Brentford 3-0 Saints - Match Thread

AlexLaw76

2 minutes ago, NewYorkSaint said:

Calm down people. Honestly.  We've got people brand new to the PL, their first week here. No harm at all in starting them on the bench. I'd expect to see both on early in the second half.  If they seem up to speed, they'll start next time.  Let's judge the game by the full 90 mins. 

For me, just having Lavia back and starting is reason for hope.

Hopefully its still 0-0 and they can come on and win the game. Everton winning adds to the need. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

when elyonoussi and bednarek leave this football club, it will be cause for celebration

I think people must just post stuff like this to get likes. Bednarek is in on merit after Tuesday night. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

Just now, BotleySaint said:

Granted new signings need time to bed in. But given our position I don't think we can afford them that time. We need quality out on the field right away not the same poor players again and again. 

That's the thing I still don't get the thinking behind bringing Jones in as we needed a manager that could provide an impact straight away and hit the ground running! We have had zero new manager bounce under Jones and you have to question why that is? we don't have time for an managerial experiment! 

Just now, gecko said:

BBC got an interesting take on that line up. If this is actually Jones' plan, then he deserves no one's support

spacer.png

Not sure who guesses these formations/positions in the BBC at the moment, at a guess I'd go for Garth Crooks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Just now, gecko said:

BBC got an interesting take on that line up. If this is actually Jones' plan, then he deserves no one's support

spacer.png

Yeah there's no way. I actually wouldn't mind Perraud playing further forward, but there's no way that's the formation with that line up.

1 minute ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Pissed at the team sheet but it’s more the timing of the new signings than anything. We needed them in earlier and settled in by now.

Just seems far too late.

We're 3 points off safety with a game in hand, in no way is it too late. 

That's the kind of myth redknapp tried to peddle, that we were too far gone and it was impossible to keep us up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Saint_clark said:

That's the kind of myth redknapp tried to peddle, that we were too far gone and it was impossible to keep us up.

Jones will be using that card in March.

There's no chance we win or even draw today. Jones has fucked us right from the start again. Moronic Welsh twat that will never learn. 

He'll reshuffle it out of desperation and we'll suddenly look better but the game will be gone by then. 

Edited by OttawaSaint
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Sorry Chez. Disagree. Drop him to the bench by all means, having Walcott there over him is just a absolute waste.

Orsic's been a non entity, and a complete waste of a shirt in his first two outings. He will hopefully find his feet at some point, but right now I couldn't care less if he is on the bench or not. Realistically, neither is playing more than five minutes today max. Win, lose or draw, Orsic's selection or non selection has little bearing on this game.

DCC's non selection is more interesting. He was woeful in the Forest game, but reasonably solid in the Palace and Everton wins. Not sure he was great against Newcastle. Is Lyanco selected on bench because he can cover a full back position too?

22 minutes ago, NewYorkSaint said:

Calm down people. Honestly.  We've got people brand new to the PL, their first week here. No harm at all in starting them on the bench. I'd expect to see both on early in the second half.  If they seem up to speed, they'll start next time.  Let's judge the game by the full 90 mins. 

For me, just having Lavia back and starting is reason for hope.

Thank you for a grown up comment 👍🏻

14 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

According to NJ we were just being a bit coy about the work permits. Look mate stop trying to be coy. Stop trying to be clever just get on with trying to win games.  

Bet Brentford are really panicking now 

6 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Win today. Right back in the mix. If we don't win today though, its going to start to look a little bleak.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

I hope you’re right dude.

I’m just struggling to see how we outscore three of the teams above us on points. They’ve all strengthened too apart from Everton, but then they’ve made a good managerial appointment.

As said, just seems too late but we’ll see I guess.

7 minutes ago, Chez said:

Orsic's been a non entity, and a complete waste of a shirt in his first two outings. He will hopefully find his feet at some point, but right now I couldn't care less if he is on the bench or not. Realistically, neither is playing more than five minutes today max. Win, lose or draw, Orsic's selection or non selection has little bearing on this game.

DCC's non selection is more interesting. He was woeful in the Forest game, but reasonably solid in the Palace and Everton wins. Not sure he was great against Newcastle. Is Lyanco selected on bench because he can cover a full back position too?

Yes it has little bearing on the outcome. Just find it disrespectful that he can't even make the bench. 

1 minute ago, OttawaSaint said:

I'm fully expecting a 4-0 defeat car crash of performance. 

Jones in the presser will look at the totalled car and deem it roadworthy...

They mauled us last time and are in just as good form. If we avoid defeat it will be an improvement on Ralph's team.

2 minutes ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

Can't wait to see how the new signings do....

Oh. 

At least he can introduce them in the 80th minute when we're 2 nil down. 

Optimistic. We won't see them for a couple of weeks no doubt. Walcott and Armstrong will come on. 

4 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Was Jones being ‘coy’ on KWP injury as well then? He doesn’t make the bench so surely not just a precaution the other night? I wonder if it’s just a game off to make sure or if he’s got a bigger problem?

looked like a pulled muscle to me. At best a week, or two, at worst...

• Like 1

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Brentford 3-0 Saints
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Brentford 3-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic