2022/23 Other games

Lighthouse

11 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Nasty shirt, nasty sentiment and probably a nasty person.

However, is there really a law in the UK that means you can be arrested for wearing a t-shirt like that?

The Phil Schofield of football fans 

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

My gripe with VAR is that it is re-refereeing the game and destroys the flow, the rhythm and the excitement but more than that it is less accurate than the person who is right there in the middle.

It could be such a great tool, but the remit is all wrong imo. Of course you have to scrutinise every goal, but other than that it should be used when the on field official asks for it.

In the old days the ref would ask the Lino if he was unsure of what happened. The problem now is that the referees don’t give things because they know if it’s a horrendous cock up, it’ll be overturned. You then get the situation where the ref thinks it’s probably a pen, but doesn’t give it safe in the knowledge that VAR will put it right if it’s horrendously wrong, but the VAR doesn’t give it because, although a pen, it wasn’t completely clear and obvious. I’d use it at the refs request, when he’s unsure or unsighted, it should be on field driven. At the moment it’s the tail wagging the dog. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Nasty shirt, nasty sentiment and probably a nasty person.

However, is there really a law in the UK that means you can be arrested for wearing a t-shirt like that?

Likely breach of the peace. Cops likely right in this instance. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miltonaggro said:

Likely breach of the peace. Cops likely right in this instance. 

I would have thought breach of the peace only if someone complained that they were offended...

Where is the line though for slogans on t-shirts (ignoring this particular one as he seems like an absolute belter)?

If I wore an "Elyuseless is shit" t-shirt would that be breach of the peace (even though 100% true!)?

23 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

He's been charged https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-65804154

Who knew that was a thing!  Apparently can attract up to 6 months in prison.

There will always be something in law to stop vile messaging. Obviously wouldnt be applied to a Viz Rude Kid T shirt but this piece of shit will get it. Just heard it on radio news so clearly going to have some scrutiny

Other games.   Have just followed the SPL play-off Ross County v. Partick Thistle.

Having lost the away leg 0-2 ,  Ross County conceded again and were then 0-3 down after 50 mins.

Great fightback to 3-3 - in 91st minute - and in resulting penalty shoot out, JOSH SIMS (was 87th minute sub.)

SCORED the deciding penalty and Ross County will now retain their place in the SPL next season.

Always like to follow former players and would many admit that Josh was unlucky not to get regular game time 

when he was with us, and always DAJFU when given the opportunity.   Many will remember his great assist

to Shane Long when we beat Liverpool at Anfield  in League Cup SF some years back. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, david in sweden said:

Other games.   Have just followed the SPL play-off Ross County v. Partick Thistle.

Having lost the away leg 0-2 ,  Ross County conceded again and were then 0-3 down after 50 mins.

Great fightback to 3-3 - in 91st minute - and in resulting penalty shoot out, JOSH SIMS (was 87th minute sub.)

SCORED the deciding penalty and Ross County will now retain their place in the SPL next season.

Always like to follow former players and would many admit that Josh was unlucky not to get regular game time 

when he was with us, and always DAJFU when given the opportunity.   Many will remember his great assist

to Shane Long when we beat Liverpool at Anfield  in League Cup SF some years back. 

Was a truly amazing end to the game. 

they have a very weird set up for the playoffs in Scotland though. I follow the Scottish football very closely, and having been along to Annan quite a bit was happy to see their promotion. As well as Carlisle my home city now. Shame Saints screwed it all. 🙄 

7 hours ago, HarvSFC said:

Burnley back in pre-season already. Interesting strategy, see how it plays out when the season starts.

They'd already had a month off , think this is just two weeks isn't it then they have another break. 

25 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

After all the names linked with Spurs they get Postecoglou. Will be found out there and won't last the season.

I'd be fairly non-plussed if he was announced as Saints new manager, I don't really see what he's done that suggests he can get Spurs into the top 4.

#delightedtobeprovenwrong

#actuallyidon'tcareeitherwayitsTottenham

9 hours ago, JRM said:

They'd already had a month off , think this is just two weeks isn't it then they have another break. 

Not quite.  Those not on international duty will have a 10 day training camp then a 10 day break before all the squad is assembled.  It makes sense for all the squad to be at a similar fitness level rather than having groups doing different things because of differing levels of fitness and training at the start of the season.

38 minutes ago, The Cat said:

It was also 7 a side and the teams featured current, ex and guest players. 

Do some basic fact checking Alex before posting shit. 

lee Trundle played mate., he is nearly 47  They had 39 shots on goal.  It was a pasting

If that offends you, I suggest you have the problem, not anyone else.

Edited by AlexLaw76

9 hours ago, skintsaint said:

After all the names linked with Spurs they get Postecoglou. Will be found out there and won't last the season.

Gone by November I reckon. Even Selles would win the league if he was Celtic manager the SPL is that shite

57 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

lee Trundle played mate., he is nearly 47  They had 39 shots on goal.  It was a pasting

I believe it was only 20 minutes each way as well, so unfortunately the ladies didn't come out of it too well.  Quite a few tubers in the US jumping on this one to highlight that perhaps equality in pay for male and female soccer players is probably not justified just yet. 

19 hours ago, CB Fry said:

I'd be fairly non-plussed if he was announced as Saints new manager, I don't really see what he's done that suggests he can get Spurs into the top 4.

#delightedtobeprovenwrong

#actuallyidon'tcareeitherwayitsTottenham

I know what you mean although I’d have been happy to have him as Saints manger. There are times when you have to take a risk and I think he is a risk worth taking for because of how he manages the players both in terms of personality and his ability to get his tactical plans across - no triggers or strict robotic game plan only a framework to work in.  

Even though he’s only managed in lesser leagues, he’s done well and had successes so knows what winning is about and his teams play good attacking football. 

22 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Does women playing football offend you?

• Like 1