graphic on the front of the shirt is developed directly from looking at the river and is representative of the ripples and eddies that appear as it flows."

Anyone who's been to Newport will know that the River Usk is not, in any way imaginable, teal in nature. 

It's more a boggy pastel grey type colour.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nordic Saint said:

I really dont know or care about the blurb bit, that's just required fluff nowadays 

But the kits are simiar in inspiration and colour pallet, but not very similar. The pattern on the front, which is the most distinct element, differ greatly. Ours is a inspired by Japanese wave paintings and Polynesian art, Newports is more camouflage or like that oil on water art we did at school. For it to be very similar, it would have to have been templated from Newports for me. However I can see how we differ on it. 

Edited by Fan The Flames
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

I really dont know or care about the blurb bit, that's just required fluff nowadays 

But the kits are simiar in inspiration and colour pallet, but not very similar. The pattern on the front, which is the most distinct element, differ greatly. Ours is a inspired by Japanese wave paintings and Polynesian art, Newports is more camouflage or like that oil on water art we did at school. For it to be very similar, it would have to have been templated from Newports for me. However I can see how we differ on it. 

So the kits have enough similarities to be called similar? That’ll do for me. 😉

• Like 1

Managed to get a sneak peak of the 3rd kit this morning, I won’t give too much away but imo it’s one of the best we’ve had in recent memory. 

Not sure when it’s going to be announced but I think they have it, so would assume it will be soon. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dman said:

Managed to get a sneak peak of the 3rd kit this morning, I won’t give too much away but imo it’s one of the best we’ve had in recent memory. 

Not sure when it’s going to be announced but I think they have it, so would assume it will be soon. 

Not that green/brown monstrosity then?

4 minutes ago, Dman said:

If I was head of PR at Hummel I'd be praying for an absolute stonker to avoid a remarkable hat trick! 

At present I am anticipating a shocking pink number superimposed with Easter Island style heads of the Ted Bates prototype statue.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Miltonaggro said:

If I was head of PR at Hummel I'd be praying for an absolute stonker to avoid a remarkable hat trick! 

At present I am anticipating a shocking pink number superimposed with Easter Island style heads of the Ted Bates prototype statue.  

Apparently a spitfire is also on it.

On 01/07/2022 at 19:23, Holmes_and_Watson said:

From the super Kitclassics....

southampton.png

Personal favourites are... 1980-85 away, 1980-84 home, 1987-89 home, 1885-87 home, 2018-2020 3rd, 2013-14 home.

When I'm not keen on one of the non stripe ones, stripes would do fine, even though they aren't among my favourites.

As 87-89 has similarities to the 1894-96 kit, I'd like to see what Hummel could do with our 1891-94 shirt.

I'm hoping there's a little of the 1980-85 away in this season's away kit.

You almost got your wish - colour tone/wise anyway. They could have done a reverse of that era like the home kit - light blue kit, dark blue middle band.

Anyway, best of luck to the artist in updating for this year’s away kit…

2 hours ago, Dman said:

Why do they need one? (rhetorical). 

41 minutes ago, SW11_Saint said:

You almost got your wish - colour tone/wise anyway. They could have done a reverse of that era like the home kit - light blue kit, dark blue middle band.

Did we really produce our own kit for 9 years?? My mind must be playing tricks on me

1 hour ago, SW11_Saint said:

Yeah, they couldn't go wrong for me with those colours. The Aquaman homage was an added bonus.🙂

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Turkish said:

As the kit is now in store assume it's available to buy and order? I preordered the new shirt (not for me i hasten to add) but have heard nothing since. Anyone know when they start shipping them out?

Away shirt is available now, home shirt end of the month.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Turkish said:

As the kit is now in store assume it's available to buy and order? I preordered the new shirt (not for me i hasten to add) but have heard nothing since. Anyone know when they start shipping them out?

A likely tale 🙄

A summer of strolling around the north of England unchallenged with your aqua wave t-shirt on, no doubt.

14 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

A likely tale 🙄

A summer of strolling around the north of England unchallenged with your aqua wave t-shirt on, no doubt.

Hopefully will be here in time for my holiday. Got some new reebok classics coming in time for this years week in Benidorm 

• Haha 1

On 29/06/2022 at 12:55, jawillwill said:

Just seen on the OS that as part of the kit launch  in a "Premier League football club first" there will be an exclusive one-off auction for an Non-fungible ticket (NFT), whatever the fuck that means.

Either way, bet Everton fans are fuming that we've beaten them to this accolade

On a fairly unrelated note, I was reading earlier that Crawley Town's new owners are into Crypto stuff and are raising money via NFTs. I don't claim to understand this stuff  but interesting none the less. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/19147496/crawley-town-raise-money-nft-launch/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballfacebook090722&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1657400095

On 29/06/2022 at 12:55, jawillwill said:

Just seen on the OS that as part of the kit launch  in a "Premier League football club first" there will be an exclusive one-off auction for an Non-fungible ticket (NFT), whatever the fuck that means.

Either way, bet Everton fans are fuming that we've beaten them to this accolade

Weird thing to claim as it's not even true, Liverpool have auctioned off player NFTs. 

The whole things a scam for idiots. 

9 hours ago, Uncle Albert said:

After seeing it in the preseason games the away kit is growing on me more and more. I think the biggest problem is the home kit, just looks cheap and a bit under armour.

Underwhelming..............

26 minutes ago, darren2 said:

Will ee still sing "Come on you reds"? Looking at the match tonight we're very much more black and white than red and white.

we cant really sing come on you whites as they'll be all over us for racism.

I really liked the first kit in the release photos, but of course they were all taken from the front. Seeing players running around in it from all angles I've gone off it, just too much white.

On the other hand I thought the away  kit was the best I'd seen in a long long time, and seeing them play in that I like it even more.

Any guesses on the 3rd kit release date? If - do we know for sure? - it has a spitfire link I thought maybe July 10th being the date of the start of the Battle of Britain but that came and went and we're still none the wiser.

30 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Any guesses on the 3rd kit release date? If - do we know for sure? - it has a spitfire link I thought maybe July 10th being the date of the start of the Battle of Britain but that came and went and we're still none the wiser.

The spitfire first entered into service on 4th August 1938, so might coincide with that anniversary I guess?

Edited by trousers