A Chorus of Millions.......

badgerx16

4 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

It better be the original Italian job. The remake is a crock of shit.

TBH the remake would be fine as a bog standard, F&F style, Hollywood action/driving movie if only they hadn’t called it ‘The Italian Job’. It’s got a solid cast and some decent action scenes.

1 hour ago, The Kraken said:

The very definition of absolute fucking idiots.

Plenty of 'Republicans' out in the rain protesting, at least the ones that haven't been arrested, are they fucking idiots too?

8 minutes ago, trousers said:

How the **** did Miss Moneypenny go from assisting Pompey to avoid paying tax to a prominent role in this? Still preferred her in Splash...

5d0224bd210000a718ede22c.gif

5d022268210000a718edc9ae.jpeg

Dare I say it but despite being a skate she could be my new guilty crush 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

I have missed the reasoning behind this, but how come the old trout has been crowned Queen when she is Queen Consort? Why had “Consort” been dropped and why was Philip not a King and just a Prince?

Badger probably knows but others won’t give a shit

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

I have missed the reasoning behind this, but how come the old trout has been crowned Queen when she is Queen Consort? Why had “Consort” been dropped and why was Philip not a King and just a Prince?

Just had a quick Google and found this. Probably ranks higher than Camilla on my list of dubious Royal and political fitties.

https://www.omanobserver.om/article/22390/World/thailands-ousted-royal-consort-had-swift-rise-and-fall

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

It must have come from Charles Himself. The Queen (the old one) expressed her wish that Camilla be known as Queen Consort but there’s now a new bloke in charge.

• Like 1

Just now, sadoldgit said:

It is at the gift of the incoming Monarch. I suspect that there is a bit of a snub aimed at the old Queen, as she said Camilla should be 'Consort'. However, the wives of the previous 3 Kings were crowned as Queen, but I suspect that with Prince Philip there would have been an issue with the perception that a 'King' outranks a ' Queen' - Albert was never King alongside Victoria, and Queen Anne's husband remained a Prince in his own right but did not become King alongside her.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Some people have been there since 7.30. Most have been there for at least 3 hours. Have they provided enough toilets as there is going to be one heck of a queue when it is all over?      

They are all issued in advance with incontinence pants, well those that don't wear them as a matter of course.

21 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

It must have come from Charles Himself. The Queen (the old one) expressed her wish that Camilla be known as Queen Consort but there’s now a new bloke in charge.

Does this mean if he dies first then she stays on as queen before it goes to William?

8 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Does this mean if he dies first then she stays on as queen before it goes to William?

No. She is not on the Line of Succession, the same as the Queen Mother when King George 6th died.

22 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Hopefully someone's thought about her title if Chaz goes first.  She can't be called the 'King's mother', maybe the 'King's step mother'?

She’d still be a Queen I suppose. ‘Queen Camilla’ couldn’t possibly cause any confusion, could it?

3 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

She’d still be a Queen I suppose. ‘Queen Camilla’ couldn’t possibly cause any confusion, could it?

Indeed. The QM was only titled as such to avoid confusion between 2 concurrent Queen Elizabeths.

• Like 1

On 04/05/2023 at 18:05, badgerx16 said:

Isn't the Archbishop of Canterbury going to announce that Charles has been chosen by God ?

There are plenty of examples through British history where the hereditary link jumps the rails: William 3rd succeeding James 2nd, George 1st following Queen Anne despite being somewhere around #57 in the line of succession, even Victoria following William 4th.

Not to mention who could muster the biggest army, here William 1, Richard III, Henry VII spring to mind, and many others benefited by this method…..

Must admit to being a bit conflicted on the Coronation.
Some of it looked similar to a Disney cartoon and I was given an admonishment from the wife for not watching the church service.
However I found myself wiping away a tear watching the return to the Palace with the colour, the marching and the music which, by any measure, showed how good us Brits are for this type of historical display.

2 hours ago, spyinthesky said:

Must admit to being a bit conflicted on the Coronation.
Some of it looked similar to a Disney cartoon and I was given an admonishment from the wife for not watching the church service.
However I found myself wiping away a tear watching the return to the Palace with the colour, the marching and the music which, by any measure, showed how good us Brits are for this type of historical display.

We might be rubbish at most thing but still lead the world when it comes to this pageantry malarkey.  The only thing that spoiled the day was that old women following the King around all day and even managed to blag a crown of her own.

The 3 cheers from the servicemen was very moving. I could imagine Batman standing to attention and pledging his allegiance to the King whilst wearing his one medal, the Distinguish Frying Cross (awarded for cooking fry ups for the men using very hot fat).

🥓🍳🎖️

Edited by sadoldgit
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

We might be rubbish at most thing but still lead the world when it comes to this pageantry malarkey.  The only thing that spoiled the day was that old women following the King around all day and even managed to blag a crown of her own.

The 3 cheers from the servicemen was very moving. I could imagine Batman standing to attention and pledging his allegiance to the King whilst wearing his one medal, the Distinguish Frying Cross (awarded for cooking fry ups for the men using very hot fat).

🥓🍳🎖️

Although I am not in the forces, I would have enormous respect for people who are, no matter what they do when serving.

Have you served in the Army or anything?

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

🥓🍳🎖️

Has Camilla hurt you? You seem to think have a problem with her and clear to all she makes Charlie happy

2 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Although I am not in the forces, I would have enormous respect for people who are, no matter what they do when serving.

Have you served in the Army or anything?

Soggy had an illustrious career as admin assistant in the CJS and the Guardian, remember?

3 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Well done Soggy. I make that a full house on yet another thread.

Yeah well done Soggy, he’s there laughing at us all smugly satisfied with another masterclass in wind up merchanting as he presses all of our buttons and we don’t even know it

7 hours ago, whelk said:

Has Camilla hurt you? You seem to think have a problem with her and clear to all she makes Charlie happy

Not me personally but there is no way she would have been accepted as Queen 20 years ago so why is it ok now? She had been making Charles very happy for years, even when he was married to someone else.

1 minute ago, sadoldgit said:

Not me personally but there is no way she would have been accepted as Queen 20 years ago so why is it ok now? She had been making Charles very happy for years, even when he was married to someone else.

True story - Princess Anne was knobbing Mr Parker-Bowles before he married Camilla.

Just finished watching the concert from Windsor.
Thought it was very well done.
Very much a soul boy me but thought Take That brought the evening to a very rousing finish.
The Military Band and the backing singers were top rate too.
Tip to the Royal Family, you have got to lose the wooden attempts at dancing but fair play for giving it a go.

12 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Because 20 years have elapsed?