Well, it definitely won't be Suella Braverman and the rebirth of the Conservative Party

CB Fry

Saints Web Tory Leadership Vote  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Saints Web Tory Leadership Vote

• Sunak
    • Mordaunt
    • Truss
    • Badenoch
    • Tugendhat
    • Braverman

12 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Apparently Johnson is going to be a candidate again. Usually when people say “we’re going to be a laughing stock” about something I think “nah no one really cares” . This time it’s different 

The unity candidate who had 45 or so resignations. “They’ll never remember”

Listening to the LBC phone ins today it was staggering how many people would have Johnson back. It would appear to give lie to the notion that turkeys don’t vote for Christmas!  If Boris Johnson is the answer what on earth is the question? It appears that some Tories think that he is the only person who can win them the next election. Dear God.

• Like 2

I find it absolutely mental that anybody is talking seriously about Johnson returning. He was forced to resign in disgrace because he was so fucking corrupt and incompetent. 

How could these fuckers even dare to suggest he could stand again and potentially win? What do they think will happen? This is a man who was so totally deluded that he genuinely thinks he did a brilliant job and couldn't bring himself at any point to apologise for his actions. The notion that this colossal prick has learned his lessons and definitely won't make the same mistakes a second time round is beyond laughable.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I find it absolutely mental that anybody is talking seriously about Johnson returning. He was forced to resign in disgrace because he was so fucking corrupt and incompetent. 

How could these fuckers even dare to suggest he could stand again and potentially win? What do they think will happen? This is a man who was so totally deluded that he genuinely thinks he did a brilliant job and couldn't bring himself at any point to apologise for his actions. The notion that this colossal prick has learned his lessons and definitely won't make the same mistakes a second time round is beyond laughable.

He had some cake lol

On that note, when Labour win, I assume Thornbrolly will be nowhere near the cabinet, given her recent admission of law breaking

• Confused 3

What is truly sickening is that Truss will get £115,000 a year for the rest of her life for her, very short, stint as PM. Given the time out for the Queens death she actually was in “office” for just 12 days. Nice work if you can get it. 

As for Johnson just being sacked over having a piece of cake,  it is no wonder this country is in such a state when people who believe and spout this nonsense have the vote. 

• Like 4

Saying Johnson just had a piece of cake is like saying Jimmy Saville was a bit touchy feely. No surprise our resident fuck-wit came out with it.

I actually think the best thing for Labour would be to let this shit show carry on for two more years. Things are going to get a lot worse and whoever is in power will have to make some really difficult unpopular decisions. At least whoever gets in power in 2024 might have a chance of things turning around before 2029. Get into office now and they will just have a tidal wave of shit to deal with, Brexit hasn't even been properly sorted out yet.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

He had some cake lol

On that note, when Labour win, I assume Thornbrolly will be nowhere near the cabinet, given her recent admission of law breaking

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

Twat.

If you think Boris was forced to resign over a piece of cake you are deluded and ignorant.

This. 👍🏻👍🏻

Add thick as shit to the list.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Saying Johnson just had a piece of cake is like saying Jimmy Saville was a bit touchy feely. No surprise our resident fuck-wit came out with it.

I actually think the best thing for Labour would be to let this shit show carry on for two more years. Things are going to get a lot worse and whoever is in power will have to make some really difficult unpopular decisions. At least whoever gets in power in 2024 might have a chance of things turning around before 2029. Get into office now and they will just have a tidal wave of shit to deal with, Brexit hasn't even been properly sorted out yet.

Err, you didn’t 

Decent article this https://www.standard.co.uk/business/liz-truss-prime-minister-downing-street-jeremy-hunt-economic-growth-b1034145.html

Focus does need to be on boosting productivity to boost growth (long term UK issue) and you don’t do that by salami slicing on infrastructure, energy budget/renewables R&D and the science budget as Hunt may be tempted to do. Tax reform has been needed for a while and cracking down on non Dom status which would bring in £3bn pa. 

With a 19% trade deficit with the EU, obvious that the single market needs to be rejoined for a further boost to businesses, especially those with export experience or aspirations. That’s why Boris can’t be allowed to return as the one positive of Truss is that she was more sensible about the NI protocol and immigration, which means Braverman also has to be kept out of the cabinet as well as her and Truss apparently fell out massively on this issue. Immigration limits failed under May as well - I don’t care if the Tory right and the bloke down the JDW drinking Ruddles County at 11am who reads the Express every day are angry about it. Economic growth and repairing global reputation are the priority. 

Socially, migration will also help build new houses quicker - if you’ve tried recently you’ll know it can take up to 12 months in some areas from deposit and exchange to build finish partly because of Ukraine and materials but largely labour shortages because of village idiot ideologies. NHS waiting lists would also come down if we fill some of the 100k plus clinical staffing gaps with winter pressures coming up.

Edited by saint1977
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

Boris Johnson now 5/2 second favourite with the bookies to be next leader.

Surely they couldn't  .... could they????

He wants to reclaim his title of Worst Ever PM. Probably thought the honour was his for decades. Didn’t account for the mighty Truss. So now he’s back to fuck up even more. Gawd help us

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Nadine Dorries is fawning over him on social media.

Although her posts have gone from what appeared as her classic “drunk” posts, to full blown lust for Boris. 🤡

Just to remind her

Every time I see Nadine's Twitter accout I am in disbelief that it's not a spoof. Proper mad.

• Like 1

Boris certainly has the support of enough MP's privately, but his popularity among the public and a sizeable percentage of other Conservative MPs is incredibly low. I would fully expect to see a handful, maybe as many as 10 MPs, decide to refuse the whip and sit as independents should he win. This wouldn't be enough to force a General Election but would make it more difficult to govern, particularly if Boris begins to act as we know he would do.

The problem for Boris is that he will almost certainly be found guilty of misleading Parliament within two months of him becoming PM again and then we would be back to square one.

I think Mordaunt will end up with the job as she is probably the only one who can, in the short term, bring the different factions together. Rishi will probably end up as Foreign Sec. Hunt would remain as Chancellor and she will have a crack at getting the Government to the Coronation unscathed.

Finally, when we have a General Election and following the eventual destruction of the Conservative Party, Braverman will probably seize the reins of the Right Wing rump that is left (provided she hasn't lost her seat).

Edited by edprice1984
Spelling correction - thanks Badger

30 minutes ago, edprice1984 said:

Finally, when we have a General Election and following the eventual destruction of the Conservative Party, Braverman will probably seize the reigns of the Right Wing rump that is left (provided she hasn't lost her seat).

Not getting at you specifically Ed, but this is definitely one for the "Small Things That Annoy You" thread, and it can be seen so many times. Unless you are usurping the crown you seize the reins.

38 minutes ago, edprice1984 said:

Boris certainly has the support of enough MP's privately, but his popularity among the public and a sizeable percentage of other Conservative MPs is incredibly low. I would fully expect to see a handful, maybe as many as 10 MPs, decide to refuse the whip and sit as independents should he win. This wouldn't be enough to force a General Election but would make it more difficult to govern, particularly if Boris begins to act as we know he would do.

The problem for Boris is that he will almost certainly be found guilty of misleading Parliament within two months of him becoming PM again and then we would be back to square one.

I think Mordaunt will end up with the job as she is probably the only one who can, in the short term, bring the different factions together. Rishi will probably end up as Foreign Sec. Hunt would remain as Chancellor and she will have a crack at getting the Government to the Coronation unscathed.

Finally, when we have a General Election and following the eventual destruction of the Conservative Party, Braverman will probably seize the reigns of the Right Wing rump that is left (provided she hasn't lost her seat).

If the Tories lose Fareham there won't be anything of the party left to seize!