Pre Season 22/23

EBS1980

17 hours ago, Bailey said:

Although we've had a great start to the window, is anyone else looking at that squad list and thinking we're a little light on quality across the pitch!? S

Thats why we signed Aribo - he plays everwhere 😆

(but yes we need a bit more quality up top to make us really competitive).

10 minutes ago, washsaint said:

Wow, that team looks horrible and shows how light we are in all positions.

How does a starting XI in the 1st pre-season game show that? Especially as the team is a mix of first choice players and none first choice players... plus a few players are unavailable for selection.

Sure we lack numbers and quality upfront and in attacking midfield. But the squad and first XI isn't weak in some other areas. 

• Like 1

Romeo has looked solid at DM; happy to pick the ball up in relatively tight spaces, moves it on quickly and seems accurate with his passing. I’d like to see Aribo run with the ball a bit more and come deeper to pick it up but early days in a preseason friendly. Can’t expect too much! And a cracking save by our hopefully new number 1, already fills me with more confidence. Djenepo still looks poor to me but might be my bias against him now!

At half time…..

Bazunu looks good. Made a good save and looks very composed with the ball at his feet.

Ketchup looks like he’s learning to play in a 3, not much to do though had one poor underhit backpass. Bednarek caught napping after 1 minute and booked, otherwise ok. Salisu solid.

kWP, you know what you’ll get. Djnepo, lots of space and sight of the ball but overall his standard self. Similar with Elmo.

Lavia mostly tidy, seems to have a tendency to take risks with a flick or a bit of skill but I like the look of him.  Not impressed with Joe Aribo yet, doesn’t look sharp and really didn’t get into the game. As for Tella, still really not sure what he is, but it’s not  a striker.

• Like 3

Early signs from Bazunu look good. Impressive save early on and commanded his box well. Also looked composed on the ball when pressed.

Lavia looks a little raw but not scared to have the ball in dangerous areas and tenacious when looking to regain possession.

Aribo has been very quiet, not really noticed him much during that first half.

2 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Starting pre-season with a 3421/343 formation then it seems

Ll Cool J Interest GIF by CBS

Looks to me like we’re playing the same system as England in 2018 World Cup 

In possession 3central defenders with the options to split wide, 2 wing backs for width, one holding midfielder with 2 10s in front and then 2 up top in front of that (so 3-5-2 in a way)

then out of possession one of the forwards drops back as does a ten making more of a 5-4-1

Edited by Fabrice Fernandes no.1 fan
Correcting formation