2022/23 Other games

Lighthouse

Just listened to a bit of the Utd /Real Betis game , sounds like basically if you stop Rashford you stop Utd . But stopping Rashford is a big ask of anyone . 

Also thought I recognized one of the Betis players .Juanmi think he is the one who spent a rather unsuccessful season with us a few years back . He set up the equaliser.

55 minutes ago, sad saints fan said:

Just listened to a bit of the Utd /Real Betis game , sounds like basically if you stop Rashford you stop Utd . But stopping Rashford is a big ask of anyone . 

AMN isn't that guy. Get KWP back to RB on Saturday.

Not quite another game and I haven't watched much of MotD over recent years for obvious reasons, but Lineker's not presenting this weekend, or the foreseeable and Shearer and Wright have both said they aren't doing it without Lineker.

Could be the beginning of an end of another footballing era.

10 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

Not quite another game and I haven't watched much of MotD over recent years for obvious reasons, but Lineker's not presenting this weekend, or the foreseeable and Shearer and Wright have both said they aren't doing it without Lineker.

Hopefully they get Stelling to present it with Le Tiss as a pundit. 

But seriously I'd like to see Des Lynam back with Alan Hansen was much better then 

Edited by JRM
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

Surprised it took this long for the BBC to pull him to be honest.

2 hours ago, HarvSFC said:

None of them are any great loss as far as I'm concerned.  I watch MOTD for the football, not the mundane 'analysis'. 

• Like 4

Some tough games to predict today

I can see Everton and Leeds both getting at least a point, maybe more with home games v Brentford and Brighton.

Surely Spurs will turn up against Forest after the criticism they've had,  fans booing etc , Conte on his way out

Palace , no wins in 9 games, somehow often seem to do well against Man City 

This is why the Jones era was so damaging. His shitty tactics  saw us piss away a run of winnable games and now we have to rely on others to beat our rivals. 

Still plenty of time but every week will have its shock results. Hopefully it'll be us getting a shock win. 

Edited by OttawaSaint
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

Bournemouth jump from bottom to 16th, crazy

Shows how poor the premier League actually is now. Nothing to do with competitiveness. The teams in the bottom half, just aren't that good!

2 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

We all know how this is going to end.

Steven Gerrarrd to jump out of the crowd in full Liverpool kit race through on goal and slip over as he goes to equalize. Final score 1-0?

Edited by OttawaSaint
  • Like 1