2022/23 Other games

Lighthouse

52 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Has Haaland been labelled "overrated" yet?

He's definitely not the same player he was at the start of the season but then their team is stuttering. I'm still hugely surprised they sold Cancelo tbf especially without a replacement. Arsenal have a decent chance to win the League now especially as their loss this weekend didn't ultimately hurt them (from the City perspective) and they're still 5 clear with a game in hand. If Arsenal don't win the League from here it will be very Spursy,  which may be the ultimate insult to them.

Also fair play to Ten Haag who has done wonders with United. They have a chance too. I can't see anyone running away with it this year. It seems to be one of those Leagues where everyone can take points off everyone.

Excluding Saints of course. 😜

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

We are without doubt the worst team in the premier league. 

We have the worst manager certainly, by a country mile. Which is why we're going down (unless the board pull their heads out of their arses and bring someone competent in tomorrow. Then we may have a glimmer of a hope).

Squad-wise though we aren't the worst, and probably better than at least three other teams.

3 minutes ago, Dark Munster said:

We have the worst manager certainly, by a country mile. Which is why we're going down (unless the board pull their heads out of their arses and bring someone competent in tomorrow. Then we may have a glimmer of a hope).

Squad-wise though we aren't the worst, and probably better than at least three other teams.

on paper (squad wise) i’d only put us above bournemouth in all honesty. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dark Munster said:

Fucking hell, I guess you’re a glass half full type of guy. Only Boscombe and possibly Leeds are in our bag, the rest are better by quite a bit. Wolves, Leicester, West Ham, Everton  have far superior squad. The ones with a few ropey players likeFulham have done the biso already. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

on paper (squad wise) i’d only put us above bournemouth in all honesty. 

Forest, Leeds, Everton, Wolves, even Fulham.

It's all subjective of course, but our squad is made to look crap with an imbecile in charge. When you look at the performance against City, and some of the ones under Ralph (e.g. against Chelsea, and that was before our £130m spending spree) it's clear there is quite a bit of talent throughout the squad. We have holes of course (GK and ST, although the latter may have been plugged), but the same certainly could be said about the above mentioned teams.

4 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Fucking hell, I guess you’re a glass half full type of guy. Only Boscombe and possibly Leeds are in our bag, the rest are better by quite a bit. Wolves, Leicester, West Ham, Everton  have far superior squad. The ones with a few ropey players likeFulham have done the biso already. 

Trust me, my glass is 99% empty with that f*cking muppet in charge (actually three f*cking muppets when you include Semmens and Ankersen).

Three Stooges Vintage GIF

1 minute ago, Saint Garrett said:

They'll get a £20k fine or something, you know how this works...

This is totally different, if you read all that they've done this is on Juventus levels of corruption. Obviously all unproven yet, but there over 100 allegations spreading 10+ years.

The main point is that they've paid players/managers from another company, taking that balance out of the actual club finances so they don't get caught by FFP spending.

20 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Thought I'd watch tonight's Championship game to scout out our oppo for next season.

It's so, so bad to watch. I think we're going to be right at home.

Wigan are proper crap. 

How's Brereton looking? I see Sam Gallagher has come on. Just looked and didn't realise he hadn't scored since a few games before the World Cup.

7 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Wigan are proper crap. 

How's Brereton looking? I see Sam Gallagher has come on. Just looked and didn't realise he hadn't scored since a few games before the World Cup.

Brereton has looked horrific, but the service hasn't been great. Blackburn have been equally dross, Wigan deserve this on the second half. Our old mate Caulker has just come on for Wigan.

2 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Petition for Man City to have to loan each of their current players to fellow Premier League clubs for the next eighteen months, starting with bottom of the league. Maximum of three per team.

I’ll take Haaland, De Bruyne and Foden. 👍🏻

Our B Team would be the envy of all.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Just a mention that the Grimsby v Luton FA Cup replay takes place tonight at 19:45. I can't see any TV coverage of it.

Do we care who wins?

From a perspective of progressing in the cup, Grimsby of course.

However, a visit from Luton could be very entertaining. If NJ hasn't been sent packing before then, it will be interesting to see the dynamic between him and the Hatters fans. He also promised that we would see what a Nathan Jones team looks like in a few weeks, so perhaps getting to watch Luton at SMS was what he was alluding to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Cat said:

Sholing 1-0 Totton at half time. Sholing quite lucky to be winning, it's been pretty much all Totton apart from when Brad Targett banged one in off the crossbar.

James Beattie is here, saw him wander past with 2 trays of chips.

Chips? Thought he was more into muffins?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Sholing won 1-0 somehow. Good to see such a big crowd for the game, 648 attendance.

‘somehow’ otherwise known as Ryan Gosney, ridiculous game from Sholing’s keeper!

Massive result, 12 point lead in the league now, albeit with Totton having three games in hand.

8 hours ago, Jimmy_D said:

‘somehow’ otherwise known as Ryan Gosney, ridiculous game from Sholing’s keeper!

Massive result, 12 point lead in the league now, albeit with Totton having three games in hand.

He did play well. I enjoyed watching some of those saves. He's a great keeper, probably the best shot stopper I've seen below Conference South level and seems to have cut down the mistakes this season.

Going to be a close run thing still for the title.

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

They aren’t really are they. We are down whatever Leeds do

You’re right. A part of me still hopes we will get rid of Jones after Saturday and hopefully employ someone competent buts it’s all relatively futile now. 

1 minute ago, LGTL said:

You’re right. A part of me still hopes we will get rid of Jones after Saturday and hopefully employ someone competent buts it’s all relatively futile now. 

Even if Leeds lose we still need 4 more points than them and Everton over the last 17 games. It doesn’t sound a lot but when we’ve been the worst team in the league by a mile over the last year or so it’s huge. No one can say we haven’t earned our relegation anyway 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Five points from safety then…..

we are fucked 

Feels like us and Bournemouth are gone. And it will be one out of Leicester, Wolves, West Ham, Leeds and Everton. 

Personally I don’t see Everton or West Ham going down…

If I had to pick one now maybe I’d go Leicester to fall in.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Five points from safety then…..

we are fucked 

Sorry, the forum experts have already told you that the relegation fight doesn't even start until Easter so it doesn't matter right now. Because of Marian Pahars and Matt Le Tiss or something.

• Like 1