2022/23 Other games

Lighthouse

10 hours ago, whelk said:

Why are City fans booing Cancelo?

I think he had some disagreement with Pep , the details of which I can't remember !

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11959963/Joao-Cancelo-appears-fire-shot-Pep-Guardiola-ahead-Man-City-reunion.html

Well , that would be it ,

Edited by East Kent Saint

11 hours ago, Turkish said:

Ref is having a shocker in the AC Milan v Napoli game. Falling for MIlan play acting every time. 

Seeing as its Italy probably a lovely Villa on the shores of lake Maggiore buried in the brown envelope, quite a few people I know who have been to Naples thought it to be a bit of a dump: so an easy choice for which one to take 🤪

25 minutes ago, Dimplex said:

Villa everything Saints aren’t. Pacy, aggressive and attacking. Emery is a very good  manager. 

There's a lot more they're better at us that than those. Threatening to overtake Spurs and finish 5th. Very good squad, very good manager - as CB Fry says, just proves what a terrible job Gerrard did there.

• Like 1

Hilarious to see Chelsea lose again.

It irritates me to say.. But fair play Bournemouth. They deserve to stay up. The spirit and determination of their players sums up exactly what is missing from our team. Ours couldn't care less it seems.. Infuriating. 

Edited by BotleySaint
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

excellent dive by their player for the penalty

I know eh, none of the commentary team even addressed that either. 

Now Saka has bottled pen and just like that it's 2-2. FFS!

Edited by OttawaSaint

34 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

If we had either of Forest's keepers we wouldn't be in the relegation zone.

However Navas palmed the ball across his 6 yard box for the first United goal and did exactly the same thing in the second half, but somehow that time the ball dribbled between the 3 onrushing United forwards. He certainly also made some good saves, but had that been Bazunu we would be ignoring the good saves and still be blaming him for the first goal and the subsequent loss.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, CamSaint said:

However Navas palmed the ball across his 6 yard box for the first United goal and did exactly the same thing in the second half, but somehow that time the ball dribbled between the 3 onrushing United forwards. He certainly also made some good saves, but had that been Bazunu we would be ignoring the good saves and still be blaming him for the first goal and the subsequent loss.

United's first goal was a brilliant save at full stretch, and the second time he palmed it out into a semi-dangerous area it was his touch which stopped three United players tapping it in.

Bazunu had a tame effort straight at him and chose to palm it straight to a Palace attacker out of all the available options.

6 hours ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Thus is what's so hilarious/depressing, safety really shouldn't have been that hard this season.

Basically why we are still loosely in touch with the rest.. Feels like we should be further adrift. But lots of others have been really bad too. 

I had a look at last year's table after 31 games. We'd currently be 19th under Watford on goal diff.

Burnley were on 28pts by this stage. They went down despite having accrued 35pts.

Edited by BotleySaint

On 16/04/2023 at 18:33, CamSaint said:

Had that been Bazunu, there wouldn't have been any saves. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

To get relegated this season you have to have been proper shit.

😂

And to finish on less than 30 points! Honestly, terrible.

The worst PL team in our history, these players have got a cracking accolade to take with them for the rest of their careers. 2005 was bad, but this lot are 10x worse. That's why I'd be happy to see the back of every single one of them, they're all damaged goods now.

No ingenuity, no desire, no belief, no resilience. We're fucking clueless. These players should hang their heads in shame. To be relegated this year of all shows how fucking diabolical our managers have been, and our scouting network is.