2022/23 Other games

Lighthouse

2 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Actually got a 3rd assist in the end too, 1G 3A.

Was never the wrong decision to replace him, but you've got to laugh at the fact that we'd probably have stayed up with him, Romeu and Forster getting minutes over the ones who have.

It actually was the wrong decision, taken into account who we replaced him with. The fact that we are still starting with Walcott tells you all you need to know 

• Like 2

Just now, Lee On Solent Saint said:

It actually was the wrong decision, taken into account who we replaced him with. The fact that we are still starting with Walcott tells you all you need to know 

Yeah completely agree. It was never the wrong decision to try to, I meant.

Similar with Forster and Bazunu.

Spurs you fucking chokers. Tbf Everton deserved that. Intensity, aggression, heart, and fire. All with superb noisy support. Basically the opposite of us. 

Edited by DT
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, DT said:

Spurs you fucking chokers. Tbf Everton deserved that. Intensity, aggression, heart, and fire. All with superb noisy support. Basically the opposite of us. 

Presumably you missed the last game before the international break...

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Couple of big games tonight at the bottom of the table….if it hasn’t been already been hammered into place it could be the final nail in the coffin depending on the outcomes. 
we can’t rely on ourselves so we need all the help to keep us afloat a little longer. 
Or just drag out the inevitable. 🤷🏻‍♂️

24 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Everyone just be glad when it’s all over? It’s like bleeding to death isn’t it

I find the hope of it all soul destroying. I know that we aren't getting out of this, but while it's still possible I find myself still believing. There is absolutely nothing between the bottom eight teams. The lack of quality this season is shocking. If we hadn't fucked up the games against the teams around us we would be fine. Gifting Wolves six points, Leeds and West Ham four, and losing at home to Everton and Forest is why we are going down. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

I find the hope of it all soul destroying. I know that we aren't getting out of this, but while it's still possible I find myself still believing. There is absolutely nothing between the bottom eight teams. The lack of quality this season is shocking. If we hadn't fucked up the games against the teams around us we would be fine. Gifting Wolves six points, Leeds and West Ham four, and losing at home to Everton and Forest is why we are going down. 

Probably the worst bit about it is we were all so optimistic in the summer. New owners, big money spent for us, it was meant to be a new dawn. It’s been a disaster, every single decision they’ve made has been wrong. The incompetence has been astonishing.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Probably the worst bit about it is we were all so optimistic in the summer. New owners, big money spent for us, it was meant to be a new dawn. It’s been a disaster, every single decision they’ve made has been wrong. The incompetence has been astonishing.

Agreed. Just so much as been fucked up. One or two mistakes we may have been able to get away with, but it's all been a complete cluster fuck. There are too many to list, but not signing a striker who can score goals and allowing Jones to manage us, are just comedy gold. If you told me that would happen at the end of last season, I would have questioned your sanity. Yet here we are. All we had to do was be a little less shit and rectify the mistakes this summer. We couldn't even beat ten men whilst being one nil up. That to me just sums up how shit this season has been.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Turkish said:

One of the only good things they did was to bring in Lavia but even that is overshadowed by losing Romeu.

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

The questions started for me when we let Romeu leave, AFTER Lavia sustained an injury that would keep him out for a while.

Of course, the happy clappers cheered this on....as per

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

The questions started for me when we let Romeu leave, AFTER Lavia sustained an injury that would keep him out for a while.

There's a lot of that on here.

"we desperately need a striker before the season starts"

Ohhh but Broja had 4.36 xG and Adams...blah blah blah

"we'd be crazy to not keep Forster around just in case this youngster doesn't pan out..."

Forster sv% blah blah blah

"what, a no-namer from mid table Luton! don't do it Saints"

Blah blah blah type of football...win %...front foot...blahhhh

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

not signing a striker who can score goals and allowing Jones to manage us, are just comedy gold. If you told me that would happen at the end of last season, I would have questioned your sanity. 

It is mental that a company with a turnover the size of Saints can make decisions like that when the whole damn thing depends on the 11 players on the pitch performing. I would love to see the process that led to those decisions being made.

Starting the season with Adams, Armstrong and Mara as our striking options was kamkazee stuff. Whoever was manager was doomed to be sacked from that moment onwards because we were never going to score enough goals. Appointing Jones was just bat-shit crazy, even ignoring his lack of experience, the clash of styles was never going to work.

39 minutes ago, qwertyell said:

8 game ban for Mitrovic.

First game back: Southampton (a).

I mean, we'll already be down by then, but fucking hell - just our luck.

So he's going to be banned from their games with Bournemouth, West Ham, Everton, Leeds and Leicester but back to play us - fucking brilliant.

Edited by aintforever
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Turkish said:

Everyone just be glad when it’s all over? It’s like bleeding to death isn’t it

I'm kinda resigned to it now, so any results from tonight make little difference in my outlook really. Already prepared for the Championship in my head, should make it easier to take when the inventible happens in a few weeks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, qwertyell said:

8 game ban for Mitrovic.

First game back: Southampton (a).

I mean, we'll already be down by then, but fucking hell - just our luck.

I think our game is his 8th and so will still be banned. Not that it will help much.

6 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

it all started with sackings of Watson & Davis from the coaching staff. Think about it and the timings of when they left. We've looked totally incompetent ever since.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Have you ever been happy or clapped anything to do with Saints?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Wayman said:

it all started with sackings of Watson & Davis from the coaching staff. Think about it and the timings of when they left. We've looked totally incompetent ever since.

Nah.

Its all Eric Blacks fault.

49 minutes ago, whelk said:

Have you ever been happy or clapped anything to do with Saints?

I don't really get annoyed by much but that bloke is an absolute helmet. Wouldn't be surprised if him and DT were also posting on some South Korean suicide forum.