Well, it definitely won't be Suella Braverman and the rebirth of the Conservative Party

CB Fry

Saints Web Tory Leadership Vote  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Saints Web Tory Leadership Vote

• Sunak
    • Mordaunt
    • Truss
    • Badenoch
    • Tugendhat
    • Braverman

2 hours ago, Barsiem said:

I'm aware.  My point is that he kept him close in government to avoid mutiny within Labour ranks.  Brown on the backbenches would have been a major headache for him

They were very much on same page on what they wanted to reform and both heavyweights so not really a keep enemy close thing. Obviously degraded over time to animosity.

1 hour ago, revolution saint said:

Hope he gets rid of James Cleverly - really don't like him.  

I hope it isn’t a subliminal race issue with me but Braverman, Patel, Kwarteng, Zahawi and Cleverly all seem dreadful politicians. Party of diversity but also full of a load of cunts

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, whelk said:

They were very much on same page on what they wanted to reform and both heavyweights so not really a keep enemy close thing. Obviously degraded over time to animosity.

I didn’t say enemy, I said threat.  All through Blair’s reign there were a substantial number of labour MPs and supporters who would have rathered Brown was in charge

and now I’ve used all my posts for the day talking about politics 😂

34 minutes ago, Barsiem said:

I didn’t say enemy, I said threat.  All through Blair’s reign there were a substantial number of labour MPs and supporters who would have rathered Brown was in charge

and now I’ve used all my posts for the day talking about politics 😂

Don't worry, many of us are subscribed members and waste far more posts on worse rubbish.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Haha 2

Same old names in the same old jobs. Highlights their complete lack of strength in depth. This lot are no Man City are they! 

As for Education, what a disgrace. If you have children in the state system, they really don’t care about them. 

• Like 3

Sunak's fresh approach using the best talent lasted ten fucking minutes.

Oliver Dowden? Braverman, Zahawi??

That's like a new manager coming in, starting with Walcott and trying to re-sign Shane Long.

We only need Chris Grayling and we're right back in the dark ages.

Employing the same old divisive figures who defended Partygate etc etc, and who have already failed in two/three cabinets is no way to satisfy the electorate, or to solve problems.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

That's like a new manager coming in, starting with Walcott and trying to re-sign Shane Long.

Employing the same old divisive figures who defended Partygate etc etc, and who have already failed in two/three cabinets is no way to satisfy the electorate, or to solve problems.

Maybe they're really the best talent but have been stifled by the manager?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

48 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Maybe they're really the best talent but have been stifled by the manager?

If this is the limit of Ministerial standard Tory MPs it doesn't really say much for the rest.

However, given that the "Payroll Vote" of Cabinet Ministers, Junior Ministers, Whips, and other Officers is actually capped at 109, there is plenty of room at the trough.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, whelk said:

I hope it isn’t a subliminal race issue with me but Braverman, Patel, Kwarteng, Zahawi and Cleverly all seem dreadful politicians. Party of diversity but also full of a load of cunts

Never really thought about it but to avoid being racist you probably need to find enough white cunts within the Tory party to balance it out.  I've worked it out at roughly 3.5 white cunts for every ethnically diverse one.  If you can find 18 (rounding up) then you're probably fine.

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

I don't like any of them.

Well done.  Not racist.

13 hours ago, tdmickey3 said:

Bravermann is back in the job she was sacked/had to leave

What a joke this lot are

Absolutely no shame these wankers

They are nearly all wankers but Suella is at the pinnacle of their shittiness. Repeated a load of unsubstantiated crap she’d clearly heard from a drunk Tory MP on the UKIP wing in a lobby about illegal family members joining people coming here to study at top universities at the conference, nearly crashing the FTA with Modi who found it very offensive apparently. That tofu speech as well - I used to hear more coherent and sensible rants in the London Arms in Woolston when it still traded from the skinheads in there. 

Well, ‘Rishi will be different’ lasted a day then - Dowden, Donelan (same loony culture war stable as Braverman and Badenoch), Raab C Nesbitt. Same old Brexit views which is the only reason 99% of them are there because they are morons one and all. 

Edited by saint1977
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, tdmickey3 said:

Bravermann is back in the job she was sacked/had to leave

What a joke this lot are

Absolutely no shame these wankers

On the contrary, I applaud Rishi's courage to re-appoint Braverman. She'll be strong on immigration as she needs to be. Anyone who says Guardian-reading tofu-eating wokerati is a good one in my books!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Of all the errors that Truss made, appointing JRM as Business Secretary must be one of the worst. At least both of the twats have gone now.

How in earth do you decide that a man who writes a resignation letter in long hand dated St Crispin's Day, is a climate change sceptic and doesn't use the metric system is the best man for business in 21st century Britain? Goodbye. You won't be missed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tamesaint said:

Of all the errors that Truss made, appointing JRM as Business Secretary must be one of the worst. At least both of the twats have gone now.

How in earth do you decide that a man who writes a resignation letter in long hand dated St Crispin's Day, is a climate change sceptic and doesn't use the metric system is the best man for business in 21st century Britain? Goodbye. You won't be missed.

Every decision she took was calamitous. Only one that made sense was the NI reversal but that was just undoing their own work. Probably cost a few quid to administer both ways but doubt we will ever get to see the numbers.

only heard a bit of her final speech just now. Summed her up nicely, stilted and arrogant to the last. Let’s hope she never returns but no doubt will get that annoying undeserved label by media of ‘big beast’

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Singapore Saint said:

On the contrary, I applaud Rishi's courage to re-appoint Braverman. She'll be strong on immigration as she needs to be. Anyone who says Guardian-reading tofu-eating wokerati is a good one in my books!

As you live in Singapore, you aren’t affected by NHS clinical and allied vacancies of over 100k, don’t have to heat your house, buy a new build house in the UK (12 months wait after exchange and deposit) or even use a private dentist (not just NHS dentists - the few that exist effected by immigration limits). The hardest possible Brexit has fucked our economy, exports to the EU 19% down, UK economic forecast poor and arbitrary net migration targets by racist, obsessive politicians and tabloid editors makes it all the worse for the economy and public services. As for the speech, when she comes out with something educated, sensible, informed and suitable for an adult I’ll listen, otherwise I’ll assume she’s talking out of her arse to appeal to the Tory far right who despite what the tabloids say will never be their darling. If you are going to comment on the matters of another country other than yours, please do so with a bit of common sense and empathy for the citizens living there because this isn’t fun at the moment. If Hands is right we could end up bailed out by the IMF. I don’t think the Tories can swallow their pride to rejoin the SM and Starmer has ruled it out as well.

Edited by saint1977
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, saint1977 said:

Well, ‘Rishi will be different’ lasted a day then

A day? More like about 90 mins.....

Don't forget Gavin Williamson, who is somehow a 'Sir' twice sacked minister who was completely incompetent as Education Secretary and oversaw the exams fiasco.

A cabinet full of awful people because he had to do dumb deals to make sure the vote never got to the loony members who would have chosen anyone but him. 

He is also going to bowdown to the ERG, with Steve Baker basically saying he'd bring down the government if they didn't force through the NI protocol change, even though its breaking international law and NI is literally the best performing part of the UK economically because of it. 

• Like 3

Boris had the most corrupt cabinet in history, Truss had the least-talented, Rishi has raided both and scraped the barrels to create some sort of dark reunion of losers. 

Take Williamson - his CV reads like a fucking insurance claim - he and Braverman are fighting over the title of head clown in a sorry circus of failure.

We're up Shit Creek, without a canoe.

• Like 3

Rishi has put one in his own net already with the re-appointment of Braverman as Home Sec. Jake Berry revealed to a clearly stunned Piers Morgan that she made multiple major security breaches and that Simon Case took them to her to challenge her on them (and they must have been serious if he had to take them to Truss/or Suella tried to bluster her way out of them). That means she’s clearly lied about owning up to them in her resignation statement and Berry was clear that Simon Case was of the view that she was too risky to reappoint at this stage. So if he’s correct then Rishi ignored the advice and also potentially misled the House. Wow. All the major media outlets have the story plus the opposition.

Hopefully that’s the probably most toxic UK government minister in history (long term allegations about her CV and the truth as well) gone for good and any grubby little deals to stop Boris running with the ERG exposed. 

Edit - Times and Mail now leading with it and she basically is being performance managed by MI5 on basic information security that we all do in our daily work with GDPR, and she is handling issues of national security and OBR data which puts us all at risk. Which have been going all over the show leading to the commonly known Whitehall nickname of Leaky Sue (trending as a hashtag). Didn’t appear at the HoC yesterday and we know what that means (hopefully).

Edited by saint1977

26 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

The right wing are pulling the levers in the tory party, and doing real damage. Where is the 'loony left' equivalent media outrage. The hard right nutters are given the space to wreck havoc without any scrutiny.

Other than the Mirror and the Morning Star, most of them are sycophantically flag waving and singing Rule Brittania whilst the Ship of State submerges. The only other significant outlet is the Star, which just pokes fun at everybody.

Of the major broadcast media, SKY goes where it's ownership demands, the BBC is hamstrung by paranoia over "impartiality", and who watches much of ITN anyway ?

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

The right wing are pulling the levers in the tory party, and doing real damage. Where is the 'loony left' equivalent media outrage. The hard right nutters are given the space to wreck havoc without any scrutiny.

Because they get called the 'loony left'. 

Most of our papers are right wing anyway because they are owned by rich individuals so will of course push an agenda that favours them. 

The TV media most of them fall over themselves to be 'neutral' that they allow complete nonsense to be spouted by government ministers and right wing commentators and barely ever challenge it.

The BBC has been infiltrated by right wing former government people, and if it does a tiny criticism it gets attacked by Tories as being anti-government. Look at the dumb reactions to Gary Lineker from the right, he tweeted the other day that Tory MPs shouldn't have voted to allow the Water Companies to pump raw sewage into our rivers. Seems a fairly no-brainer opinion that and hardly controversial, didn't stop a Tory MP questioning the head of the BBC about it and basically saying Gary Lineker shouldn't be allowed to have any opinion on the government because he is a BBC employee. The Tories are constantly threatening the licence fee, with the purpose very clear, they want to keep the BBC in line and passive. 

You also saw the absurd reaction to Joe Lycett being sarcastic about Lizz Truss (and of course being correct), again the Tories don't want the BBC or anyone on the BBC to be allowed to have an opinion that criticises them. 

Channel 4 is also the same, public owned, keeps getting threatened to be sold. Again to keep it in line. I mean Guru-Murphy called Steve Baker a c*nt when he thought he was off air, Steve Baker is a c*nt, he's one of worst Tory politicians around and has ruined the party and the country through the ERG. But you had Tory MPs calling for him to be sacked because he expressed an opinion. 

The only real places I have seen real government pushback is GMB seems to do it a lot and James O'Brien on LBC. But even on LBC most of the presenters like Iain Dale and Nick Ferrari have been government apologists for years. Then the papers you get the Guardian and the Mirror, maybe the Independent but then that is owned by Lebedev. The Guardian basically gets dismissed anyway as a 'loony left'. 

So most of the mainstream media is either right wing or falls over itself to be 'neutral' that it might as well be right wing, and the public owned stuff constantly gets threatened with extinction to tow the tory line. 

That is why the Tories hate twitter so much, because people like Lineker have a following and can express an opinion that they have no control over. 

We have this weird situation where most of our media is neutral or to the right, yet we have multiple left or centre-left political parties, add that together with rigged FPP election system and we have a population bombarded with right leaning media who then have one right wing party to vote for, whilst the left vote gets slit between multiple parties and has little media support or coverage. Hence why we end up with so many Tory governments despite them never doing stuff that helps the masses or having popular policies. 

• Like 8

The incompetence and unsuitability of this shower currently masquerading as our government continues to be demonstrated with the revelations on their attitude to security.  Truss and Braverman have both identified as having compromised security, I won’t  be surprised if others have as well.  If a civil servant or member of the armed forces had done this they would be severely disciplined.  Following the rules and protocols should be the minimum we expect of our Government Ministers, they truly are unfit for public office.

• Like 3

Braverman has more loyality to her right wing mates then she does to the party and the country is way down the list. Why TF is she sending stuff to an MPs wife.

The tory line that she said sorry so everything is alright and that we should just move on is a joke. I hope this blows up like the Patterson thing.

• Like 2

One of the very first things Rishi did after taking office was to stand up in the HoC and claim that Braverman reported the 'error' immediately. Some details already emerging which suggest this wasn't the case, and that she didn't actually report it at all because it was the receiving MPs office that notified the cabinet office, not hers.

Less than a week into the job and the new PM could be facing an inquiry as to whether or not he mislead the house. Dear oh fucking dear. What a shitshow.

• Like 2

Westminster bubble blah blah blah. The plebs (sorry public) are more interested in how they will pay their bill and how many Albanians we can harpoon crossing the Channel. Only media interested, she has apologised. 
Everyone can see it was not an appointment on talent and integrity appointing leaky Sue.

More important Truss has a chilled (must be overnight) Sauvignon Blanc and photo ops than a secure mobile phone. 

Edited by whelk

2 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

Why TF is she sending stuff to an MPs wife.

As far as I know there is basically an older Tory MP who is a complete far right loon who is essentially a 'mentor' for the younger far right lunatic MPs like Braverman so they send stuff to this guy to get his approval basically, I think it was then his wife she trying was copy in, presumably so he got more alerts to see it? 

I mean it basically shows the shady stuff going on behind the scenes where the far right of the Tory party is basically controlling the Government, the ERG, Steve Baker, etc. a tiny minority unrepresentative of the country is basically holding the rest of the Tory party hostage and thus pulling the strings of the government. The whole sordid affair needs investigating and exposing as it's clearly corrupt. The Home Secretary should not be showing and checking policy with an irrelevant backbench MP in the first place, let alone sending the e-mail to the wrong person.  

• Like 3