2022/23 Other games

Lighthouse

Seems to be a year for the outsider

Arsenal clear top of the premier league

napoli clear top in Serie A

Lens challenging PSG in France

real sociadad third in spain

Freiburg second in Germany 

none of them small clubs but also not really traditional challengers at the top aside from Arsenal who have had their golden era under Wenger but most people wouldn’t have even put them down for a top 4 finish this season. 

On 15/01/2023 at 13:41, Lord Duckhunter said:

I’m reading a lot of old pony about interfering with play since that goal. You used to get perfectly good goals disallowed because somebody was offside by the corner flag, I don’t think anybody wants to go back to that. 

I do!!! As a defender, i think it was a terrible rule. ANY player offide is off side!! Period!! As a defender that was our super power, we could rely on that offdide line. A dopey striker who wonders off side, or a winger picking his nose on the far side is all noted by  defenders and we can relax as they have committed to being offside. Sooooooooo simple. BUT NOOOOOOO, why not make it conveluted, put some vague rules as to interfering? All to make the game more exciting? More goals? Not my problem, defenders stop goals, no goals is a great game as far as we are concerned. But fuck the defence, lets change the simple offside rule so PONY can give more illeagal goals. This allows for more inconsistant refereeing and bias.

For all you non ballers, all defenders know that any player offside has an infuence on the defence decisions. So this idea of not interfering with play is PONY. PONY, PONY....

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

I do!!! As a defender, i think it was a terrible rule. ANY player offide is off side!! Period!! As a defender that was our super power, we could rely on that offdide line. A dopey striker who wonders off side, or a winger picking his nose on the far side is all noted by  defenders and we can relax as they have committed to being offside. Sooooooooo simple. BUT NOOOOOOO, why not make it conveluted, put some vague rules as to interfering? All to make the game more exciting? More goals? Not my problem, defenders stop goals, no goals is a great game as far as we are concerned. But fuck the defence, lets change the simple offside rule so PONY can give more illeagal goals. This allows for more inconsistant refereeing and bias.

For all you non ballers, all defenders know that any player offside has an infuence on the defence decisions. So this idea of not interfering with play is PONY. PONY, PONY....

Tell us how you really feel. 

2 minutes ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

Dear God. “Non ballers”, what sort of pony is that.

It’s goals like this being disallowed that led to the rule changes. 

4 hours ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

I agree with you, but Bertrand was in an offsite position when Gabbiadini ‘scored’ that infamous goal of his.

Genuinely do not understand how Spurs are this bad, in addition to having two of the worlds best attackers in Kane and Son, they spent £150 million this summer, £90 million last season, £100 million the season before that and £130 million the season before that.  You are talking £450 million spend over 4 seasons, whilst again literally having a world class attack. Bonkers. 

13 hours ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Those City fans booing at half time ought to try and watch the shit we have put up with over the past 18 months. Talk about plastic fans. 

It was utterly ridiculous. Those booing probably spend most of the game watching it through the camera on their phone.....what is it with people and filming/photographing everything these days? I noticed against Forest that as soon as JWP got that free kick, loads of Forest fans got their phones out to film it. 

It's good to talk. Feel better now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LeBizzier69 said:

It was utterly ridiculous. Those booing probably spend most of the game watching it through the camera on their phone.....what is it with people and filming/photographing everything these days? I noticed against Forest that as soon as JWP got that free kick, loads of Forest fans got their phones out to film it. 

Excellent example is the amount of videos of the JWP everton free kick which came out, the whole away end must of recorded it, live in the moment I say.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, LeBizzier69 said:

Seems to be the way with an increasing number of people. If you think that’s bad, I saw a video of a light aircraft ditching in the sea, just off a crowded tourist beach in America. Everyone went running towards it but not one person swam out to try and help the occupants, instead it was smartphones drawn, "OMG this is amazing ‘content’ for my Instagram."

2 hours ago, tajjuk said:

Genuinely do not understand how Spurs are this bad, in addition to having two of the worlds best attackers in Kane and Son, they spent £150 million this summer, £90 million last season, £100 million the season before that and £130 million the season before that.  You are talking £450 million spend over 4 seasons, whilst again literally having a world class attack. Bonkers. 

I think part of their issue is not actually buying very good players with all that money. Their squad is the level they are, bottom of the top 6, enough for European football but not enough to really win anything. Hojbjerg plays every minute for them, and we all know he is good but he isn't going to lead a team to a title. The same with the likes of Davies, Emerson, Sessegnon, Bissouma etc. They'd all walk into most PL teams, but are they consistently good enough to get Spurs to the very top, probably not

1 hour ago, saint lard said:

Do we want an outright winner between West Ham and Everton today,or a draw?

not that it will matter greatly if we get beaten I suppose. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

We only need to finish above 3 clubs but ideally we want everyone in the bottom half to lose against the top half and draw when playing each other, whilst we continue our 3 game winning run and sneak into a Europa place on the last day of the season.  

This post comes courtery of the "happy pill" painkillers I'm currently taking 🤣

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Wolves getting thrashed. Sa just passed out straight to Mahrez to square for Haaland to compete the hattrick.

Glad it's not just us with the comedy defending and glaring errors...

The only saving grace this season is that it won't take much improvement to get out of it with a number of teams struggling, could be a very low amount of points required to stay up.