2022/23 Other games

Lighthouse

9 minutes ago, Raging Bull said:

I can only guess that Robertson had hold of him 1st?

in which case Robertson deserves a Glasgow kiss. Whinging little bitch. 

Oh I’ve no doubt that Robertson is far from innocent, looks like he’s been swearing at and insulting that lino all the first half as well, but I don’t think they’ll be able to let that sort of reaction from an official just slide.

15 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

WTF?!?

Konate missed a huge sitter. 

Thought he must have been offside, but he’s behind the ball when it’s headed back across. The bounce makes it slightly awkward with Konate having to try to chest it in, and Ramsdale makes an absolute world-class save.

3 hours ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Just shows you what an experienced manager can bring to a team in a relegation battle. Still, SR knew best. 

That’s both Dyche and Woy who’ve come into their clubs and turned things round. 

But not for us. Thanks Rasmus, you cunt. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Robertson really is a little rat isn’t he.

The level of hand wringing in the NBC studio between Rebecca Lowe, Robbie Earle and Tim Howard is so cringey. (Instant sacking, will never officiate again, if it were a fan, they'd be jailed, etc.) Not once discussing the cuntworthiness of Robertson.

13 minutes ago, Badger said:

Dyche is out of the drop zone on GD and has one win in seven. In fact I believe he is on the same points per game as Selles since both have been in charge.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Dyche is out of the drop zone on GD and has one win in seven. In fact I believe he is on the same points per game as Selles since both have been in charge.

Wow! I thought they’d picked up under him a bit, been a bit better organised and got a few draws as well. Glad they’re struggling. Just a shame we don’t seem to be able to take advantage. 

55 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Thought he must have been offside, but he’s behind the ball when it’s headed back across. The bounce makes it slightly awkward with Konate having to try to chest it in, and Ramsdale makes an absolute world-class save.

Yeah just seen the replay. Notv as bad as it looked at the time and incredible reflexes from Ramsdale.

2 hours ago, JRM said:

Man City's title now I think, Arsenal have a really tough run of fixtures coming up including a trip to City. 

They look unstoppable at the moment. I know beating us is no achievement but the football they’ve been playing recently is on another level. Be interesting to see if they can keep it going now the champions league is at the later stages. 

2 hours ago, JRM said:

Man City's title now I think, Arsenal have a really tough run of fixtures coming up including a trip to City. 

I think they're both a little flaky - too early to call a winner. Arsenal's run in looks harder, but City's schedule is more demanding. 

3 hours ago, JRM said:

Eh? Apart from the City game, they’ve only really got Newcastle to worry about. Their next highest placed opponent is Brighton (7th) at home.

5 hours ago, Badger said:

Add Lopetegui at Wolves and Emery at Villa. Both appointed around the time we appointed Nathan Jones.

Another damning stat mentioned on Sky involving us earlier, as well. Leeds have only kept one clean sheet in their last 11 matches...

9 hours ago, Turkish said:

So Arsenal have a 9 point lead with 7 to play 

All Man City need to do is win the game in hand and beat Arsenal at home. After that just match Arsenal's results.  

Personally I think Arsenal will find the London derbies v West Ham and Chelsea tricky and drop points at Newcastle as well 

Champions league could be a distraction for City but they have what it takes to put a league run together when the pressure is on 

15 hours ago, Raging Bull said:

I can only guess that Robertson had hold of him 1st?

in which case Robertson deserves a Glasgow kiss. Whinging little bitch. 

Jut saw that clip.

Robertson goes out of his way to go right across the pitch for a right old moan at the official. I didn;t see him hold the official, but he's mouthing away in his personal space. The official reacts with an elbow jab that catches Robertson right in the chin. The offical is either 1) anticipating physical contact and making an reactive motion to get the guy clear 2) reacted to something robertson has said and has made a movement to get shot of him, by raising his arm to get him away from his space as per 1. 3) Got sick of yet another whiny, moany sweary player thinking that they can get in the face of officials and has done the game a service.

'Sky Sports pundit Roy Keane called the Reds player a "big baby" for his reaction.

"Robertson should be more worried about his defending," said Keane. "Just get on with the game. He grabs the linesman first."'

It is important that the authorities review this. Because that's a normal reaction to receiving a little jab to the chin. So, every single player from now on that rolls around clutching their face, should receive an automatic yellow. Moany dissent on receiving a yellow, gets another one. Utter man children.

• Like 2

It looked like Robertson did put his hands on first and the Lino shrugged him off but caught his chin ! Apparently the match officials have previous with Liverpool . 
The Prem etc need to really clamp down on players approaching officials , only the captain etc . During the match when it got heated the other players did a good job of separating the warring parties !

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Fucking hell, Wrexham v notts county was some second half. Penalty saved 6 mins into injury time to keep it  3-2…

Stuff watching the champions league, that was a real cracking game. Brilliant !!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 64saint said:

Stuff watching the champions league, that was a real cracking game. Brilliant !!

Travesty if County don’t go up, both sides belong in the EFL. Should be 3-up, 3-down between League 2 and National League.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, saint1977 said:

Travesty if County don’t go up, both sides belong in the EFL. Should be 3-up, 3-down between League 2 and National League.

Play offs are a bit of a lottery in the national league. Team finishing seventh plays as in a quarter final. Would be a travesty if County already on 97 points miss out and the team finishing seventh go up.  Oh hang on...that's Eastleigh, on 65 points maybe not !! 🙄🤣

Edited by 64saint
  • Haha 1

I just noticed John Bostock scored for Notts County. He was a massively rated player as a youngster with huge hype he was going to be the next big thing. Spurs caused controversy when they paid  about £1m for him when he was 15.  I don’t think he ever played a premier league game and spent most of his career around the lower leagues or minor leagues abroad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

I just noticed John Bostock scored for Notts County. He was a massively rated player as a youngster with huge hype he was going to be the next big thing. Spurs caused controversy when they paid  about £1m for him when he was 15.  I don’t think he ever played a premier league game and spent most of his career around the lower leagues or minor leagues abroad. 

He scored a brilliant free kick, was a excellent game, crazy for non league, if you had told me it was a championship level game I'd believe you ,

Edited by JRM
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 64saint said:

Play offs are a bit of a lottery in the national league. Team finishing seventh plays as in a quarter final. Would be a travesty if County already on 97 points miss out and the team finishing seventh go up.  Oh hang on...that's Eastleigh, on 65 points maybe not !! 🙄🤣

County have 100 already , incredible if they don't go up , Eastleigh in the league would be good 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, JRM said:

County have 100 already , incredible if they don't go up , Eastleigh in the league would be good 

Currently 24 points above 3rd! Imagine if they lose out in the play offs. Crowds Wrexham and county get no way should they be in the conference anyway. There are worse supported clubs in the championship 

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

Was that the player when Simon Jordan was chairman? If so, he still mentions it to this day, every time the creeping interests of the Big Clubs once again reach out to take from everyone else. Once of the threads of that, and one that I've not heard Jordan gloat or be smug about, as there's a person involved, is the wasted potential that Bostock might have capitalised on, if getting regular football at that level through Palace. Hard to say, as any number of players fall away. But as you say, he was particularly highly rated at the time.

22 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Was that the player when Simon Jordan was chairman? If so, he still mentions it to this day, every time the creeping interests of the Big Clubs once again reach out to take from everyone else. Once of the threads of that, and one that I've not heard Jordan gloat or be smug about, as there's a person involved, is the wasted potential that Bostock might have capitalised on, if getting regular football at that level through Palace. Hard to say, as any number of players fall away. But as you say, he was particularly highly rated at the time.

Yes same guy. I googled him after seeing that and seems like Jordan was very annoyed with Bostock and his dad. 

Meanwhile, England’s unbeaten run under Weigman ended at 30 games by Australia.

Incredible achievement, and better now than in the World Cup, but a well below par performance tonight and no doubt England will have to figure out a way to counter those sort of tactics in the World Cup this summer.

• Like 2