January 2023 Transfer Window

mcbendy

1 hour ago, qwertyell said:

That'd be our "Jamie Redknapp" for this relegation season.

Hasn't started a league game all season because he's got a chronic injury that Spurs haven't been able to even correctly diagnose let alone treat. He's not training. He's not playing.

Spurs are releasing him at the end of the season.

Oh really ? Well I did not know that.  

10 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

I came for some transfer news but instead all I can see is monster munch and wotsit ranking, thanks. 

I know right. We've had two days and 6 pages of talk about cheese and crisps. Annoying cos I'm not really that fond of either.

23 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

I assume this is a joke? Championship strikers not good enough for us but a National League one is better than what we have?

Of course it is. That being said he would easily have scored more than Che if presented with the same chances this season

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Anthony Gordon going to Newcastle is quite funny.

He isn’t very good, he just falls over a lot and is Bristish, so naturally his value adds another few 0’s on the end of his value.

He’s about as useful as Todd Cantwell, who is equally crap.

Good thing hes cup tied on Tuesday as we would likely gift him a goal on his debut. We've a habit of giving struggling/overrated players an easy confidence boost

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint Garrett said:

“We tried really hard but…”

I do expect at least 2 in that will go straight into our first team. We’ll see if that actually happens or not. 

Wide player and CM?

Surely not the fabled 'number 9'?!

Just now, Suhari said:

Wide player and CM?

Surely not the fabled 'number 9'?!

Oh, not based on info unfortunately. Not been told much at all recently. Probably cos I stick it on here! 😂

I just think we need at least 2 to stand a chance of staying up, and probably a different manager! 

• Like 3

Just now, Saint Garrett said:

Oh, not based on info unfortunately. Not been told much at all recently. Probably cos I stick it on here! 😂

I just think we need at least 2 to stand a chance of staying up, and probably a different manager! 

Hell yeah.

35 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

It's actually quite interesting how quickly a lot of the fans have decided Jones is not up to it. I do agree with you, I am just surprised by, the strength of feeling. 

1 hour ago, waylander said:

I'd rather have Shane Long back

Particularly with an upcoming EFL away leg against a team from the "north". Has to  be worth the cost of a loan from Reading, for Shane to at least warm up for the last 10! Apparently he came on for Reading yesterday and bookies were offering 10-1 for a shot on target, those odds are completely unrealistic I saw all his Saints games, could have been 1000-1 and still been safe.

8 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

It's actually quite interesting how quickly a lot of the fans have decided Jones is not up to it. I do agree with you, I am just surprised by, the strength of feeling. 

I think the absolute horror show we put on against Forest (and his immediate reaction) swayed a fair few!

• Like 2

Via David Ornstein, The Athletic (we all know how this ends):

Everton are also sure to be active in the last hours of the window. Buoyed by the £40million they received from Newcastle United for Anthony Gordon, they are attempting to reinvest some of the money straight away and buy a direct replacement in Rennes winger Kamaldeen Sulemana (top-right photo).

Everton made a verbal offer on Sunday and were waiting for a response from Rennes, who want in the region of €30m to get the deal done.

Southampton, who are also trying to bring in a forward before the window shuts, have already had a €20m bid rejected but remain keen to recruit the 20-year-old Ghana international, while Bournemouth showed interest as well.

• Sad 1

At least Alex Crook has had another master class. Tweeted at half 9 last night that Arsenal had not made a second bid for Caicedo. An hour before Romano and Ornstein Tweeted a second bid has gone in.

According to Crook the second bid had gone in after his original Tweet. So, they must be doing a lot of overtime at Arsenal.

• Haha 2

So if Sulemana goes to Everton where are our lot going to turn for an attacker? I'm not even disappointed anymore, more amused if anything. 

2 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Definitely did not see this coming 🤦🏽‍♂️😂

All you can do is laugh. Supporting this club is never dull. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Definitely did not see this coming 🤦🏽‍♂️😂

not sure who this twitter account belongs to I've never heard of them before, but then I don't use Twitter, seems to me like they're just trying to rile the fans with a headline people on here use all the time.

That said I guess the perfect fit means getting a player on the cheap, so now Everton have their new money to spend we could end up with nothing as we won't get into a bidding war with them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Millbrook Saint said:

That said I guess the perfect fit means getting a player on the cheap, so now Everton have their new money to spend we could end up with nothing as we won't get into a bidding war with them.

Yep, and that's exactly why you don't leave it until the window is almost closed. Everton weren't desperate and loaded up with cash last week, but they are now. 

Mess. 

• Like 1