Well, it definitely won't be Suella Braverman and the rebirth of the Conservative Party

CB Fry

Saints Web Tory Leadership Vote  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Saints Web Tory Leadership Vote

• Sunak
    • Mordaunt
    • Truss
    • Badenoch
    • Tugendhat
    • Braverman

55 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Yvette Cooper has just skewered Leaky Sue big time in the Commons.

I just caught part of Braverman's response where she went through some points, highlighted inaccuracies and told them to get their facts right. She came across as calm and sure of herself, figures against lots of jeering. The speaker had to point out that she knew who the naughty Labour children were, and it would be a while before they'd be getting to ask a question. She was answering specific questions on immigration, so after the Cooper bit perhaps.

Sue Ellen failed to address most points and made up shit to cover others.

It was a very unpleasant speech, clearly aimed at harvesting the support of easily-led racists who need someone to blame for everything.

She's a dangerous and incompetent woman using the type of hate that her parents had to endure, to forward her career.

They must be ashamed, along with most residents of Fareham.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

I just caught part of Braverman's response where she went through some points, highlighted inaccuracies and told them to get their facts right. She came across as calm and sure of herself, figures against lots of jeering. The speaker had to point out that she knew who the naughty Labour children were, and it would be a while before they'd be getting to ask a question. She was answering specific questions on immigration, so after the Cooper bit perhaps.

I'd love to read your reviews of various Hitler speeches in the 30s.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, buctootim said:

It's going to be a lot less popular with Hancock in it

You reckon? ITV will make a fortune from people voting for him to hit kangaroos bollocks. Probably the most unpopular MP for a generation on a TV show where the public can vote to see them humiliated. I might even watch it this time round

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

You reckon? ITV will make a fortune from people voting for him to hit kangaroos bollocks. Probably the most unpopular MP for a generation on a TV show where the public can vote to see them humiliated. I might even watch it this time round

Ha fair point

Gavin Williamson has actually gone up in my estimation since it emerged that he can operate a phone.

I thought he was a pathetic and gutless over-promoted excuse of a failure - but it turns out that he's actually a bitter and poisonous waste of skin. 

Edited by rallyboy
  • Like 3

Resigned from minister without portfolio. What do you do if you weren't doing anything and resign from doing that to do ... something less?

Think this 3rd departure is his first resignation, the other two departures were firings. Hope he isn't collecting payoffs like Mourinho.

You just can't bury some bartstewards. Perhaps a stake through the heart next time

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dragon_man said:

Resigned from minister without portfolio. What do you do if you weren't doing anything and resign from doing that to do ... something less?

Think this 3rd departure is his first resignation, the other two departures were firings. Hope he isn't collecting payoffs like Mourinho.

You just can't bury some bartstewards. Perhaps a stake through the heart next time

• Sad 1

For your appointment to have to resign after a year makes them look incompetent.

For that to happen after a fortnight makes YOU look incompetent.

This new era looks in reality like a tired old May/Johnson/Truss continuity ticket - same old scandals, same old shit.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I do like this Tory MP showing just how incompetent Braverman is -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpZAS0yqkJM

Whilst also highlighting the issue with asylum seeking in this country, we wouldn't have anywhere near as big an issue with boats crossing the channel if there were safe available routes through normal ports of entry. (outside a few specific and limited schemes like the one for Ukrainians)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tajjuk said:

I do like this Tory MP showing just how incompetent Braverman is -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpZAS0yqkJM

Whilst also highlighting the issue with asylum seeking in this country, we wouldn't have anywhere near as big an issue with boats crossing the channel if there were safe available routes through normal ports of entry. (outside a few specific and limited schemes like the one for Ukrainians)

Longer version of the committee showing up just how out of her depth she is.......

• Like 2

I guess that says it all. A Home Secretary who is clueless about “legal” routes and ways for people to apply for asylum here. And she has the brass neck for laying the blame for channel crossings at the feet of the migrants. Can you imagine being so ill informed and incompetent and keeping your own job? She has one sole purpose and that is to make it as difficult as possible for people to apply for asylum in this country but it is a strategy which is failing miserably.

• Like 2

Well we already knew how incompetent she was, I mean she is the Home Secretary, the key lead for the safety and security of the UK who directly liaises with the security services on matters of national security yet she was sharing sensitive material via personal e-mail and couldn't even do that sending it to the wrong person.,

It is good we get to see these select committees though, they are much better than the 'theatre' of the House of Commons with all its jeering and shouting, where you can't even call a liar a liar (not to mention how awful the speaker is at the moment as well). In these committees government ministers face a direct questioning by very knowledgeable people and it just exposes their ignorance and incompetence. 

Let's not forget as well the Tories are trying to gut the civil service, the people who actually have the skills and knowledge to run these departments. 

Edited by tajjuk
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

I guess that says it all. A Home Secretary who is clueless about “legal” routes and ways for people to apply for asylum here. And she has the brass neck for laying the blame for channel crossings at the feet of the migrants. Can you imagine being so ill informed and incompetent and keeping your own job? She has one sole purpose and that is to make it as difficult as possible for people to apply for asylum in this country but it is a strategy which is failing miserably.

Yeah, too right.  Damn her for blaming those illegal immigrants from crossing the channel illegally and putting themselves and their families in danger.  Who the fuck does she think she is?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Yeah, too right.  Damn her for blaming those illegal immigrants from crossing the channel illegally and putting themselves and their families in danger.  Who the fuck does she think she is?

lol you cant cross the channel 'illegally', it's just a stretch of water.  Also refugees and asylum seekers are exempt from immigration laws as per the 1951 Refugee Convention of which we are a signatory. 

This whole use of the word 'illegal' is just nonsense, it's just part of the language used to dehumanise these people. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

lol you cant cross the channel 'illegally', it's just a stretch of water.  Also refugees and asylum seekers are exempt from immigration laws as per the 1951 Refugee Convention of which we are a signatory. 

This whole use of the word 'illegal' is just nonsense, it's just part of the language used to dehumanise these people. 

Do you think there should be a limit on the number of economic migrants we let stay in this country, or can everyone who wants to be allowed to settle here? 

51 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

By law you need a valid passport to cross from France to England. If you don't have one you are crossing illegally. Ergo, you can cross the channel illegally. Wasn't a tough one was it?

On 24/11/2022 at 20:06, ecuk268 said:

Immigration is now at a record level.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/nov/24/uk-net-migration-figures-record-ons

This doesn't include the boat people.

Some abnormal spikes in the data though - but a nice distraction for them from Suella’s woes in Kent. They can’t even define what a low quality course is.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63757889

Are they going to impose this on say Northumbria, winner last week of Times University of the year, a rising research force and right in the epicentre of a levelling up region? Or Portsmouth where there are two potential swing seats and where the Portsea economy relies on it?

Edited by saint1977

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63754212

"Rishi Sunak has been criticised for re-appointing Dominic Johnson as a trade minister 26 days after he was sacked.

The Conservative donor and ex-business partner of MP Jacob Rees-Mogg was given a lifetime peerage so he could serve in Liz Truss's government, but was later dismissed by Mr Sunak."

This is the man who last week said the Government ".......should be more honest with farmers about how trade deals could harm their businesses. He argued ministers should instead explain how agricultural businesses will be helped to transition their buildings into “offices or whatever it is.”"

Edited by badgerx16

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

The Government that claims the UK as being a leading light in fighting climate change has just approved a new coal mine.

In the short/medium term, maybe it's 'greener' to locally source the coal we use for steel making rather than ship it in from afar?*

(*Caveat - I know nothing about the coal and steel industries so this hypothesis could be a load of old bunkum)

4 minutes ago, trousers said:

In the short/medium term, maybe it's 'greener' to locally source the coal we use for steel making rather than ship it in from afar?*

(*Caveat - I know nothing about the coal and steel industries so this hypothesis could be a load of old bunkum)

Almost all of the coal coming from the new mine is intended for export.

Plus;

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/may/01/steel-boss-dismisses-claim-that-sector-needs-new-cumbrian-coalmine

2 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

The Government that claims the UK as being a leading light in fighting climate change has just approved a new coal mine.

All while making it unlawful to buy coal in sealed bags, but encouraging us to buy coal briquettes often made in Poland using their coal, and manufactured with energy from their coal fired power stations, then transported here on diesel powered lorries. So green. 

I had a long chat with a member of the RMT yesterday. He said the issue is all about health and safety now. They are happy with 5% but the Government want to see huge cuts in the engineering staff which will leave the railway system less safe. Throw in removing guards from the carriages and there are further issues over safety on the railways.