2022/23 Other games

Lighthouse

11 hours ago, JRM said:

He'd be good for us in the championship especially as cover for Livramento. 

For me if Luton get promoted it will also prove a shift away from reliance on gate receipts, we've already got Bournemouth in the Premier league with 10k ground, Luton would be the same, Brentford 17k, no need for big capacities to fund the team

The moral of all this is we should have stayed at The Dell. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/luton-town-currently-wont-allowed-110948371.html

Luton Town currently won't be allowed to play Premier League football if they get promoted

Luton Town have to pay £10m in stadium refurbishments to abide by Premier League rules

2 minutes ago, whelk said:

Yeah mental but FFS Peterborough defending shocking

Great drama, but given how utter toss P'Boro have been all night , they should have got 4 before then!

Only one winner now, just a case of how many Weds score in the 30 mins I think. P'Boro are absolutely gone now.

Was just watching the end of the West Ham game, all started getting a bit feisty after the final whistle but couldn't tell what was going on because annoyingly the cameras don't show it.

The skate commentator Ian Darke was eulogising about how this was one of the greatest moments in their history which seems a bit over the top since they've largely been playing teams not many people even knew existed most of the way through the tournament.

"Their first major European final in 47 years."

Does this count as major final? It's a lucky, lucky losers cup!

4 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Was just watching the end of the West Ham game, all started getting a bit feisty after the final whistle but couldn't tell what was going on because annoyingly the cameras don't show it.

The skate commentator Ian Darke was eulogising about how this was one of the greatest moments in their history which seems a bit over the top since they've largely been playing teams not many people even knew existed most of the way through the tournament.

I'd be buzzing off my tits if we were playing in the final of that competition. A chance to win silverware against European opponents doesn't come round often, for most clubs it literally has and will never happen.

• Like 1

Just now, Saint_clark said:

I'd be buzzing off my tits if we were playing in the final of that competition. A chance to win silverware against European opponents doesn't come round often, for most clubs it literally has and will never happen.

I remember playing in an under 12's tournament when we went out in the group stage but got to the final of the plate tournament. Was very excited. Seems a bit like that.

10 minutes ago, The Cat said:

The fact they might play Basel in final says it all

15 minutes ago, The Cat said:

It’s the European version of the JPT. 

Pointless tournament, but winning it gets you a place in the Europa league next season, so if you’re in it, you may as well had try and win it. 

Personally I think it would be great if it was us in the Europa Conference final.

Would be brilliant, with an additional benefit of watching people on this forum moan like fuck about fixture congestion for every step of the way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Personally I think it would be great if it was us in the Europa Conference final.

Would be brilliant, with an additional benefit of watching people on this forum moan like fuck about fixture congestion for every step of the way.

Oh for the days when the league cup was beneath us. People wanted champions league or nothing, they got nothing. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Oh don't get me wrong, if it was us I'd have been irrationally overexcited about playing some Moldovan team away from home and trying to avoid getting filled in after playing Alkmaar.

I bet there's some West Ham fans who have been moaning about the fact they could have finished 10th if they didn't have all the Conference games.

2 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Oh don't get me wrong, if it was us I'd have been irrationally overexcited about playing some Moldovan team away from home and trying to avoid getting filled in after playing Alkmaar.

I bet there's some West Ham fans who have been moaning about the fact they could have finished 10th if they didn't have all the Conference games.

TBH at the end of the day I will treasure the time we came 14th or was it 15th or 16th far more than going on the piss in Milan for a couple of days. Remember seeing the merit payments table and realising we had £3million more and swinging my rattle with joy

Edited by whelk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

How are Wednesday behind again FFS? this is a crazy game, what you don't expect. I thought they'd make light work of the extra time.

Fans and players are well up for it, we’d have just accepted the loss if we were 4-0 down and our fans moaning about no chance of winning 

2 minutes ago, whelk said:

TBH at the end of the day I will treasure the time we came 14th or was it 15th or 16th far more than going on the piss in Milan for a couple of days.

The 3-1 home win v Fulham 3rd last game of the season to secure 15th, wow what a memory

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

The 3-1 home win v Fulham 3rd last game of the season to secure 15th, wow what a memory

I just wished I had taken some phone footage of when we had a corner to play back to the kids

8 hours ago, The Cat said:

You'd be demanding a statue of ralph had we made that final with him as manager

Edited by AlexLaw76

Watching the build up to the Spurs Brentford match and I have many emotions regarding the likes of Brentford, Brighton and Fulham being successful in the EPL. I feel jealous, envious of their set up and playing to their potential and at the same time anger at how Saints have made so many organisational mistakes and not played to our potential, IMO we’re should be better than the results we have been getting.

I hope that we get the best, successful, good man management, available manager in next. If we can afford £18m on a panic January transfer striker then we can afford a really good proven manager, if they want to come here!! But latest news of Russell Martin feels like they are throwing the dice again.

Edited by M271

50 minutes ago, M271 said:

Watching the build up to the Spurs Brentford match and I have many emotions regarding the likes of Brentford, Brighton and Fulham being successful in the EPL. I feel jealous, envious of their set up and playing to their potential

Five years ago those three teams would have looked at us with the same feelings, that's the nature of a cyclical game, which for the most part football is.

53 minutes ago, M271 said:

Watching the build up to the Spurs Brentford match and I have many emotions regarding the likes of Brentford, Brighton and Fulham being successful in the EPL. I feel jealous, envious of their set up and playing to their potential and at the same time anger at how Saints have made so many organisational mistakes and not played to our potential, IMO we’re should be better than the results we have been getting.

Cheer yourself up by looking at Sheffield Wednesday and Stoke and West Brom and QPR and Derby and so on.

1 hour ago, M271 said:

I hope that we get the best, successful, good man management, available manager in next. If we can afford £18m on a panic January transfer striker then we can afford a really good proven manager, if they want to come here!! But latest news of Russell Martin feels like they are throwing the dice again.

We were there though, as cloggy said. We experienced what Brighton and Brentford are going through, it was great fun but it's simply not sustainable when it's built on a sell-to-buy model, and those clubs will have to follow the same model without Saudi backing.

In a few years time they will be slogging around at the bottom end of the league again, and I reckon they'll be back in the Championship at some point in the next 10 years. It's just par the course for clubs like us, we'll hit a formula that works for a bit, the big clubs rip the hell out of us for trying, and that's the end of that.

It's the food chain of top level football, that will never change.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1