Sky TV last night

OldNick

I have not seen such biased commentary and coverage (both games) in my life. The big thing that Newcastle seem to be so hard done to that they haven't won anything for years and how its so nice for their support. Hello, we are in the same boat, we give our lives to following our club 24/7. Another night where I couldn't sleep as I was reliving AA miss etc. I dont know what came over me, as Iwas watching with the wife and when Bruno was sent off I was flicking V's at the screen and telling him to f right off lol. Comical for a man of my age

Frannie is a wonderful person but never really fights our corner, is too intent on being the nice man he is. No barbed comments, Shay Given took no prisoners and partisan.

• Like 15

Franny sums us up as a club and city. Just far too nice and passive.

But yeah as far as Sky were concerned, we were just there to make up the numbers last night while they had a collective wank over Newcastle. I don't begrudge their fans a bit of success but the love-in is truly nauseating.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Eric The Red said:

I knew what it would be like so tuned in as late as possible and switched off at the final whistle. Sadly couldn't do much about the content during the match or the site of Ginola cuddling the new owners! Still like Ally McCoist though.

Wouldn't that technically be classed as a homosexual act in Saudi Arabia? I trust he'll be on death row soon

• Haha 2

The Newcastle media love in is a bit sick IMO, for a start no club deserves anything anyway, but they are club just buying their way to the top with blood money, not really something that should be celebrated IMO.

You'd also think considering the amount of players from the older big clubs they would dislike them, because they already dislike City, Chelsea etc. for buying their way into the top table. Be interesting to see if once the shine wears off a bit and they are knocking the Arsenal's, Utds, Liverpools etc. out of Champs League spots whether more hate will come their way. I mean the whole super league thing was basically to stop more City and PSGs happening. 

2 hours ago, beatlesaint said:

The site of Alan Shearer with his Newcastle scarf on annoyed me. Yes he's a Geordie, yes he supports them but bloody hell Alan, who gave you your chance ffs?

As for the coverage......disturbing. 

He has got a statue outside the ground so will be slightly biased ! He has been put under the spotlight on Motd for the last few years as NU struggled as well as being their failed manager 😄

He was great for Saints , able to score from nearly anywhere on the pitch .

8 hours ago, Toussaint said:

I really liked McCoist, until last night. Made me bring our a bit of vom again on Talksport this morning, quickly switched off. 

You Sir, Alistair Sir, are henceforth added to the very long list of prize C*nts I do not like. 

Thought McCoist was alright last night to be fair. Said a lot of good things about Saints (probably more than I would have). He's not going to have a love in with the Magpies is he, being a former Mackem. Think the mocking of Shearer for wearing a black & white scarf is nonsense as well, he's a fucking Geordie through and through, what do people expect, he probably hasn't even got a light blue scarf (unless its a faded Blackburn one). 

10 hours ago, OldNick said:

I have not seen such biased commentary and coverage (both games) in my life. The big thing that Newcastle seem to be so hard done to that they haven't won anything for years and how its so nice for their support. Hello, we are in the same boat, we give our lives to following our club 24/7. Another night where I couldn't sleep as I was reliving AA miss etc. I dont know what came over me, as Iwas watching with the wife and when Bruno was sent off I was flicking V's at the screen and telling him to f right off lol. Comical for a man of my age

Frannie is a wonderful person but never really fights our corner, is too intent on being the nice man he is. No barbed comments, Shay Given took no prisoners and partisan.

I don’t think you understand Nick. Unlike any other city in the world Newcastle people work all week and at the weekend like to get their money and enjoy themselves, they like watching their team. They also love a striker up there. Such great people a great city and club. I for one was pleased to lose to them. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I don’t think you understand Nick. Unlike any other city in the world Newcastle people work all week and at the weekend like to get their money and enjoy themselves, they like watching their team. They also love a striker up there. Such great people a great city and club. I for one was pleased to lose to them. 

Agreed Turkish although for me they are still not in the same league as the entitled Scousers - we are liverpool this means more etc etc The media is riddled with scouse biased presenters, commentators etc. My favourite being Michael Owen after they lost the champs league final when he said in all seriousness "but we all know Liverpool are the best team in the world"

Last night was pretty outrageous for biased coverage. Even my mrs who has no interest in football said "are saints even actually playing?" (on first half performance that's pretty accurate to be fair)

• Like 2

Fair play to Newcastle. What a lot of people don't seem to realise is that Newcastle fans REALLY like football. They don't just attend home games, but some go to away fixtures too. They deserve some silverware because they're one of just a handful of clubs that haven't won anything for a while, so they want it more than anyone else. The rest of the footballing country should be ashamed of themselves. You can't want it as much as Newcastle - stop being so entitled. They deserve it.

Amazing how pundits can make a living licking hole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Read a few comments that Newcastle are a team built with "blood money", well they are not. You get blood money from spilling blood in the process. Their owners sell oil where no one dies. That something terrible happened when an activist pretending to be a journalist kept criticising one of their leaders does not make it blood money.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Singapore Saint said:

Read a few comments that Newcastle are a team built with "blood money", well they are not. You get blood money from spilling blood in the process. Their owners sell oil where no one dies. That something terrible happened when an activist pretending to be a journalist kept criticising one of their leaders does not make it blood money.

You need to do some research 

• Like 2

I did warn people that the punditry and build up would be hard to stomach, especially after the biased coverage they got in their QF. Hence why I didnt watch a minute beyond the actual match. On the plus side we had Ally in commentary, could have been the female commentator on the game tonight - people are up in arms about how bad it was 😂😂

7 hours ago, Singapore Saint said:

This is incredibly off base.

11 hours ago, Turkish said:

Not your best effort at sarcasm

7 hours ago, Singapore Saint said:

Are you a bit thick or just a troll on the wind up??

Saudi Arabia is only able to exist as a country because of the revenue generated by Aramco, the state owned oil company.

Without oil there is no country.

so anything the government does is directly funded by the oil production.

this, for instance , was from yesterday…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-64338876

you’d have to be increadibly dim not to see the link between the production of oil and this.

the overwhelming criticism of Saudi is about much more than chopping up a journalist.

• Like 1

Acclaimed Sky "pundits" such as Neville and Carragher spout off about the wider issues in the game, despite them being quite ill informed most of the time. Carragher's comment about Everton being the worst run club in the country recently being an example.

Thing to remember is, it's better for Sky to have an additional "big club" in the mix. All good for the brand etc etc. It's still incredibly nauseating however.

I'd have hoped for better from broadcasters like Mark Chapman but he seemed to buy into the love-in too. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

He certainly wasn't like that on the pitch. Ask John Fashanu! 🤣

That's never in doubt, but on the TV he shows no fire and sorry to say a bit magnolia. In time that will count against him as viewers want Keane type analysts, who are to the point. I hope he starts showing the real Frannie in time and fights for our cause 

On 01/02/2023 at 23:37, Whitey Grandad said:

For the first time in my life I shall be cheering for Man Utd during the final. I can’t believe I’m saying this. I feel cheap and dirty.

All the Man City fans I know will be supporting Trafford against the Geordies.

• Like 2