New Manager

Bakovnetski

2 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

They spent the fans forum telling us how impressive NJ's training was so that's a pretty fucking poor PR piece.

Not that I think there's much they could say at the moment which would get me on side, shit show.

Then sacked him less than a week later....

Selles better watch his back with friends like those.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

What is Garry Monk doing these days? I know he wasn't too successful in his latter stints but hell he has some experience and Saints connection, he could also bring Beattie with him as he was often part of his backup team. Monk, Selles and Beattie might not be such a bad shout, nothing really to lose.

Why the recent fascination for Beattie coming back in some role ? Seems his pitchside performance at SMS the other week has sparked the interest. Perhaps Kenzie should be part of the coaching team as well.

Or maybe bring Pahars back. 

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Ha ha, setting is up for the inevitable 

The inevitable for me - unless Selles performs minor miracles over the next few weeks - is a parting of the way between him and the club. 

If we go down, as seems likely, I doubt Selles will remain in charge. Having been No 1 for a few weeks he probably won’t want the ‘demotion’ of going back to being a coach again, and the new bloke probably won’t want him lingering in the background.

Ankersen will have helped bollocks up two blokes careers, Jones and Selles. Wonder whose spreadsheet that will register on. 

Edited by Badger

11 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Ruben Selles, your football is shit.

I had never heard this ‘your football is shit’ chant until our fans sung it at Palace. Is this new? Have Saints fans finally come up with an original chant? 

Edited by saintwbu

7 minutes ago, egg said:

I think you know the answer. There's reinventions and multi logins active all over the forum, this thread included. Fuck knows why, each to his (and pretend her) own. 

Can you start another thread naming and shaming, or even just postulating? I weirdly love this sort of gossipy stuff, more interesting than the actual football theses days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toussaint said:

Can you start another thread naming and shaming, or even just postulating? I weirdly love this sort of gossipy stuff, more interesting than the actual football theses days.

When the mods used to get the hump when things went off topic they used to do that, now they just delete posts losing lots of epic exchanges. Forums ain’t what they used to be ☹️

2 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

Nah, bar a few snipes here and there it's a pretty harmonious board these days, not worth ruffling feathers. I just find it interesting that people bother to do it - I'm in no doubt that more than one prominent poster posts and reacts with different logins. 

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

When the mods used to get the hump when things went off topic they used to do that, now they just delete posts losing lots of epic exchanges. Forums ain’t what they used to be ☹️

Cant be arsed moving stuff right now but this seems to be one that hasn’t been locked yet, so feel free to carry on there. DT has yet to send a PM explaining how much of a wanker I am, so I’m not sure he is alps.

• Haha 3

Whilst I believe that everyone at board level made decisions that they thought would bring success, it's been a catalogue of errors. I think Ankersen is the one who's made those mistakes, although I'd have expected Semmens to have the power and authority to say no and provide some counterbalance.

Ralph needed a rest, we needed a refresh...but if you were going to back him for as long as you did, why on earth not prioritise the striker replacement for Danny Ings he asked for? If we were more creative in our thinking we'd have given him a sabbatical and hired an interim manager. Ironically, rested and refreshed, I think Ralph is one of maybe only two or three that could keep us up...but are the board willing to swallow their pride and beg him to come back? I doubt it.

The NJ appointment has laid bare the inadequacy of the 'excel spreadsheet / algorithm / 'moneyball' left-brain approach of Ankersen. I cannot fathom how even basic due diligence couldn't have uncovered the major flaws in Jones. It was a disastrous hire, and an unnecessarily high-risk gamble given the stakes and position we were in. I'm not being a smart-arse with the benefit of hindsight...most of us were deeply underwhelmed by the appointment of someone we'd never heard of until then, but prepared to give him a chance. It was obvious after three games this guy was a clueless, unlikeable, angry-shouty person with a one-dimensional view of how football should be played and who'd wasted six weeks of the World Cup to lick a team into shape. As has been said above, ultimately , it's this one huge error of judgement that has created a knock-on effect and spiralled us into this next-to-hopeless position.

I am so glad we didn't hire Marsch. But that was a lucky break for the board - they were willing to walk into a short-term deal. The Selles arrangement is the fallback null game, so no decision there either. After blowing a sinful amount of money on the Jones appointment (if he were a true Christian he'd give at least half back and Ankersen should chip in something too) - we simply cannot screw the next appointment up looking for a band-aid fix. 

I would like to hear from Ankersen, the board: "Sorry, it's been a monumental cock-up...meant well but in hindsight a really poor decision. Not going to make that mistake again. Will consult the 'wisdom of crowds' fanbase next time and do proper due diligence. We will find someone who will buy into our philosophy of attractive attacking football and in developing youth...who will manage us at whatever level we find ourselves next season with the aim of an instant return to the PL if we do get relegated." Take all the pressure off the incoming or interim Manager now. Give us all a free hit to play open, attacking football that might just save us, knowing we're probably down already.

I haven't lost all hope, but reality has to bite at some point. We are odds-on favourites to go down with Bournemouth. The betting-odds boys don't often get it wrong. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Cant be arsed moving stuff right now but this seems to be one that hasn’t been locked yet, so feel free to carry on there. DT has yet to send a PM explaining how much of a wanker I am, so I’m not sure he is alps.

That half arsed complacent attitude of why the good posters that don’t bother any more and you can see why don’t bother anymore. We are paying members and deserve better.

59 minutes ago, egg said:

Nah, bar a few snipes here and there it's a pretty harmonious board these days, not worth ruffling feathers. I just find it interesting that people bother to do it - I'm in no doubt that more than one prominent poster posts and reacts with different logins. 

and then you get people like Holmes and Watson who are two people posting under one login

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

That old saggy faced wanker Harry Redkrapp has "told Leeds Utd he would be willing to come out of retirement to help keep them up" according to the BBC's Gossip Page.

Don't you even think about it Rasmus, or you'll be swinging from the Itchen Bridge, you useless cunt. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, saintscottofthenortham said:

It's walways been there, but nobody had ever needed to use it until Nathan Jones graced the Premier League.

Heard it a few times on away days over the years, but we should definitely start singing this one:

We lose every week, we lose every week,

You’re nothing special, we lose every week

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A good old conspiracy theory - Rasmus had no intention of appointing anyone other than his chum Selles. It was as plainly obvious as our relegation that Marsch was never going to join on the terms offered. Yep, starting to think Selles will take us down and probably start the re-build too.

• Like 1

We missed a trick with mad Nath. Instead of “Nathan Jones your football is shit” we should have sung “with the greatest respect, your football is shit”. 

Maybe when / if  we start winning again we can sing it as an ironic “hat tip” to NJ 😂

Edited by wild-saint
Shyte spelling / typing

9 hours ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

They spent the fans forum telling us how impressive NJ's training was so that's a pretty fucking poor PR piece.

Not that I think there's much they could say at the moment which would get me on side, shit show.

Yes, but the players were smiling in this latter video. They were being told to smile by their manager in the previous.

And what a morning we are all having...

6 hours ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Heard it a few times on away days over the years, but we should definitely start singing this one:

We lose every week, we lose every week,

You’re nothing special, we lose every week

We're already singing "we never win at home and we never win away" regularly at away games but it's probably got too many lines for home fans.

I mean everyone makes mistakes I agree but ankersons mistake was off the scale into a different stratosphere! and seems everyone on operations board simply went along with it instead of reining him in... Serious questions have to be asked.... To me if we go down it will be ankersons fault for appointing him not Jones for taking the job... I don't see how we could continue with rasmus at the club 

• Like 3

Ankerson isn’t going anywhere. He is part of Sports Republic and although the investment is from Solak, he’s investing in Ankerson and Kraft’s idea/model.

Selles, a well travelled coach but with no managerial experience is going to oversee 42% of our premier league season? Please tell me this is some sort of sick joke. Rushing to get Jesse Marsch in one minute, then realising Selles is the answer the next. How as fans are we supposed to get behind this?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rivers said:

That old saggy faced wanker Harry Redkrapp has "told Leeds Utd he would be willing to come out of retirement to help keep them up" according to the BBC's Gossip Page.

Don't you even think about it Rasmus, or you'll be swinging from the Itchen Bridge, you useless cunt. :)

Rosie’s bank account must be empty then 👀

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Ankerson isn’t going anywhere. He is part of Sports Republic and although the investment is from Solak, he’s investing in Ankerson and Kraft’s idea/model.

Selles, a well travelled coach but with no managerial experience is going to oversee 42% of our premier league season? Please tell me this is some sort of sick joke. Rushing to get Jesse Marsch in one minute, then realising Selles is the answer the next. How as fans are we supposed to get behind this?

Cos on Saturday there will be 11 players playing for Southampton that will step over the white line at Stamford bridge.

• Like 2