2022/23 Other games

Lighthouse

23 hours ago, whelk said:

Pope misses the cup final. Feel for him as seems decent bloke. Hate Newcastle so this is funny

Eddie Howe says Pope doesn't deserve to miss the final. Which is funny, because after that studs up lunge from Guimares at St James Park I thought he didn't deserve to make the final.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, macca155 said:

The weekend results has put West Ham right in the mix.

3 points separate 5 teams now. Been a good weekend.

Saints just need to focus on not losing. Draws are good coupled with a few wins.

Leeds vs Saints is absolutely massive! I'm sweating already. Hope Ruben takes us up another gear and get those crucial 3pts.

• Like 1

That Wolves result is really going to hurt us in the long run. They’d be on 20 points now, right in it. That said, if we’d won, we still have the nutter in charge and would have lost to Chelsea. Then he would have been sacked and we’d have the bounce against Leeds. So we did it wrong. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, macca155 said:

The weekend results has put West Ham right in the mix.

3 points separate 5 teams now. Been a good weekend.

Saints just need to focus on not losing. Draws are good coupled with a few wins.

Realistically, I think we still need a minimum of 6 more wins.

A lot to do.

Edited by qwertyell
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, trousers said:

Screenshot_20230219-182534.png

Hard to think we are only 2 games past half way, that would normally be the table in early Jan. 

promoted sides currently doing well, none of Fulham, Forest, Bmouth currently cut adrift.

Hard to see too much above Wolves going down, but, there’s  ‘always’ a team that crashes and burns,

Palace possibly?

Realistically I don’t see Everton/Dycheball going down.

Have to hope we can squeeze past Bmouth WHam Leeds …. big 6 points incoming next week!

3 hours ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

Fraser Forster also had a good game today. I've forgotten why we let him go and kept McCarthy but relying on Baz as our first choice keeper has been one of the main mistakes in our team recruitment programme this year. 

Commentator said he hadn't mentioned Forster as he hadn't had anything to do in the first half !

3 hours ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

Fraser Forster also had a good game today. I've forgotten why we let him go and kept McCarthy but relying on Baz as our first choice keeper has been one of the main mistakes in our team recruitment programme this year. 

Because he was costing us a fortune and isn’t very good.

• Like 1

Going to be a fight to the finish line, could realistically see this being a season where 40 pts maybe needed to stay up.

Leeds form is terrible, no win in 10, we should be going their to win.

Can see Palace getting drawn in their form over the last 10 is only 1pt better than ours now, Villa also lost 3 on the bounce.

Leicester have Arsenal this weekend, if we beat Leeds and Arsenal do us a favour against Leicester, we could be going into the Leicester home game knowing a win will bring us level on points with them. 

Lets hope we can keep our performance levels and momentum up. Could see us winning the next 3 (the cup\ and both league games) after the weekend.

1 minute ago, Dan Johnson said:

Going to be a fight to the finish line, could realistically see this being a season where 40 pts maybe needed to stay up.

Leeds form is terrible, no win in 10, we should be going their to win.

Can see Palace getting drawn in their form over the last 10 is only 1pt better than ours now, Villa also lost 3 on the bounce.

Leicester have Arsenal this weekend, if we beat Leeds and Arsenal do us a favour against Leicester, we could be going into the Leicester home game knowing a win will bring us level on points with them. 

Lets hope we can keep our performance levels and momentum up. Could see us winning the next 3 (the cup\ and both league games) after the weekend.

Not convinced you'll need 40 points to secure 17th spot.

22 minutes ago, Nordic Saint said:

A career record of 202 clean sheets and an average of less than a goal a game conceded would suggest otherwise. 

My experience pre covid era at St Marys was that he was a liability , my usual comment was oh no only Forster to beat ! Henceforth he was known as “your mate Forster”  by my fellow travelling home fan 😄

6 hours ago, Nordic Saint said:

A career record of 202 clean sheets and an average of less than a goal a game conceded would suggest otherwise. 

Two thirds of which were against Motherwell, Partick Thistel and Montrose. Forster was substandard, we (more specifically our wage bill) are well rid of him.

• Like 2

I see Potter still has the full backing of the Chelsea board and Moyes has the full support of the West Ham board..............just a matter of time then I guess. 

Chelsea can obviously attract a big name, but West Ham must be looking around at the same uninspiring list of available managers that we have discussed here, and thinking what's the point? Lampard obviously has family ties there but I really don't think he's up to it. Sacked by Chelsea & Everton is hardly going to inspire the West Ham lot. Gerrard or Rooney? Marsch? Are any of those better than Moyes? Mad Nate's available of course.....

14 hours ago, Saint Keef said:

I see Potter still has the full backing of the Chelsea board and Moyes has the full support of the West Ham board..............just a matter of time then I guess. 

Chelsea can obviously attract a big name, but West Ham must be looking around at the same uninspiring list of available managers that we have discussed here, and thinking what's the point? Lampard obviously has family ties there but I really don't think he's up to it. Sacked by Chelsea & Everton is hardly going to inspire the West Ham lot. Gerrard or Rooney? Marsch? Are any of those better than Moyes? Mad Nate's available of course.....

Benitez allegedly up for it !

2 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

Benitez allegedly up for it !

Might as well just keep Moyes, he's just as negative. I have a lot of mates who support West Ham, and they're all complaining about playing 3 at the back with 2 holding midfielders. Sounded familiar...!

Edited by Saint Garrett
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BotleySaint said:

I think Klopp may have to go for it to change. His course is run.

I don't really think it's Klopp, the team's course has just run. Players like Fabinho, Henderson, Matip and dare I say it - VVD, just not quite at it at the top, top level anymore. Klopp will go soon for sure, but they'll then go through a cycle of changing managers for fun as anyone will struggle to revert them to where they were in 2018/19/20 etc.

• Like 1

Always good to see Liverpool get smashed, my word Modric what a player he is, 37, driving through the Liverpool midfield like they weren't there.

Vini Jnr also a very scary player, all the talk of Haaland and Mbappe taking the Messi and Ronaldo crown, but I think this guy is right up there with them. 

• Like 3

On 19/02/2023 at 21:04, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

Jesus Bazunu was superb Saturday. Shows what’s he’s capable of doing when he has confidence in the players in front of him.

as an Irish international he always plays well. I’ve noticed Che is far more confident for Scotland.

Edited by manji