Well, it definitely won't be Suella Braverman and the rebirth of the Conservative Party

CB Fry

Saints Web Tory Leadership Vote  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Saints Web Tory Leadership Vote

• Sunak
    • Mordaunt
    • Truss
    • Badenoch
    • Tugendhat
    • Braverman

22 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

You vote for an MP to be elected to parliament. If the circumstances around that change, then they have a by-election. You don’t vote for a prime minister, so legally speaking it’s up to the Tories to appoint whoever they like, as often as they like. Obviously that doesn’t go down well with voters, but legally I don’t think there’s anything which would trigger an election.

Currently, as far as I can work out there are 3 Legal options to force a GE;

1) A Vote of Confidence in the Government - not going to happen as Tory turkeys won't vote for Christmas.

2) A 2/3rds majority of the H of C vote for it under Parliamentary rules - again turkeys and Christmas.

3) The King decides to dissolve Parliament in the national interest. Technically possible, but almost certain to bring down the Monarchy.

The fat bullshitter has now drifted 3/1. Similar to Truss in that would be comedy value watching the useless cunts eat themselves but at least Sunak is an adult. 

As someone who worked in a pharmacy (so I heard) wonder what the thinks about the Health Sec dishing out prescription drugs to her mates?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I thought that was part of the fixed term Parliament act which has now been repealed. 

7 minutes ago, farawaysaint said:

You’re right, the PM has to request it now.

Looks like we have to pin our hopes on Chaz then.

1 hour ago, egg said:

Rishi's hat is formally in the ring. I truly hope the others step aside and leave to him. 

He’s the Sean Dyche option. Not exciting but what’s needed for 2 years before the Tories exit office. Nor is Starmer exciting but we’ve had enough drama over the last few years, I’d happily have a few years where businesses and households can plan for the future without ideological experiments that cost us as the electorate tens of thousands and create dubious influence for think tanks funded by funny money. Tories will still getting a thumping at the next GE but Rishi will mean they have a road back at least, even if it’s a long and winding one. Hague was right that Boris will kill them stone dead and Mordaunt is Truss just better presented and a bit more of a human being there. Whilst I can’t stand Frost, his description of Penny’s performance and lack of attention to detail during the Brexit negotiations added to what Platell and KCC have said is worrying. Already been there with Boris with his lack of focus and failed.

On the Kuennsberg show this morning you had IDS talking the usual nonsense about deregulation and productivity (Iain - try actually understanding books and theories, especially about how they work/don’t work in the real world, before spouting them parrot fashion like a sixth former of average intelligence before exams) and Mordaunt talking drivel about Truss’s ideas. IDS also irritatingly kept on about what was best for the party - um, you are in power you stupid prick..it’s about governing for all of the national interest!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, buctootim said:

That kind of acceptance of talking out of botrh sides of your mouth is what got us here in the first place. 

Mental.  The original claim was that Boris has stated he has the backing of 100 MPs. I've pointed out he hasn't actually said that and in response received some whataboutery that someone else has said that for him.

So, so many things that Boris HAS lied about without the need to make more up.

Well now we know Sunak will be PM. A PM who not even the tory members want to vote for, how is that a party united? Honestly for British politics, the tories need to call a general election and recreate the party (even start a new party thats actually right wing) and come back as opposition stronger.

7 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

So he couldn't reach 100 supporters, despite what he claims.

Hopefully JRM is now consigned to the back benches until he loses his seat at the next GE.

Telegraph just tweeted Zahawi article backing him. He is now top of list of loathsome bastard. Spare a thought for Dorries tonight.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, whelk said:

Telegraph just tweeted Zahawi article backing him. He is now top of list of loathsome bastard. Spare a thought for Dorries tonight.

The very same Nadhim Zahawi who stabbed Boris in the chest hours after being appointed chancellor in July and has now flipped again and declared his support for Sunak. 

He's got the integrity of a snake with an uncontrollable crack habit.

• Like 3

Just now, Sheaf Saint said:

The very same Nadhim Zahawi who stabbed Boris in the chest hours after being appointed chancellor in July and has now flipped again and declared his support for Sunak. 

Snake Zahawi supports snake Sunak. No suprise

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

• Haha 2

Musical chairs at the tory party of bullshitters, a new cabinet...jobs for my mates...

Do people seriously expect it to be any better than it was with the fat liar or the clueless blonde  ?

My expectation is that it will be the same old shit dressed up to be different

A General Election is very much needed

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tdmickey3 said:

Musical chairs at the tory party of bullshitters, a new cabinet...jobs for my mates...

Do people seriously expect it to be any better than it was with the fat liar or the clueless blonde  ?

My expectation is that it will be the same old shit dressed up to be different

A General Election is very much needed

Yep.  But that's based on the presumption that it can't get worse...

As for 'jobs for my mates', not sure why that's a surprise.  It's certainly not a tory party exclusive!

7 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

As for 'jobs for my mates', not sure why that's a surprise.  It's certainly not a tory party exclusive!

Who knows how it will go but i not holding out hope for improvement with this shower

Its not a surprise but it should be those best suited to the role not just those that supported you...

Rees Mogg has stepped down, which is good news though

Edited by tdmickey3
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Tbh "jobs for the mates" was one of the biggest mistakes Truss made. In politics you should give your biggest threats big jobs in cabinet, if only to keep them and their supporters in line.  Blair did this with Brown, and if he hadn't he almost certainly wouldn't have been pm as long as he was

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Barsiem said:

Tbh "jobs for the mates" was one of the biggest mistakes Truss made. In politics you should give your biggest threats big jobs in cabinet, if only to keep them and their supporters in line.  Blair did this with Brown, and if he hadn't he almost certainly wouldn't have been pm as long as he was

Blair and Brown had an agreement regarding when Blair would step aside for Brown to become leader- Blair didn't stick to it.

3 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Blair and Brown had an agreement regarding when Blair would step aside for Brown to become leader- Blair didn't stick to it.

I'm aware.  My point is that he kept him close in government to avoid mutiny within Labour ranks.  Brown on the backbenches would have been a major headache for him