January 2023 Transfer Window

mcbendy

17 minutes ago, DT said:

I didn't see your last post as I don't eagerly await them and don't find them interesting. It's basically because of his pace and power. i can't offer you 'intel' beyond that because it is gut feeling and I am not a scout. Sorry for expressing that in a football forum where people express opinions. Have you been round for tea at Trousers' house or are you the same person? Wow, didn't realise this got people so 'angwy'. Boo hoo.

Okay. I’m not angry about it it’s just interesting that a player we are highly likely to sign that no one has heard of until two to threes ago is your ideal signing based on gut feel and no actual knowledge or intelligence of him. You are welcome to your opinion pal as we all are. Thanks for confirming yours is based on nothing. 

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Okay. I’m not angry about it it’s just interesting that a player we are highly likely to sign that no one has heard of until two to threes ago is your ideal signing based on gut feel and no actual knowledge or intelligence of him. You are welcome to your opinion pal as we all are. Thanks for confirming yours is based on nothing. 

Ooh you’re so cutting and clever. I don’t give a toss what you think at all about anything ever, just so you know. I’m perfectly entitled to think anything I like about footballers I admire for reasons cited under duress. And I am definitely not your pal. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

I think Sulemana is our 'striker'. That will probably be the height of our business, maybe a last ditch attempt for the Leece CM but not much else.

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

I think Sulemana is our 'striker'. That will probably be the height of our business, maybe a last ditch attempt for the Leece CM but not much else.

Definitely.

I'd love to be proven wrong but if anyone realistically expects us to sign an out-and-out striker on top of Sulemana at £20m~, then I fully respect your misguided optimism.

8 minutes ago, DT said:

Ooh you’re so cutting and clever. I don’t give a toss what you think at all about anything ever, just so you know. I’m perfectly entitled to think anything I like about footballers I admire for reasons cited under duress. And I am definitely not your pal. 

Looks like it’s you get angry alpine. Have a chocolate bar to calm down 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Hes a wide player not an out and out striker. Romano also says he expects us to be busy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Looks like it’s you get angry alpine. Have a chocolate bar to calm down 

I have no idea who Alpine is or was but felt a bit sorry for them when twats like you piled on (which is kind of your cowardly style)   I’m sure you could corroborate that if you looked back on his or her history and mine. Sounds like your life is sad enough to do that. I still like crisps and think Beto would be best for us but hope you give me permission to express something like that, it being not based on the kind of scouting skills you have from watching someone on a computer once. Not angry. Just think you’re a twat. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, DT said:

I have no idea who Alpine is or was but felt a bit sorry for them when twats like you piled on (which is kind of your cowardly style)   I’m sure you could corroborate that if you looked back on his or her history and mine. Sounds like your life is sad enough to do that. I still like crisps and think Beto would be best for us but hope you give me permission to express something like that, it being not based on the kind of scouting skills you have from watching someone on a computer once. Not angry. Just think you’re a twat. 

Dry your eyes mate. I have no opinion on Beto as I’ve never seen him play and hasn’t heard of him until 3 weeks ago. You on the other hand have repeatedly claimed he’s “ideal” don’t get so upset when people ask why that is. If all else fails you could always claim your son posted it whilst you were away from your computer 

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

If that's the case we may as well have called back Tella and saved £20 odd million.

Just now, Turkish said:

Not seen frazzles for ages, do they still exit?

honourable mention to Salt and vinegar McCoy’s and discos 

I bought a bag of frazzles just the other week. Solid crisp.  McCoys are excellent, I’m a big fan of the S&V, cheese and onion, plus the Thai sweet chili. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Dry your eyes mate. I have no opinion on Beto as I’ve never seen him play and hasn’t heard of him until 3 weeks ago. You on the other hand have repeatedly claimed he’s “ideal” don’t get so upset when people ask why that is. If you could also fails you could always claim your son posted it whilst you were away from your computer 

Barely grammatical burbling. Night school is available. ‘If you could also fails’. What does that even mean? Lol. Oh and nice detective work, Miss Marple. Also, to repeat, I don’t care bout your opinion.  

6 minutes ago, DT said:

Barely grammatical burbling. Night school is available. ‘If you could also fails’. What does that even mean? Lol. Oh and nice detective work, Miss Marple. Also, to repeat, I don’t care bout your opinion.  

You seem to be reply to me an awful lot considering you don’t care about my opinion. 

• Haha 2

Surely if anyone comes in from outside of the UK it will be known about by tomorrow morning at the latest as would need time to travel and do medicals etc.

Hard to keep any deals from being reported these days so will be a concern if no concrete news soon.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

Gordon gone to Newcastle.

Everton might be able to spend a bit now.

Have read they are also keen on Sulemana. But the one big advantage we have, and we'll have to explain it carefully to him and his agent, is that if he comes to us he's more likely to get a move to play for Liverpool , rather than just living there.

Edited by Badger

3 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

That'd be our "Jamie Redknapp" for this relegation season.

Hasn't started a league game all season because he's got a chronic injury that Spurs haven't been able to even correctly diagnose let alone treat. He's not training. He's not playing.

Spurs are releasing him at the end of the season.

1 hour ago, DT said:

You really are sad, yes. I have felt that Beto is right for us without posting that at all, sorry. I didn't realise we had to run everything past you. I also like eating crisps but didn't post that. So here goes, especially for twats like you. I like crisps.  Especially cheesy ones. You can go back to your fascinating life now.

House! 

#textbook

Edited by trousers
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

Co-op Sea salt and Chardonnay Wine Vinegar are a very underrated but superb crisp.

Very good shout but M&S ridged sea salt edge it for me. The fact that they come in large 'fat bastard' bags is completely irrelevant 😲

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Is bacon fries another term for pork scratchings ? otherwise I've never heard of them.

No. If you remember scampi fries I think bacon fries are made by the same company. They’re like a slightly smaller but crispier version of a frazzle. They’re very good.

so have we signed a striker yet?..................................why oh why hasn't this been addressed before,. and with 2 days left what are we expecting. Given that our recent purchase Ostrich is just well ,fucking awful what are we needing to maybe stave of the depression of WAS THAT IT?.

1 minute ago, The Kraken said:

No. If you remember scampi fries I think bacon fries are made by the same company. They’re like a slightly smaller but crispier version of a frazzle. They’re very good.

ah got you, yeah used to like scampi fries, never seen bacon fries but will keep a look out.

At least i learn a lot about cheese and chips in this thread.

10 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Is bacon fries another term for pork scratchings ? otherwise I've never heard of them.

Pork scratching are not crisps FFS. Now for a pint accompaniment bar snack nothing comes close to pork scratchings

these are bacon fries

1F445EAF-B310-4DAC-A9CD-5D6F066C453B.jpeg

• Like 1

The desperation for a striker is understandable but does rather remind me of similar froth before we signed Carillio. So lets no repeat that mistake.

if we get someone I’ll be delighted but don’t agree with the general apocalyptic mood if we don’t.

ps mini cheddars, original flavour. Everything else is a poor second.

• Like 1