2022/23 Other games

Lighthouse

Bit of a disastrous result, no getting away from that! It's those unexpected results which kill the hope of all the teams around them. Back to the bottom with a bang.

As much as I want to believe I still can't see any way we stay up.

Just now, S-Clarke said:

Bit of a disastrous result, no getting away from that! It's those unexpected results which kill the hope of all the teams around them. Back to the bottom with a bang.

come on mate, do you really believe we are going to stay up?

We have been terrible for way too long, even against Leicester..

• Like 3

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

come on mate, do you really believe we are going to stay up?

We have been terrible for way too long, even against Leicester..

Did you quote the wrong post??

I don't think we have a chance, as I said.

Forest are gonna be okay. Bournemouth have showed a lot of fight against big clubs lately and I think they’re going to pull out of it, which means relegation is looking like us and a couple of big clubs, the types of clubs that don’t “expect” to be relegated will be. I’d love to take Everton and West Ham down with us if we are indeed doomed.

29 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Obviously a terrible result for us, but at least clearly demonstrates just how tight it is in the relegation battle this season.

Any team picking up a few results from somewhere will suddenly look relatively comfortable, and Saints have already started doing that under Selles.

Just now, adrian lord said:

Forest are gonna be okay. Bournemouth have showed a lot of fight against big clubs lately and I think they’re going to pull out of it, which means relegation is looking like us and a couple of big clubs, the types of clubs that don’t “expect” to be relegated will be. I’d love to take Everton and West Ham down with us if we are indeed doomed.

I think that would be pretty bad for our hopes though, I want the 'weakest' teams down with us. If we take down 'big clubs' with us then we're up against it from day 1, and we will prob struggle to get out in the first year....and that may well be that.

• Like 1

Think it's a bit premature to be slitting our wrists over other teams' results.

Ultimately, it's up to us to somehow cobble together a competitive points total - probably with about six wins - and then see where we stand in the final shake up.

If we can't do that, everything else is moot.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I think that would be pretty bad for our hopes though, I want the 'weakest' teams down with us. If we take down 'big clubs' with us then we're up against it from day 1, and we will prob struggle to get out in the first year....and that may well be that.

Yes, I totally see the logic

Fucking Liverpool. Smash a team we couldn't give 2 shits about 7-0 last week and get beaten 1-0 by the League's worst team. (Well according to the table this morning that was accurate)

Yes we should be concentrating on our own results but a few results going for us amongst our relegation rivals would help. That result didn't help. And I know I keep saying I already think we're down, I do, the signs have been there all season IMO not least today, but it's nice to be able to dream of a miracle recovery that propels us to 17th on the last day or something. 

25 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

We won't.  We've been down for some time now,  the odd result is not going to keep you in the premiereship, and relying on other teams to do you a favour isn't enough either. 

If we go to OT and win, then get a further 6 points from Spurs and Brentford then I'll change my mind, but I reckon we'll struggle to get a point from that lot. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Seeing bournemouth jump up to 16 is tantalizing though. We have a chance but I feel the ludicrous appointment of Jones fucked us too badly.

We had the same points as Bournemouth this morning. If we finish below them, will it still be Jones’ fault? 

• Haha 1

Last week's Liverpool/ManU + today's result at Bournemouth shows just how much randomness there is in football. So much depends on small pieces of luck on the day that then build into team confidence, mood of the crowd, etc.   Every single game we have before the end of the season, inc those against the biggest teams, we have a real chance of winning.  It's going to be a nail biting run-in.

This is the shit that will kill us. Bournemouth getting three points v Liverpool after last weekend is just crazy. Now we need something from a top top utd team (last weekend aside) to even stay in touch. We just dont have the fixtures, ability or time.