2022/23 Other games

Lighthouse

25 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Haven't seen it yet. Was it worse than what Fernandes did a little while back and got off scot free?

Just seen it and struggling to see how it is really different from Fernandes shoving the lineman in the back. Was expecting a di canio moment.

Edited by Baird of the land

25 minutes ago, nta786 said:

This is terrible for us. Willian and Mitrovic are banned for 3 games now at least, and Fulham's next three are...

Bournemouth, West Ham and Everton.

Watch all 3 of those win. 

I think that Willian will only miss 1 game as it wasn't violent conduct.

Mitrovic - seem to recall when a Saints player manhandled a ref we had a ten point reduction (even if this was in the Cup). Let’s see. Would be handy to have another relegation candidate…

(I know this won’t happen)

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3

I think the FA will throw the book at Mitovic, Silva and probably the club too; hefty fines and bans. That said, a touchline ban makes hardly any difference and Willian will be out for just a game so it’s only the Mitrovic suspension that will severely impact them (and benefit our rivals).

Think he was out injured for a while and they maintained good form then so maybe they’ll get the results we need.

But from a morale perspective I think this will damage them. Awful capitulation and I’ve got a feeling they’re form will nose dive

Leicester and Palace sleepwalking towards relegation certainly makes it more interesting.

It always happens.

How many times have we seen teams falter in the second half of the season and be dangerously lucky in the end? Same happens with teams fighting to stay up, teams looking down and out suddenly pick up a few unexpected points and somehow pull themselves out of it.

The same happens with teams gunning for promotion, you tend to have a runaway and then the other places are a free for all. Anyone can take points off of  the other.

Which is why it is vitally important that we go to the teams around us and make sure we take those points… 

Some of these teams I think have got a lot of fight in them and will stay up, Everton and Leeds for example. For us I think we’re very much on the fence.

9 hours ago, DT said:

I said at the time that we needed to go get him when Ralph was in his turgid period at the back end of last season. We have lower expectations than Everton, meaning it was even more laughable and unrealistic to have awarded a lucrative contract (and ultimately our survival chances) to that pillock from Luton. I still have to pinch myself at the stupidity of the board and Rasmus in particular, with his ego-driven belief in numbers and not common sense. We will pay for it by having many years in the Championship or even below. Which is very sad. Going to try and see Saints in the premier while i can as much as i can in the run up to being sent down by Brighton, probably. The only thing giving me a little optimism is our goal difference is currently not the worst, meaning being level on the last day may still be ok

Why? The PL, VAR and all the other shite that comes with it is as dismal as our home form.

Next season we've new teams to play and likely a win percentage about our current 20% to look forward to. Whats not to like

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Baird of the land said:

Just seen it and struggling to see how it is really different from Fernandes shoving the lineman in the back. Was expecting a di canio moment.

Mrs JBS commented the other day something came up on TV, that Fernandes getting off scot free for his shove in the back of the lino, was because the lino placed his hand on Fernandes first in the scenario! Its all half cocked, how many third player in, rushing of the referee has received a yellow since Lemina got pinged against us.  

One thing I noticed is how all the Man U players, especially Shaw, were screaming in the refs face for not seeing the handball that caused the whole incident in the first place. Ok, they obviously didn’t touch him but it’s the same ugly, disrespectful behaviour type as Mitrovic, and the same as we see many (especially the big teams) do every single week.

You can target Mitrovic and I think the FA will, but you need to stop ALL of this behaviour, not just the most extreme example. It’s ugly, unwarranted and a terrible example for kids. It really does need sorting IMHO

Edited by Chewy
Clarity
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Forster called up for England. 

Doesn’t that just epitomise big club bias?

I dunno who else you pick as third choice to be honest. Henderson, Pope injured. Butland, Johnstone, not playing.

Forster is playing in the PL regularly right now, bit of a no brainer really.

I remember when we had both McCarthy and Forster called up for England whilst they were here, there's nothing big club about it.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I dunno who else you pick as third choice to be honest. Henderson, Pope injured. Butland, Johnstone, not playing.

I remember when we had both McCarthy and Forster called up for England whilst they were here, there's nothing big club about it.

Fair points I guess.

Seems crazy though that a guy who's 35 and has only managed six caps in a career spanning nearly 18 years, puts in half a dozen bang average performances for Tottenham and gets rewarded with a call-up.  Fair play to him I guess, but it seems mental that there doesn't appear anyone else to give a chance to.

15 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

JWP was a captain and mainstay of the England U21 set up with Southgate.

The fact the Prowsy kicked on and became a fairly solid Premier League regularly and still doesn’t make the England squad, says more about Southgate than it does JWP’s ability.

It’s decisions like this where Southgate looses a lot of the fans backing. 90% of neutrals can see that the likes of Phillips shouldn’t be in the squad, Tomori and JWP should be in, etc.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

JWP was a captain and mainstay of the England U21 set up with Southgate.

The fact the Prowsy kicked on and became a fairly solid Premier League regularly and still doesn’t make the England squad, says more about Southgate than it does JWP’s ability.

It’s decisions like this where Southgate looses a lot of the fans backing. 90% of neutrals can see that the likes of Phillips shouldn’t be in the squad, Tomori and JWP should be in, etc.

The inclusion of Phillips is pretty comical really. Injured for most of the season, and spends much of his time on the bench at City. Am not saying JWP should be an England starter, but he has played every Premier League minute and is match fit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

The inclusion of Phillips is pretty comical really. Injured for most of the season, and spends much of his time on the bench at City. Am not saying JWP should be an England starter, but he has played every Premier League minute and is match fit. 

He was also injured most of last season too, so chances are he’ll never really be fully fit when he goes with England so it does make you think what’s the point. 

5 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Find this a bizarre one. Palace hadn’t exactly played badly and had just come off a horrendous run of fixtures.

Didn't they just got two or three games without a shot on goal? Doesn't sound like they played well if so. 

2 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Didn't they just got two or three games without a shot on goal? Doesn't sound like they played well if so. 

They also got battered 4-0 by Spurs (who as we know are all over the place at the moment) and lost to a Chelsea team that most teams are getting something out of. Whilst their run of fixtures looked difficult in terms of ‘names’, they’ve been terrible, and haven’t looked like picking up. Clearly Hodgson is not the long term solution but he knows the club and the league inside out, it seems a pretty logical short term plug until they can get a proper manager in the summer.

On 19/03/2023 at 21:44, woodsaint1 said:

Why? The PL, VAR and all the other shite that comes with it is as dismal as our home form.

Next season we've new teams to play and likely a win percentage about our current 20% to look forward to. Whats not to like

You want to get relegated, and think we will win lots of games in the Championship. Righto.

On 21/03/2023 at 17:31, DT said:

You want to get relegated, and think we will win lots of games in the Championship. Righto.

Where did I say I want us to get relegated? Im just a realist.

Where did I say we would win lots of games? I said it would be above our current win rate which it 100% will be