Saints Kits Season 2022/23

Master Bates

1 hour ago, JRM said:

I read that Brentford have moved away from these annual kit changes and had gone back to a 2 year cycle, not sure of the full details but apparently other teams considering the same, would be a very positive move I think especially for those who buy them for their kids. Hard to justify £50 + but might consider it if its for two years. 

Yeah the 1 year cycle is ridiculous, especially at the moment. Seem to remember Everton starting the trend in this country? Could be wrong. 

49 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Wonder if we’re waiting for the end of pride month the release something extra special…..

You could be on to something here, 30 June is the anniversary of Lawrence v Texas (2003), and you’d hope the club media zeitgeist crew would be alive to this. 

5 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

You could be on to something here, 30 June is the anniversary of Lawrence v Texas (2003), and you’d hope the club media zeitgeist crew would be alive to this. 

It’s also the 20th anniversary of us beating Oxford United to scoop the Bill Halsey Memorial cup. I wonder if the club are planning something to celebrate? 

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

It’s also the 20th anniversary of us beating Oxford United to scoop the Bill Halsey Memorial cup. I wonder if the club are planning something to celebrate? 

If that was the penalty shoot out at the Kassam then I was there and no one can take that away from me.

Championes Championes ole ole ole

2 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

If that was the penalty shoot out at the Kassam then I was there and no one can take that away from me.

Championes Championes ole ole ole

That’s the one. A glorious day in our history. You can still buy programs from it

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/164738553076

Like a team that’s gonna win the bill hasley memorial cup we shall not be moved. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Simpler days, before Bill Halsey’s statue was torn down and ejaculated into the Thames from a punt. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Turkish said:

Would have thought a specially embroided retro shirt is the lease they can do. Mind you I'm still waiting for the club shop to stock a Daily Express 5a side retro shirt as well.

Perhaps we can add this to the repertoire of songs when playing mouthy Big 6 teams "Bill Halsey Memorial Cup.. you'll never win that..".

• Like 1

I reckon it will be released in July because Hummel alluded to it on twitter when asked by Everton fans about their kit release. We'd both be using the same supply chains I would have thought.

Edited by Disco Stu
  • Like 1

Can I be the first to moan? Ok not moan, it’s an alright kit but not ideal , too much white as already stated, had it have been  reversed then it would of looked even better. Marmite i guess for most people.  If as talked about clubs are going on a two year cycle then we have it for two seasons now! Anyhow that’s get on with having a better season than last and try and win something this year! COYS

• Like 1

I don't mind us moving away from the stripes every now and again. Stripes are part of our identity for sure but as long as it's not more than once every 4-5 years, I'm all for trying another design. I know we didn't have stripes the season before last but because it was an anniversary and a sash is still a kind of stripe, I'll include it.

Don't we usually announce the kits all together?

1 minute ago, JCBSaint said:

Can I be the first to moan? Ok not moan, it’s an alright kit but not ideal , too much white as already stated, had it have been  reversed then it would of looked even better. Marmite i guess for most people.  If as talked about clubs are going on a two year cycle then we have it for two seasons now! Anyhow that’s get on with having a better season than last and try and win something this year! COYS

Not sure about that, most comments on here and Facebook are of the "It's alright" verity.

Not a fan but I don’t get excited about kits (although my fave is still the 2010 sash kit) this kit reminds me of the 99/2000 Sports Apparel kit 

What concerns me more is seeing McCarthy I’m the goalkeepers kit, which in my mind says he is No1…

Encouraging to see JWP front & centre…although we know this doesn’t automatically mean he’s staying. 

Edited by Dorchester Saint