2022/23 Other games

Lighthouse

Not a good start to the day from our perspective. Still, just goes to show how quickly circumstances at clubs can change. Bournemouth have gone from bottom to 16th after one result (other results pending). It remains very tight at the bottom and there's still many twists and turns to go this season.

Edited by Disco Stu

2 minutes ago, The Juice said:

This is the shit that will kill us. Bournemouth getting three points v Liverpool after last weekend is just crazy. Now we need something from a top top utd team (last weekend aside) to even stay in touch. We just dont have the fixtures, ability or time. 

We have (had) exactly the same fixtures and time, we don't have the ability. 

Edited by Micky

Just now, Disco Stu said:

Not a good start to the day from our perspective. Still, just goes to show how quickly circumstances at clubs can change. Bournemouth have gone from bottom to 16th after one result. It remains very tight at the bottom and there's still many twists and turns to go this season.

Everton now 15th in the live table!

9 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Well yes, considering we had 15 very winnable points in his run that we got nothing from. 

I see. This morning we were above Bournemouth with as many winnable games left as them, yet it’s the manager who left 4 games ago  will be to blame if they finish above us? Weird….

2 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I see. This morning we were above Bournemouth with as many winnable games left as them, yet it’s the manager who left 4 games ago  will be to blame if they finish above us? Weird….

We need to finish above 3 teams, not just bournemouth...

Guys seriously, it’s no good looking at all the other scores and getting upset about how other teams are doing. Our relegation rivals will lose some, and our relegation rivals will win some, the threshold to stay up was never going to be 24-25 points, and if we are somehow to get out of this we are going to have to realistically win another 6 games, and we’ll leapfrog the teams around us in due course. It’s honestly worth forgetting what everyone else is doing and just seeing if we can find them 6 wins from the remaining games.

Edited by bpsaint
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

Guys seriously, it’s no good looking at all the other scores and getting upset about how other teams are doing. Our relegation rivals will lose some, and our relegation rivals will win some, the threshold to stay up was never going to be 24-25 points, and if we are somehow to get out of this we are going to have to realistically win another 6 games, and we’ll leapfrog the teams around us in due course. It’s honestly worth forgetting what everyone else is doing and just seeing if we can find them 6 wins from the remaining games.

True enough but it's kind of exciting to follow along with games I'd probably not really care about normally.

I'm experiencing the same thing here because my hockey team (Ottawa Senators) are trying to leapfrog a few teams to get into the playoffs. 

I'm scoreboard watching every day. 

1 hour ago, The Juice said:

This is the shit that will kill us. Bournemouth getting three points v Liverpool after last weekend is just crazy. Now we need something from a top top utd team (last weekend aside) to even stay in touch. We just dont have the fixtures, ability or time. 

Pretty sure its our own dismal form that will kill us. Our terrible results during our 'winnable' games run under Jones will be our ultimate undoing. Just accept we're getting relegated like alot of us have and other teams results wont annoy you as much 👍🏻