2022/23 Other games

Lighthouse

24 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

My biggest consolation is that Jones must be gutted !!

Both he and Bree deserve some credit for the promotion and must be gutted today to have left them and come to St Mary's.  Fair play to Luton Town, that's two grounds in the Premier league with 10k capacity now 

• Like 1

Jordan Clark the Luton player’s interview was one of the best I’ve ever seen from a footballer. No clichéd media savvy thick crap came out of his mouth, no wonder Luton went up with blokes like that in the team who came from the lower reaches of English football.

Character and mentality is worth a huge amount in the championship and I hope our stats spreadsheet playbook bellends take that into account during the transfer window.

• Like 2

What a story for Luton, certainly interesting to see an unusual face in the PL rather than the likes of Norwich, WBA or Watford - boring as hell.

But I kinda fear for Luton a bit, I do not see how they can compete in the PL. It's going to be a tall order and it could be quite a humbling year for them if they're not careful (not that they give a shit now, but come next January they'll probably hate it)

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

What a story for Luton, certainly interesting to see an unusual face in the PL rather than the likes of Norwich, WBA or Watford - boring as hell.

But I kinda fear for Luton a bit, I do not see how they can compete in the PL. It's going to be a tall order and it could be quite a humbling year for them if they're not careful (not that they give a shit now, but come next January they'll probably hate it)

Not necessarily. Didn't everyone have Bournemouth to finish bottom this year? 

A club who prioritises the local community as well in stark contrast to our corporate speaking superior acting utter gimps who chased the PL tourist money at the expense of the old school Southampton city fanbase 

Edited by Mixedkebab
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Not necessarily. Didn't everyone have Bournemouth to finish bottom this year? 

Some may have, but they did already have a nucleus of PL experience in that side (Cook, Billing, Solanke, Kelly etc). Luton is a great story but they need stacks more work. Be interesting to see how they approach it, as I thought the quality on show today from them was pretty poor.

32 minutes ago, Mixedkebab said:

Jordan Clark the Luton player’s interview was one of the best I’ve ever seen from a footballer. No clichéd media savvy thick crap came out of his mouth, no wonder Luton went up with blokes like that in the team who came from the lower reaches of English football.

Character and mentality is worth a huge amount in the championship and I hope our stats spreadsheet playbook bellends take that into account during the transfer window.

Agree, and he looked quite a a natural stood there with a microphone.

and my word, that Rob Edwards one. Even I was welling up. 🥹

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Imagine being James Bree right now. Left Luton in January hardly played, relegated now Luton come up.

Couldn’t really have gone much worse for the fella

I'm guessing his bank balance is a lot healthier though.

14 hours ago, manji said:

They are calling this the £170m game for either team when one of the gets in the PL. To put that in perspective Dragan has just chucked £400m at us in the last month.

Is this £400m in the room with you now?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, SotonianWill said:

Everton fans abusing their team at HT... in a game they need to win as it stands. Not the best thinking is it, they'll probably go into the dressing room thinking why tf should I help keep these lot up

It's what we'd do I reckon.

Come on, Bournemouth. 

Everton'll shithouse a goal from somewhere, unfortunately. Bournemouth are putting in an honest shift, but they've not got a threat going forward.

Everton are diving and rolling around every time they get in the box. They'll wear the ref down eventually.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, qwertyell said:

Come on, Bournemouth. 

Everton'll shithouse a goal from somewhere, unfortunately. Bournemouth are putting in an honest shift, but they've not got a threat going forward.

Everton are diving and rolling around every time they get in the box. They'll wear the ref down eventually.

The thought of Leeds AND everton going down. But then we'd still have to play them next year ffs

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Just seen Everton’s team. Their squad really is crap isn’t it.

Not a lot of options on the bench, may as well chuck Ellis Simms on and have another attacker up top.

This game is screaming 0-0.

The game is fairly dead, but you can sense a dodgy gray penalty or a lucky long ranger from one of the Everton midfielders

Edited by SotonianWill

2 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Gary Neville saying the fans are the best thing about Everton. That would be the same fans that send death threats to board members. Muppet.

one then even showed their love by putting a female board member in a headlock

• Like 1