2022/23 Other games

Lighthouse

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

And they’ve gone there in their tens of thousands you know they’ll be disappointed they’ve not even had a goal to cheer.

don’t most clubs take 10s of thousands to cup finals?

Many of them actually walked there

Sad to see Murphy wave bye bye to the Man Utd players, as they go to collect their trophy.

Sad to see Bruno finish his man child rolling about, only to find out his team didn't win.

Sad to see their murdering owners not quite get sportswashing over the line.

Sad to see the most, special fans on Earth, doing exactly what everyone else does, but in a more special way, come away with nothing.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, badgerx16 said:

So ? If we had got to the final the media would not have been wanking over our history and the fact we 'deserved to be there'.

Fairly obvious isn’t it? We’ve won one trophy in our history which you’d need to be over 50 to have any memory of. We aren’t in a position to laugh at other clubs failures when it comes to winning stuff 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hawkswood said:

Oh thank god for that. Can't stand those pricks.  Always irritated me a little with their "" best fans in the country "" nonsense , but definitely my new go to hate club.

At least one result went my way this weekend :)

Me too. I can’t stand them and their self titled best fans in the world, just like that lot down the road. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Me too. I can’t stand them and they’re self titled best fans in the world, just like that lot down the road. 

There was a bit before the game when it was claimed their amazing city has a population of over 800k....

Just bollox

12 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

There was a bit before the game when it was claimed their amazing city has a population of over 800k....

Just bollox

In fairness, statistics on population are always contentious as I have found in many a pub quiz where you have to list the largest cities in the UK. 800k is about right if you look at the Tynside area rather than Newcastle itself. But then wikipedia puts Southampton's urban population at 855k.

I was listening to the run up on BBC and they were just as bad. Steve Crossman was nauseating about the amazing gordie fans, he built up how loud the noise would be when the Newcastle team sheet was read out and it just didn't happen, there was a very ordinary cheer. The fawning over the newest rich team is irritating.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kenilworthy said:

In fairness, statistics on population are always contentious as I have found in many a pub quiz where you have to list the largest cities in the UK. 800k is about right if you look at the Tynside area rather than Newcastle itself. But then wikipedia puts Southampton's urban population at 855k.

exactly, and the Southampton metropolitan population is something like 1.5m.

That stat would not be used if we were in the cup final....

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

exactly, and the Southampton metropolitan population is something like 1.5m.

That stat would not be used if we were in the cup final....

The population of Hampshire is about 1,856,800 of which Southampton is about 220,000 and Portsmouth 210,000. Newcastle upon Tyne itself was about 298,264 in mid 2021. It all depends on where you draw the borders. Back in my Chamber of Commerce days Eastleigh and Fareham were each around 120,000.

All very argumentative.

1 hour ago, Fan The Flames said:

I was listening to the run up on BBC and they were just as bad. Steve Crossman was nauseating about the amazing gordie fans, he built up how loud the noise would be when the Newcastle team sheet was read out and it just didn't happen, there was a very ordinary cheer. The fawning over the newest rich team is irritating.

You have your answer there.

• Like 1

On 27/02/2023 at 13:50, cloggy saint said:

I guess most of the anti-Newcastle comments are born out of jealousy, which is fair enough, I'd be quite happy to be bought by some despotic regime with bottomless pockets.

Guess some of us are more principled

• Like 7