2022/23 Other games

Lighthouse

2 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Dippers concede a late goal against BHA. Karma after their spending the prior 15 minutes kicking Brighton all over the pitch.

2 of those tackles were proper Sunday best. Football karma at its best when Brighton scored.

The 'big club' cable are doing to Brighton what they did to Swansea, Saints, Wolves, Leicester, and anybody else who dares to threaten their status. Buy, kick, or disrupt their players and management staff.

It will be Brentford next. With Newcastle crashing the party, at least three will be denied Champions League football. That theatens the survival of some.

3 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Dippers concede a late goal against BHA. Karma after their spending the prior 15 minutes kicking Brighton all over the pitch.

Milner top offender as usual , along with claiming a foul every time he lost a tackle . Refs need to stand up to the ‘big’ clubs much more to have a fairer game played .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cloggy saint said:

All charges against Mason Greenwood have been dropped, I guess the 'victim' got it all wrong.

wonder what happens with him now? Can he ever come back as a player given the crap that will come his way from fans? Doesn't sound as if he's been proven to not have done anything, there simply wasn't the evidence to really back it up.

3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

wonder what happens with him now? Can he ever come back as a player given the crap that will come his way from fans? Doesn't sound as if he's been proven to not have done anything, there simply wasn't the evidence to really back it up.

Ched Evans has had a career so seemingly clubs will bend their morals to whatever extent they see fit if someone can kick a ball well...

Its a tricky case, Greenwood's, because there was a lot of audio evidence which really did make him out to be a coercive and abusive individual, but as you say a lack of evidence was clearly the clinching factor. He's technically not been found guilty or convicted of anything but that doesn't make him innocent as far as I can tell.

10 minutes ago, whelk said:

Yeah looks like a clueless assemble. Won’t be in the CL next year so how they dodge FFP will be interesting 

Yeah, just a rabble. It's like FM when you buy loads of random players, the best ones, then try and get them to win. You can't. They're a mess.

Just now, S-Clarke said:

Yeah, just a rabble. It's like FM when you buy loads of random players, the best ones, then try and get them to win. You can't. They're a mess.

The struggle I have is I make all my signings early so I have a structure to the team; and then it comes to deadline day and there’s some absolute bargains transfer listed that I can’t resist. 😅

8 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

The common denominator with the Chelsea rabble and our rabble is that Shields assembled them, just different budgetary levels!

Reminiscent of when Man City did a similar rabble assemblage, famously including Mick Channon. Ended in tears for City and Mick. 

1 minute ago, adrian lord said:

The common denominator with the Chelsea rabble and our rabble is that Shields assembled them, just different budgetary levels!

Reminiscent of when Man City did a similar rabble assemblage, famously including Mick Channon. Ended in tears for City and Mick. 

I don't think you can 'credit' Shields with any of that yet! 

Looking at Potter, it's like a 'Top 6' version of our situation with Jones. He's not as spikey as Jones, but their fans are equally at a loss with him. They don't understand how they went from someone with the rep of Tuchel to him. He won't last.

5 minutes ago, adrian lord said:

Shields will have had nothing to do with Chelsea's recent recruitment. Also going forward hes a small cog in a big machine. They've a 5 man recruitment team with the likes of Paul Winstanley, Christopher Vivell and Kyle Macaulay alongside him.

Also noticed a certain Simon Gillett is a scout at Chelsea

Fulham once again showing how well a simple 442 can work. Still think we'd be much better operating that system. 4 at the back which we all know, bar Jones, is our best option, 4 in midfield giving us numbers where we are often over run and two up top. Simple and effective as Fulham continue to demonstrate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, saintant said:

Fulham once again showing how well a simple 442 can work. Still think we'd be much better operating that system. 4 at the back which we all know, bar Jones, is our best option, 4 in midfield giving us numbers where we are often over run and two up top. Simple and effective as Fulham continue to demonstrate.

With a back 4 of Tete, Ream, Diop and Robinson. Three of whom were regulars in that dismal relegation season for Fulham and Diop who was surplus to requirements at West Ham. 

You could easily make the case for us having a better back 4 with KWP, ABK, DCC or Salisu and Perraud. But just shows what good coaching and organisation is doing for Fulham

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

With a back 4 of Tete, Ream, Diop and Robinson. Three of whom were regulars in that dismal relegation season for Fulham and Diop who was surplus to requirements at West Ham. 

You could easily make the case for us having a better back 4 with KWP, ABK, DCC or Salisu and Perraud. But just shows what good coaching and organisation is doing for Fulham

True. Fulham have also had one of those striker folks that I hear can make a real difference to a season, especially if you have one from the start. 🙂

He's done well after a torrid time, the last time they were in this league.

• Like 1

Was too easy for us to just appoint Dyche.

Razzy needed to show everyone that he's the smartest guy in the room.

It's like those knobs who turn up for 5 aside, get an open goal and instead of just rolling it in they try to do an Anthony or some other dumb move and miss the goal.

Told you. So obvious. I said they’d beat arsenal and Liverpool and be fine. He was the clear obvious choice. Maybe he didn’t fancy it but hiring Jones above him is mystifying. At least I win at the bookies

• Haha 1