Arsenal 3-3 Saints - Match Thread

Pilchards

9 hours ago, Rut said:

Arsenal = drum banging CUNTS. Paul Davis jaw breaking CUNTS. Van Cuntie owes me a grand CUNTS. Glory supporting didn't care about 'only winning the FA Cup' in 2003 CUNTS.

Bunch of CUNTS.

Don't really give a fuck who wins the league but I hope Man City do the CUNTS. Man City are cunts but not total CUNTS like Arsenal. Fuck 'em.

And it's 'Man City' - not fuckin 'City'. Do you think Leicester City were happy with our point tonight? New age cunts do my head in.

Don't sit on the fence, Rut.

Tell us what you really think.

1 hour ago, Uncle Albert said:

What are the chances of alcaraz staying next season?

Don’t see why not - not everyone who gets relegated sells every sellable asset going. Sander Berge, Ismaila Sarr, Joao Pedro, Max Aaron’s just a few off the top of my head that are still with their clubs.

He’s a very good talent, but still has a lot of work to do.

43 minutes ago, JRM said:

This doesn't reflect well on Diallo 

Screenshot_20230422-115228_Twitter.thumb.jpg.cc39375307705bfcb3935ecbbe0fdabe.jpg

Watching the goals back doesn’t reflect well on him either. Although Perraud does him no favours with their 2nd goal.  
For the equaliser he’s just stood between Nelson and Saka ball watching. If he goes and marks one of them they might not have got their shots off. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JRM said:

This doesn't reflect well on Diallo 

Screenshot_20230422-115228_Twitter.thumb.jpg.cc39375307705bfcb3935ecbbe0fdabe.jpg

Honestly, the guy is hideous. Fraud of a footballer.

I don't think I've ever watched such a bad CM for us, and we had Jermaine Wright and Paul Wotton to endure for a few years.

• Like 4

My real big concern is not the next 6 games because I'm sure we are down anyway,what troubles me is that Selles will be kept on as manager in the Championship as he's the cheap option and yet again we will try to use youth as the route back to the premier League,the Championship will be brutal without experienced players.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The Cat said:

The 87th minute is a misnomer because the game lasted 100 minutes. 

You forgot the 7 minutes (or was it 8 added in the 1st half. Commentators couldn't understand where that had come from, seemed to forget the lengthy stoppage for Theo injury and associated drinks break.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Boris Karloff said:

I would love to see him stay. Can also see it being beneficial for him to stay. He is very raw and inconsistent. Could see him moving to another prem club and benchwarming. 

If it was sold to him that he can stay and get regular football and if it doesn't look like we're going up he can leave in Jan, it could work for both sides. 

sounds great, but in reality you might be selling `earn £25k a week here or £50k week elsewhere'. 

Really pleased I got tickets for this one - definitely our best away trip of the season. 

(The beer in the stadium put SFC’s offerings to shame, and a trip to the old Highbury pre-match brought back memories of swaying on the terraces in the 84 semi and watching Paul David break Glen’s jaw…. And arsenal coming back from 2 down to snatch a draw in oodles of injury time)

Great goals but for me, with this team, even with the two goals margin I never had any confidence we would hold on. I was just on the point of saying to my son “ok, I think we will actually do it” when, from nothing, it was 2-3. From then on we did well to escape with a point. 

It was so close to one of the all time great nights following SFC. If only we had a bit more experience in the team, rather than wall to wall youth. 

I was sure we were down before the match. Now there is the very faintest glimmer of hope. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

What’s the % of shots close range, inside the area and the % of shots outside the area. What’s the % of shots unchallenged ? 

What the hell has that got to do with it? Regardless of where they come from, he concedes from pretty much every other shot on target. 

The majority of shots we face are actually blocked by the defence. Our centrebacks have played pretty well this season they've just been let down by their keeper.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Our centrebacks have played pretty well this season 

ABK & Bednarek have formed a far better partnership than I thought possible. Bednarek has actually done ok since returning and has also shown some spirit, I suspect had he been a fresh signing from Villa people would give it a qualified tick in the plus column. Personally, I hope he stays if we’re in the championship. 

• Like 1

Lots of fans playing " the blame game"  on here and outing certain players, but that does no credit to the overall team performance. 

Considering some of the games we've LOST to inferior opposition this season, this game should be seen in a more positive light.   

Going up against the league leaders away from home, then scoring twice in the first 15 minutes must be some sort of a landmark,  

and with three goals on the board and 88 mins on the clock shows what they can do -  but the stats. show another side to the game. 

Overall we had just 26% possession  and scored  3 goals from  just  8 shots, whereas Arsenal needed 25 shots to get their 3 goals. 

It's not often that we score 3 in a League game (we had 3-3 v. Spurs when coming from behind) but I thought Selles tactic with 5 at the back

in the last quarter was a good ploy  that almost worked, but then Arsenal showed why they have led the table for most of the season,

and we even withstood an extra 10 minutes without conceding more.

The rest of the season may be purely academic in terms of league position, but when looking back we cannot avoid admitting that

the season was essentially lost through those record 10 home defeats and those home games we lost  v. Palace, Villa, Wolves and Forest

( all ironically on you know whose watch ) ... were most likely the turning point from which there was no return. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, James G said:

I think his basic shot stopping is ok, it's his positioning alot of the time, and that comes with experience 

I personally think he is lacking physically, for a GK he is pretty small in stature.

He doesn't have the reach to get to the corners low or high, so for him it's even more critical that his initial positioning is right - as half a step the other way kills him dead as his lack of stature means he won't be able to recover.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

On 22/04/2023 at 01:30, Suhari said:

Don't think I'm watching the game tonight.

Because it takes a little effort to finish this beer, get back to the hotel and sort out the WiFi and the hookey steam.

And that's more effort than Selles has put in. And probably more than the team will.

Prove me wrong. Go on.

They did prove me wrong I see!

I've watched every Saints match this season, except the Arsenal one. So I guess us being shit is on me then.

Eric Black will be relieved.

I'm not watching Bournemouth either: will be on a plane. You can thank me later.

I think it was all down to my 6 years old grandson shedding his PSG Messi shirt and watching his first Saints game in his Saints shirt (that aren't available so cost £75)

I'm now trying to get him for Thursday night, it's a school night but he's kicking off superbly, fingers crossed, I'm not superstitious.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

What the hell has that got to do with it? Regardless of where they come from, he concedes from pretty much every other shot on target. 

The majority of shots we face are actually blocked by the defence. Our centrebacks have played pretty well this season they've just been let down by their keeper.

Centre backs have played pretty well this season….. 😂😂 comedy genius 

• Like 2