2022/23 Other games

Lighthouse

1 minute ago, bpsaint said:

Not sure a point makes too much a difference in fairness, it’s all hinging on Leeds winning tomorrow 

it does, Had Everton lost, Leeds would have only needed to draw tomorrow to go into the last game with it in their own hands

4 minutes ago, stknowle said:

Wham can't go down now. Won't be going balls out against Leeds tomorrow you would hope. That and a Forest win tonight would make things very interesting.

I hope not...they have been crap after european games....I hope that is the case anyway

Edited by AlexLaw76

Annoying that Everton got the equaliser, especially as it seems like the final whistle should have long gone when they got it, but dropping two points does mean that their fate isn’t in their own hands at the moment, with their position threatened by two different teams.

Admittedly in a relegation battle having the points on the board is more valuable, but they’re certainly not in a comfortable position.

58 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

it does, Had Everton lost, Leeds would have only needed to draw tomorrow to go into the last game with it in their own hands

Fairs, with Leeds to play Spurs on the final day and Everton playing Bournemouth I’d have thought Leeds would need to target 2 wins regardless

44 minutes ago, obelisk said:

It's almost like watching a relegation scrap from a position of safety. In a way I'm glad our bottlers aren't involved. Better for the blood pressure.

It's weird isn't it? They say relegation scraps are stressful, intense etc, but I've felt more relaxed in the last few months than I have for many years at this stage of the season. Only we could have made relegation comfortable.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

It's weird isn't it? They say relegation scraps are stressful, intense etc, but I've felt more relaxed in the last few months . Only we could have made relegation comfortable.

Well not really tbf. Fans of Derby a few years back and Sheffield Utd 2 seasons ago probably felt their relegations were quite comfortable.

I watched Wolves v Everton earlier. Fucking hell, it was annoying.

Wolves were all over them and if it wasn’t for more Pickford heroics and Wolves being so profligate they’d have come away with that a 4,5 nil loss.

and you just had that horrible feeling that if they don’t get a 2nd, Everton would nick one - and they did.

I really really hope both Leeds and Leicester win tomorrow to really put Everton under the cosh. Don’t care which one of those stays up, just hope Everton go down.

6 minutes ago, Crab Lungs said:

Wolves were all over them and if it wasn’t for more Pickford heroics and Wolves being so profligate they’d have come away with that a 4,5 nil loss.

and you just had that horrible feeling that if they don’t get a 2nd, Everton would nick one - and they did.

I really really hope both Leeds and Leicester win tomorrow to really put Everton under the cosh. Don’t care which one of those stays up, just hope Everton go down.

Unfortunately, looks like they will get away with it. If all they need to stay up next week is beat a disinterested Bournemouth, should be comfortable for them

9 minutes ago, Crab Lungs said:

it was infuriating, wasn't it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Unfortunately, looks like they will get away with it. If all they need to stay up next week is beat a disinterested Bournemouth, should be comfortable for them

Biggest risk to them is probably that Leeds have a half-decent chance of taking six points off of West Ham that will be concentrating on the cup now, and Spurs that have been really inconsistent away from home. That would take it out of their hands.

Everton’s injuries mean that a result against Bournemouth is by no means guaranteed either.

Whatever happens it’s going to the last day.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

I’m clinging to the hope Bournemouth turn up. Really clinging.

• Like 1

I still quite like the fixtures Leeds have. Spurs at home on the last day is a pretty nice one considering just how hopeless they tend to be. Big Sam winning away at former club West Ham and then sending down Everton after his history with them would be a lovely bit of narrative - and no doubt he would love it too.

Would really enjoy seeing Everton (and Dyche) go down. But I am pretty resigned to them getting a result at Goodison against Bournemouth on the final day. 

Edited by CSA96

19 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Leeds now need to win at West Ham tomorrow, instead of draw...ffs

With West Ham safe and on the beach before their Euro final, and Sam in the Leeds dugout, you have to hope Leeds can get a win there. Not that i care so much but it would be cool to see Everton drop as they say that may scupper the takeover they have going on.

• Like 1

Often an infuriating player but I’d take Bamford in the Championship next season. A level he thrives at although not thinking he would step down if Leeds do stay up

Edited by whelk

9 minutes ago, whelk said:

Often an infuriating player but I’d take Bamford in the Championship next season. A level he thrives at although not thinking he would step down if Leeds do stay up

Agree with this. he’s an excellent player on his day. saying that, he has been an absolute calamity so far today  😂

Just now, S-Clarke said:

Leeds handing it on a plate to WHU, think that's them done and dusted. 

Everton safe by their finger nails once again.

Hopefully a points deduction kicks in next season for Everton - a long, slow, painful relegation.

Just now, Katalinic said:

Hopefully a points deduction kicks in next season for Everton - a long, slow, painful relegation.

Would love to see it, but I don't think the PL have the guts. It'll end up under that big carpet which is currently full of Man City's findings as well.

• Like 1