2022/23 Other games

Lighthouse

6 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Maybe Brentford are on the beach and we roll them over easily on Wednesday... 😂 

More likely we'll get a reaction out of them on Wednesday sadly.

Feels like whenever we win, our rivals also win... but when we lose they win as well 😕

Edited by Saint86

Big week coming up. The next seven days we'll tell us a lot more about Saints' prospects. Anything less than 3 points and the fat lady will be testing those vocal chords. Take 6 points and I might feel that hope building again.

• Like 1

Everton - can't hardly score but they're solid enough and in Dyche they have the perfect manager to carve out ugly 1-0 wins. I really want them to come down with us but it's very possible they'll escape again.

I still think it will be Bournemouth and Forest that come down with us - Bournemouth's win today was an aberration. Leeds and West Ham will be too strong. It's possible it could be Leeds but I think they have some decent players in their ranks.

• Like 1

The idea of relying on others to avoid relegation shows, really, how fucking deserving we would be of going down.

It's up to us, and as we know, we simply don't have the mettle, the consistency, the potency or grit for a relegation battle.

While a few teams around us got some points, there are a number just ahead that are continuing to sink down the table. Palace and below are all in the relegation fight with a 6 points difference. Leicester are in a freefall, as are Forest. Palace haven't won a game in 2023. Bournemouth look really poor and their win today seems more of an anomoly.

These next 3 games are our toughest stretch for the rest of the season, so I'm not going to put too much value into it. Historically 10 wins is usually enough, but we haven't had many draws, so lets say 5 more wins should do it - which gets us to the magic 36 points. If we could get a win or 2 draws in these next 3 games then I'll be pretty confident of our chances of getting that.

We have tough games, but are finding a bit of form and Selles seems to have settled on a shape and a group of players he likes. I don't think we are the certain drop that I did at the end of the Jones tenure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

We had the same points as Bournemouth this morning. If we finish below them, will it still be Jones’ fault? 

Well we lost every single game except one under your boy, who was recruited specifically to keep us up. So yes it is mainly his fault because he fucked our season, mainly while you were swooning and droning on about how aggressive we were now.

He shat the bed and has sealed our relegation.

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, cloggy saint said:

We'll lose tomorrow, no doubt about that, but a win on Wednesday will see us out of the bottom three.

Only if West Ham lose tomorrow as well, and we will have also played a game more than the teams below us by Wednesday night.

3 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Well we lost every single game except one under your boy, who was recruited specifically to keep us up. So yes it is mainly his fault because he fucked our season, mainly while you were swooning and droning on about how aggressive we were now.

Ducky now scrambling to regain a shred of credibility by posting a load of pony!

7 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

If he had managed to get say 4 or 5 points from some very winnable games things would have looked a bit more rosy but no he fucked it all up. 🤬

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

If he had managed to get say 4 or 5 points from some very winnable games things would have looked a bit more rosy but no he fucked it all up. 🤬

We’ve got Bournemouth, Palace, West Ham, Fulham, Brentford, Brighton,  & Forest to come, how many points are acceptable in those “winnable” games? Bearing in mind Fulham, Brighton, Brentford & Forest were winnable under, Jones I presume it’ll be quite a high number.  

24 minutes ago, Dark Munster said:

Current table if we'd beaten a dire Forest and 10-man Wolves at home.

image.png.3ef8c58d81ed42292d975a66983bf01c.png

What do you want, our most wise and knowledgeable fans wanted Ralph sacked and assured anyone that would listen that we'd get a better manager.... 🤣

6 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

We’ve got Bournemouth, Palace, West Ham, Fulham, Brentford, Brighton,  & Forest to come, how many points are acceptable in those “winnable” games? Bearing in mind Fulham, Brighton, Brentford & Forest were winnable under, Jones I presume it’ll be quite a high number.  

Seems like you've just made up Brighton, Fulham and Brentford being deemed winnable. Losing to those teams wasn't why Jones had to go, although the ease by which Brighton and Brentford carved through us certainly didn't help.

If he had beaten the worst away team in the league, while they were playing away, and a relegation candidate with 10 men (also at home) then perhaps people would look at Jones as a poor manager instead of the completely inept clusterfuck that his time will be remembered for.

To answer your question, only Bournemouth, Palace, West Ham and Forest are games that we should be disappointed if we lose. Luckily Selles has proven capable of grinding out results against better teams.

What you are omitting is that Villa and Wolves at home were very winnable games for Jones and he massively fucked them both.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Luke SkyWalker-Peters said:

Seems like you've just made up Brighton, Fulham and Brentford being deemed winnable. Losing to those teams wasn't why Jones had to go, although the ease by which Brighton and Brentford carved through us certainly didn't help.

If he had beaten the worst away team in the league, while they were playing away, and a relegation candidate with 10 men (also at home) then perhaps people would look at Jones as a poor manager instead of the completely inept clusterfuck that his time will be remembered for.

To answer your question, only Bournemouth, Palace, West Ham and Forest are games that we should be disappointed if we lose. Luckily Selles has proven capable of grinding out results against better teams.

What you are omitting is that Villa and Wolves at home were very winnable games for Jones and he massively fucked them both.

I’m omitting Villa & Wolves because we don’t still have them to play, we’ve already lost once to both of them prior to Jones’ arrival. I’m trying to understand what you consider winnable under Selles, compared to Jones, therefore omitted games Ralph lost.

Talking of omitting games, was Leeds winnable, seeing as they’ve only won once since Nov I imagine it is. 

So taken directly from your posts, the “winnable” games that Jones didn’t win were Villa, Wolves & Forest from which you wanted 4 or 5 points out of 9. 

Having lost at Leeds already, Selles could end up dropping more winnable points than your benchmark. If so, I presume you’ll place some blame on him for the subsequent relegation.

1 hour ago, Dark Munster said:

Current table if we'd beaten a dire Forest and 10-man Wolves at home.

image.png.3ef8c58d81ed42292d975a66983bf01c.png

52 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

What do you want, our most wise and knowledgeable fans wanted Ralph sacked and assured anyone that would listen that we'd get a better manager.... 🤣

Can you post a table if we’d beaten a woeful Villa away and Leeds at home. 

2 hours ago, SNSUN said:

Everton - can't hardly score but they're solid enough and in Dyche they have the perfect manager to carve out ugly 1-0 wins. I really want them to come down with us but it's very possible they'll escape again.

I still think it will be Bournemouth and Forest that come down with us - Bournemouth's win today was an aberration. Leeds and West Ham will be too strong. It's possible it could be Leeds but I think they have some decent players in their ranks.

Hey the table dosent lie................well most of the time,but those teams you've mentioned are still in the mix right up to Palace. Yes there's going to be horrible looking results for us and they are horrible fixtures we have left,also the tables not going to look any different after tomorrows result ,only the goal difference and one more game on.

3 hours ago, OttawaSaint said:

Forster penalty save!

Spurs' fans love him.

"Fraser Forster is my nomination for signing of the season."

"Forster doesnt create anxiety for his team, thats massive. hes a better keeper than the clown lloris"

"I so much prefer him to Hugo. He can actually play football and pass the ball.
Couple of good saves tonight as well."

""FRASER FORSTER/Crazy Horses" chant going in the SE corner.... Especially after the penalty save!"

20 minutes ago, Nordic Saint said:

Spurs' fans love him.

"Forster doesnt create anxiety for his team, thats massive. hes a better keeper than the clown lloris"

""FRASER FORSTER/Crazy Horses" chant going in the SE corner.... Especially after the penalty save!"

We know he's going to have a man of the match performance at St Mary's next week, guaranteed,  for a free signing he's probably done alright for them 

38 minutes ago, Nordic Saint said:

Spurs' fans love him.

A lot slagged him off for the poor save last week against Wolves which cost them points. 

46 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Poor day results-wise.

I’m sure everyone will be in hysterics after we don’t beat Man United tomorrow (as expected anyway). 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m not going to be annoyed if we don’t. It’s unlikely, as long as we give it a good go. 
I’m sure most would take a point now.

I don't think many will unless we lose to a 90+7 bullshit decision. I think most think it's a "keep the score down" type game and then we have a chance of winning vs Brentford.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DT said:

Much as I hate Newcastle, them beating Wolves is a decent outcome for Saints

Yep.

Saints recent form and being 5 points off 12th gives us a few extra routes to safety than you’d normally expect for a team that’s bottom at this stage of the season.