2022/23 Other games

Lighthouse

the standard of the premier league this year is really shit. nottingham forest not in the relegation zone playing shelvey, colback and that felipe guy. everton also shit and still winning. both sides giving everything which is the difference but quality wise it’s poor. 

10 minutes ago, trousers said:

# Warped logic klaxon #

Everton are one of those teams that always seem to find enough to avoid relegation so I'd actually prefer them to beat other teams that are within catching distance of us, such as Forest. 

Well, that worked a treat... ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

I think you could make a positive out of any scoreline today, but yeah I’d go Draw = Forest > Everton.

Tend to agree but on balance I reckon Everton are more likely to go down so preferred Forest to win - pleased they at least equalised. Can accept teams around us only getting a point. Hoping it will be Bournemouth, Everton & Leeds going down. Good weekend all round for us. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Great result for us. We need as many people to be in the scrap as we can and neither of those sides winning would have done us any favours. 

Also a result that is probably demoralising for both of them. Forest would want to be beating Everton with how crap they are, and Everton need to start getting results soon. 

4 minutes ago, Maggie May said:

Our fixtures are pretty bleak on paper over the next few weeks. Makes the ineptitude of NJ’s reign even worse.

That's the killer. Load of winnable fixtures and mastermind Rasmus fucked us with Jones. I don't think I've ever seen a Saints appointment where 90% were saying "noooo...disaster waiting to happen...don't do it!".

It's similar to Benitez to Everton. That was never going to work on a million years but an arrogant board pushed on with it. 

Edited by OttawaSaint

7 minutes ago, Maggie May said:

Our fixtures are pretty bleak on paper over the next few weeks. Makes the ineptitude of NJ’s reign even worse.

3 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

That's the killer. Load of winnable fixtures and mastermind Rasmus fucked us with Jones. I don't think I've ever seen a Saints appointment where 90% were saying "noooo...disaster waiting to happen...don't do it!".

It's similar to Benitez to Everton. That was never going to work on a million years but an arrogant board pushed on with it. 

Doesn't our 'Ralphball' system theoretically work better against the better teams though...? i.e. the teams that don't sit back in numbers and play on the counter? #clutchingatstraws

Edited by trousers

Just now, trousers said:

Doesn't our 'Ralphball' system work better against the better teams though...? i.e. the teams that don't sit back in numbers and play on the counter? #clutchingatstraws

Can see us potentially getting results against Tottenham and Liverpool if we turn up and they don't (which they haven't been recently), United and Newcastle are write-offs to me, the rest are toss ups. 

6 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Think I would put Newcastle in that category rather than City. Their season is in danger of tailing of a bit.

I get what you mean, but Newcastle are a very solid defensive side, leave nothing open which is where we struggle most. City at least leave themselves open.

Annoyingly I'd rather be facing United after a 5 nil win for them than a loss but it shows they're flawed despite recent good form.

At least we don't have to face Liverpool until... ah. Last day. Need to be safe by then.