Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

43 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Answered my own question. Seems rather well judging by the twitter comments in this article 

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/04/15/west-bromwich-albion-fans-react-to-mason-holgate-display/

Good to see he had a good game for WBA in 2019. 

Has he done anything of note since ? You may be right that he has something, but he’s never stood out as someone we should be after. Even in the Championship. 

• Like 1

Manning, good, wanted him when we were first linked to Martin. Perraud's an okay left-back, a 6/10 most games. Plenty of effort and fight, but not enough quality going forward when it counts. Going from Bertrand to Perraud was a big drop. Hopefully, Manning can fix that, record shows he's one of the top players in the Championship, in the team of the season last season. Proved successful when we used to pick up players from the teams of the season when we were last down here and he already knows Martin's system. Interestingly, looks like we're going to have two of the better full-backs from the Championship playing for us next season in Bree and Manning, although where Bree fits in at the moment, I don't know.

Holgate would probably be good at this level. Percy's a reliable one for the transfers for the northern clubs.

No idea who Bruun Larsen is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Badger said:

Good to see he had a good game for WBA in 2019. 

Has he done anything of note since ? You may be right that he has something, but he’s never stood out as someone we should be after. Even in the Championship. 

Those comments were from April and he'd been there since January. I've got no idea what he'd be like but it seems like he did well wheb he did play at this level. 

7 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

No idea if this is reliable but...

Screenshot_20230711-175926.png

Let me tell you

Heerenveen are my 35th team i follow and let me say that this man will cook in the championship and yes pierre is his dad so expect him to go on strike at somepoint.

But seriously thiago motta bolgna coach just told him he doesnt count on him for this season for bolgna even though he banged them in,hence teams now being interested, could be a decent price as well.

Edited by Convict Colony
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Those comments were from April and he'd been there since January. I've got no idea what he'd be like but it seems like he did well wheb he did play at this level. 

April 2019 from the linked article posted.

• Like 1

Funniest thing on this thread is people struggling with language changing. Words evolve to take on different meanings all the time. 

Anyway, back on topic. Really not sure about Holgate but then West Brom fans seemed to like him. 

3 hours ago, Master Bates said:

I know it's from 2019, but this has to be one of the least inspiring youtube videos I have ever seen. If you can find an  'amazing skill' in here you have done better than me. I hope he has blossomed otherwise its a `no thanks' from me.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chez said:

I know it's from 2019, but this has to be one of the least inspiring youtube videos I have ever seen. If you can find an  'amazing skill' in here you have done better than me. I hope he has blossomed otherwise its a `no thanks' from me.

You seem to be forgetting that we’re out to replace Moi. It’s what he’s like off the ball that matters!

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, The Cat said:

Funniest thing on this thread is people struggling with language changing. Words evolve to take on different meanings all the time. 

Anyway, back on topic. Really not sure about Holgate but then West Brom fans seemed to like him. 

Bro dat is bad, sick that u get it, you get me? You’re my mans top G, I would bust open the blud clot of any man who disrespects that. Bumbaclart

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I had a quick gander at a few Swansea forums and interestingly they still reckon we will be signing Latibeudier and Grimes. 

Grimes seems to me to be completely crucial to the Rustyball way of playing, in his quarterback-type role.

51 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I had a quick gander at a few Swansea forums and interestingly they still reckon we will be signing Latibeudier and Grimes. 

Latibeaudiere is out of contract, so we wouldn't have to deal with Swansea. I think the Swansea fan who posted here said he was Martin's pet, and pretty crap - a defender picked for the "philosophy" rather than his actual defensive ability. 

Short for a CB.

1 hour ago, qwertyell said:

Latibeaudiere is out of contract, so we wouldn't have to deal with Swansea. I think the Swansea fan who posted here said he was Martin's pet, and pretty crap - a defender picked for the "philosophy" rather than his actual defensive ability

Short for a CB.

We do need a replacement for Mo El in this regard so could be a crucial signing

• Haha 1

So, let's see...

• Walcott, Elyounoussi, Orsic and Caballero have gone from the first team squad.
  • Chauke, Nlundulu have been sold from the B Team and Lis, Wright and Lawrence have been loaned out, while 10 other B team players were released.
  • Abu and McNamara have signed for the U21s and we have taken on 15 new academy players.
  • We have brought in Ryan Manning (formerly Swansea).
  • Rumours suggest we are about to sign Shea Charles from Man City.
  • We are also rumoured to be interested in Amad Diallo (Man Utd), Matt Grimes (Swansea), Mason Holgate (Everton), Jacob Bruun Larsen (Hoffenheim), Sydney van Hooijdonk (Heerenveen), Carlos Borges (Man City), Nathan Wood (Swansea).
  • Lavia is likely to leave - probably to Liverpool.
  • West Ham are offering peanuts for JWP. Maybe no-one will offer what he is worth and he will stay?
  • Burnley seem to have given up on Tella.
  • No recent news about Bella-Kotchap going to Villa.
  • Tino may well be staying... or may go back to Chelsea.
  • KWP may go to Newcastle.
  • Onuachu may go to Germany.
  • Lyanco may go to Besiktas.
  • Caleta-Car may go to Genoa.
  • Salisu may go to Real Betis.
  • There are no recent concrete reports relating to any other Saints players.

Have I missed anything?

At this rate we could end up with a bigger squad than last season instead of a smaller one!!

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

📮 SPECIAL - LAST MINUTE:

Fenerbahce made an official offer of 6.5M for Mohamed Salisu € 24-year-old defender of Southampton. #SaintsFC 

🇬🇭 Djiku and Salisu, who play together in the Ghana national team, are requested to be a defender duo.

Cheeky. Half what we paid for him! 

6 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

📮 SPECIAL - LAST MINUTE:

Fenerbahce made an official offer of 6.5M for Mohamed Salisu € 24-year-old defender of Southampton. #SaintsFC 

🇬🇭 Djiku and Salisu, who play together in the Ghana national team, are requested to be a defender duo.

I know he's only got one year left on his contract but 6.5 million they're having a laugh. I wouldn't thought we'd be looking north of at least 12 Mill. These clubs see our relegation and think they can get our players for peanuts.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

📮 SPECIAL - LAST MINUTE:

good. get rid

• Like 1

Just now, Give it to Ron said:

Yep am sure we wouldn’t take less than what we paid.

of course we will....will effectively be a little bit of profit on a player who clearly wants out. or at least break-even with him financially

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SNSUN said:

I know he's only got one year left on his contract but 6.5 million they're having a laugh. I wouldn't thought we'd be looking north of at least 12 Mill. These clubs see our relegation and think they can get our players for peanuts.

Honestly I think some of the valuations that some fans have are just wrong and they're going to be disappointed. He's I the last year of his contract with well publicised issues and everyone knows he doesn't want to be here. What are we going to do, decline every offer and stick him in the reserves? We have a massive backlog of centre backs that we don't want and we need to shift them. We can't just sit on a shed load of players and refuse any offers below our asking price, at some point we are going to have to shift some and that likely means compromise and letting some go for less than we would like. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Honestly I think some of the valuations that some fans have are just wrong and they're going to be disappointed. He's I the last year of his contract with well publicised issues and everyone knows he doesn't want to be here. What are we going to do, decline every offer and stick him in the reserves? We have a massive backlog of centre backs that we don't want and we need to shift them.

Surely we’d be better off just playing him next season and leaving for free than selling him for £5m?! 

• Like 2

I’m surprised there aren’t any links to KWP moving on at the moment, our depth at FB is pretty strong and he’s clearly a PL player. There were previous links to Everton and Villa, he’s surely worth at least £20m with his experience, age and 2 years left on his contract? We paid £12m for him as a young prospect.

Salisu injury record, perceived relationship with the club, relegation and 1 year left on his contract means we won’t get his full market value. We didn’t with Vest or Pierre though and still got £15m. £6.5m would be an absolute steal for a player of his quality and at 24 still potential to realise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint Garrett said:

Surely we’d be better off just playing him next season and leaving for free than selling him for £5m?! 

And then if we don't get satisfactory offers for DCC, bednarek, Stephens and ABK? We can't just keep everyone in an already bloated squad, particularly if we want to bring in another cb as has been reported. 

4 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

I’m surprised there aren’t any links to KWP moving on at the moment, our depth at FB is pretty strong and he’s clearly a PL player. There were previous links to Everton and Villa, he’s surely worth at least £20m with his experience, age and 2 years left on his contract? We paid £12m for him as a young prospect.

Salisu injury record, perceived relationship with the club, relegation and 1 year left on his contract means we won’t get his full market value. We didn’t with Vest or Pierre though and still got £15m. £6.5m would be an absolute steal for a player of his quality and at 24 still potential to realise.

I'm not sure who'd start him in the PL, and last season did him no favours. We have one RB too many and he'd be the obvious one to go, but if there's no takers for KWP, that's when I think we'd be more open to cashing in on Tino.

Salisu. Whether we refused to play him as I'd understood, or he didn't fancy it as per the athletic piece, is unclear. Either way, something went on last year, he's in his last year, so it seems to be that we take the best we can get for him - if that's £6.5m, that's his price. All a bit of a shame the way it started and finished for him here, he looked to have the ability to go to the top but it hasn't quite happened. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

And then if we don't get satisfactory offers for DCC, bednarek, Stephens and ABK? We can't just keep everyone in an already bloated squad, particularly if we want to bring in another cb as has been reported. 

Yep. We don't need them all, and I doubt Martin would want some of them. Personally I think Stephens and Bednarek would be a great pairing at this level, and I'd cash in on ABK and invest in someone less fragile. DCC is a frustrating one who could be brilliant for us, and has been in patches. I suspect he'll want top flight football somewhere there and we could probably get a reasonable fee if imagine. 

• Like 1