Rishi Sunak

Yorkshire Saint

13 minutes ago, Nick75Sfc said:

Listening to the leadership debate last night i was not previously aware of Rishi Sunak connection with Southampton.

We like our firsts so I can presume he could be the first prime minister and season ticket holder / Saints fan at St Mary's.

When he mentioned Southampton I googled it. An echo article from Nov 2020 said his boyhood hero was Matt Le Tissier (bet he keeps that quiet at the moment) and that his Dad was a season ticket holder. He follows Saints on Twitter. 

Don't care about his Southampton roots.... Maybe I should but it's irrelevant. He is just trying to pretend he comes from humble roots not a privileged one when it's anything but that... Neither he or his parents and certainly not his wife have ever struggled financially so have no concept of the real world. Slimey Rishi 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, LaptopSaint said:

No fan of the Tories, but he hardly started out super rich. His family ran the Burgess Road chemist shop. Straight down the hill, past my house, to The Dell. 

Grew up walking distance from The Dell and a member of the junior Saints, a proper mush 

• Confused 1

His parents had a chemists near the university. 

heard he used to run riot round the flower estates during the summer holidays and regularly bring his mob of Winchester college lads down for scraps with the Cantell Chaos Krew. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

37 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Don't care about his Southampton roots.... Maybe I should but it's irrelevant. He is just trying to pretend he comes from humble roots not a privileged one when it's anything but that... Neither he or his parents and certainly not his wife have ever struggled financially so have no concept of the real world. Slimey Rishi 

Why do people despise people that are successful but turn a blind eye if they own their football club and are prepared to spend cash on players? Seems to me his parents had humble roots and worked for their success. 

• Like 13

39 minutes ago, Mr X said:

He used to work as a waiter in an Indian restaurant - that's what all the rich, privileged kids did for kicks eh?

Class War mate!!

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, LaptopSaint said:

No fan of the Tories, but he hardly started out super rich. His family ran the Burgess Road chemist shop. Straight down the hill, past my house, to The Dell. 

Unfortunately, rather than trying to make something of themselves, many in this country would rather just be jealous of those who are successful. Probably why we’re on our knee’s. 

With Tiss and potentially a Tory PM endorsing our club, could we have 2 of the uk’s most hated people on Twitter supporting us? Fantastic stuff to rile up the wokeists. 

Welcome Rishi. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Just now, wild-saint said:

Why do people despise people that are successful but turn a blind eye if they own their football club and are prepared to spend cash on players? Seems to me his parents had humble roots and worked for their success. 

They did, they were not wealthy when they arrived in England but they were educated, a real "land of opportunity " success story. 

He genuinely grew up walking distance from The Dell, that's a proper Saints connection regardless of his politics 

• Like 12

16 minutes ago, JRM said:

They did, they were not wealthy when they arrived in England but they were educated, a real "land of opportunity " success story. 

Fair play his parents, it's great to have someone from such a working class background making it good in politics, well not working class...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Fair play his parents, it's great to have someone from such a working class background making it good in politics, well not working class...

I guess some people just don’t like to see immigrants come here and do well

• Like 6

1 hour ago, sfc4prem said:

Still a Tory though 

1 hour ago, Black Sea Saint said:

Still a twat though

Same thing right...

Interesting how politicians lean on football to try and seem more relatable, like David Cameron supporting Aston Villa, or was it West Ham!

Would love to know which Curry house he waited in, the dizzy heights of Coriander Lounge or Kutis, or is he a Manzils fan...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Fabrice Fernandes no.1 fan said:

Same thing right...

Interesting how politicians lean on football to try and seem more relatable, like David Cameron supporting Aston Villa, or was it West Ham!

Would love to know which Curry house he waited in, the dizzy heights of Coriander Lounge or Kutis, or is he a Manzils fan...

Do you realise how much of a thick c*nt it makes you look, to group everyone as a twat because of their political stance. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dman said:

Do you realise how much of a thick c*nt it makes you look, to group everyone as a twat because of their political stance. 

Come on now, no need to call me that sort of thing, calm back down.

Quite clearly a joke, I don't actually think all tories are twats, I definitely think some are (Chris Grayling, Micheal Gove, the entitled money-grabbing politicians whose policies end up costing the country lots of money), but I also think lots of other people are too, not just based on political leanings. I actually don't mind Rishi, he seems to have worked hard to get where he is and his work as chancellor during the pandemic kept a lot of people's finances ticking over.

Perhaps I just mistrust anyone proud to wear bright blue because of that lot down the road?

7 minutes ago, Fabrice Fernandes no.1 fan said:

Come on now, no need to call me that sort of thing, calm back down.

Quite clearly a joke, I don't actually think all tories are twats, I definitely think some are (Chris Grayling, Micheal Gove, the entitled money-grabbing politicians whose policies end up costing the country lots of money), but I also think lots of other people are too, not just based on political leanings. I actually don't mind Rishi, he seems to have worked hard to get where he is and his work as chancellor during the pandemic kept a lot of people's finances ticking over.

Perhaps I just mistrust anyone proud to wear bright blue because of that lot down the road?

Fair enough, many people genuinely do though. It’s rather odd. 

Like SFC4prem using “he’s still a Tory” as an insult. Strange behaviour. 

7 minutes ago, aintforever said:

It's fantastic if immigrants come here and do well, who thinks it's not?

Very few I suspect.

But anyone who becomes a success owes to those who helped them get there. That is why many believe he should pay his proper share of taxes that pay for the teachers, health workers, roads etc. etc. that helped him on his way. And ensure that his wife does the same. 

Maybe he doesn't use the roads, have all those bins at his multiple residencies emptied, but he still owes to the society that gives him the opportunities. He didn't become a success in a vacuum that cost nothing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

He won't be the next PM. That will be dimwit Mis Trust. He is what he is because he married a multi millionaire, Akshata Murty, reputed to be more wealthy than the Queen.

Is she related to Graeme Murty? Another Saints connection!. I'm fairly sure his wealth is not completely dependent on marrying her. 

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

You don t have to struggle financially to have a concept of the real world.

• Like 4

Quite he married into money , I think their massive off shore blind trust is the result of 1% of her Dads firms share they were given ! So a very rich family . I don’t mind him having money but I object to them parking it off shore to avoid paying tax unlike us PAYE plebs. Cameron’s Dad spent his career advising people investing in tax havens as well as himself , Cameron inherited it which is why he can afford a £25k shepherds hut for his estate 😃

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Of course all "proper" BAME vote Labour don't they. 

Regarding his parents, not being "wealthy" and being working class aren't the same thing, they were clearly educated and aspirational. 

28 minutes ago, ally_uk said:

I read this thread title  thinking we had signed him up as new striker 🤣🤣🤣

I think the last thing he wants is to be classed as a striker at the moment, think he would prefer the number 10 position 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

Quite he married into money , I think their massive off shore blind trust is the result of 1% of her Dads firms share they were given ! So a very rich family . I don’t mind him having money but I object to them parking it off shore to avoid paying tax unlike us PAYE plebs. Cameron’s Dad spent his career advising people investing in tax havens as well as himself , Cameron inherited it which is why he can afford a £25k shepherds hut for his estate 😃

If I earned enough, I’d do the same as well. Fuck paying for you lazy, useless, bitter pricks. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, aintforever said:

It's fantastic if immigrants come here and do well, who thinks it's not?

Some people were on here making spiteful comments. We shouldn't be surprised, those who shout the loudest always end up expsoing themselves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LaptopSaint said:

Not a bad job in those days , unfortunately chemists have had their Govt support slashed like rural GPs . Our local one is always changing hands and struggles to get qualified persons some days . Rant over 😃

31 minutes ago, Dman said:

If I earned enough, I’d do the same as well. Fuck paying for you lazy, useless, bitter pricks. 

You're pretty lazy and useless then, aren't you, if you don't earn enough to do that? 'If' is a loser's term.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dman said:

Does that description cover all of us on PAYE?

Anyway, great to have you on the forum, Rishi

In an attempt to keep this thread football related...

It's obvious Rishi's a Saints fan - he's going to finish runner up rather than champion.

He's wangled his way into one of the most expensive schools in the country and ended up marrying into a billionaire's family.  This is more Man City than Saints (other than perhaps the Marcus rescue period) so I think a bit of envy and bitterness is to be expected.

My issue with him having a position of power is that he's too detached from the reality facing the people he's serving.  Which is one of the issues I have with club owners' ability to do act in the best interest of fans.  They just don't get it.

Finally he's a tory, which in my mind makes him like Liverpool.  No matter what they do I can't help remembering how they were in the 80s and hating them for it.

• Haha 2

Parents used to own this pharmacy although it’s changed hands. Lived in Bassett, went to King Edwards, then Winchester College, worked part time at Kutis. Went to Oxford later happened to marry daughter of one of the richest men in India. Close connections with Modi PM of India as does Priti Patel

8D65D0F9-2224-473E-989C-0CC37AA5A04F.png

4 hours ago, Nick75Sfc said:

Listening to the leadership debate last night i was not previously aware of Rishi Sunak connection with Southampton.

We like our firsts so I can presume he could be the first prime minister and season ticket holder / Saints fan at St Mary's.

Lifelong Saints fan and regular at St Mary's. His Mum was ran a Chemist's and his Dad a GP in Southampton. Grew up here, went to Uni here, what's not to like. OK, schooled at Winchester but good on his parents for scrimping to give him the chance. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Warriorsaint said:

Hows Brexit going?

How's Europe going?

Apart from Italian, Greek and Spanish bonds blowing out

Euro f**ked

Energy crisis about to lead to rationing and blackouts

Food crisis about to kick in

Rampant inflation but can only raise interest rates to 0% meaning it will get worst

Germany the only solvent country about to go into recession and crippled due to energy reliance on Russia 

ETC 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3