Russell Martin

LegalEagle

3 minutes ago, James said:

Who else should be blamed? Whether or not we have as good a side as Leicester is a debate but we shouldn’t be shipping 5 in a game against a promotion rival. Hasn’t learned how to tighten us up all season and wasn’t capable of it with Swansea or MK Dons. Surely it’s obvious this is a system failing rather than personnel.

These players have been conceding goals for years as well mate. THB aside and even he wasn't picked up by Burnley after they went up. There's serious issues with Martin's teams conceding goals (I was on this bus at the start of the season too btw), but he's not solely to blame and the positives of his appointment outweigh the negatives for me. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Fabrice29 said:

These players have been conceding goals for years as well mate. THB aside and even he wasn't picked up by Burnley after they went up. There's serious issues with Martin's teams conceding goals (I was on this bus at the start of the season too btw), but he's not solely to blame and the positives of his appointment outweigh the negatives for me. 

What are the positives of his appointment? He has failed on his targets to date, which was to win the league. Second target auto promotion. Failed both.

Third target playoffs, likely to fail that too. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

It'd be madness to sack him now but he seriously needs to make something out of the playoffs. 

No he's got to go 

• Like 8

For years? Half of the back four was signed over the summer…

Martin teams concede a shed load of goals, that’s the common denominator, and there is not a shred of evidence it’s going to change.

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, James said:

Who else should be blamed? Whether or not we have as good a side as Leicester is a debate but we shouldn’t be shipping 5 in a game against a promotion rival. Hasn’t learned how to tighten us up all season and wasn’t capable of it with Swansea or MK Dons. Surely it’s obvious this is a system failing rather than personnel.

How many goals conceded this season now? Must be 60 or getting on for it. I know we’ve had a Tyro League goalie for much of the season who Rasmus wasted £14m on, but if Maresca, McKenna, Farke, Corberan, or Wagner have the quality at this level of Bednarek, KWP, THB in a back 4, they ain’t conceding 60 odd goals. 

Thanks S-Clarke - 66 conceded so far. That’s disgusting. What happened to basic organisation?

Edited by Gloucester Saint
  • Like 4

Just now, Gloucester Saint said:

How many goals conceded this season now? Must be 60 or getting on for it. I know we’ve had a Tyro League goalie for much of the season who Rasmus wasted £14m on, but if Maresca, McKenna, Farke, Corberan, or Wagner have the quality at this level of Bednarek, KWP, THB in a back 4, they ain’t conceding 60 odd goals. 

66. You have to go down to the relegation battle to find teams who have conceded more.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

What are the positives of his appointment? He has failed on his targets to date, which was to win the league. Second target auto promotion. Failed both.

If he can’t take this squad up, we’ve got absolutely no chance next year. 

• Like 8

Just now, JRM said:

No he's got to go 

It would be suicidal to change now but if we don’t make the playoff final at a minimum he should go. I have no desire to see how shit we are at defending next year with lower quality players. 

• Like 2

Done with him.

What has he REALLY delivered this season? Yes, a long unbeaten run, against some very poor sides, when we've got one of the best squads in the division. But out-coached by any other decent manager.

Flat-track bully. Nothing else.

If we don't go up: get rid. If we do: get rid.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

I tried pointing out during Jones time here the players were responsible and maybe a bunch of players who consistently concede goals and lose games of football, whatever the manager or style, might be a bigger issue than the manager. I've been banging that drum for quite a while now. I don't think it's possible to be related to all of them. This one has got us winning on a regular basis though and is still well within a chance of fulfilling the brief at the start of the season.

It’s not fucking edgy to support this absolute loser we have as manager. Cunt should be sacked tonight, and should have gone in September. 

Edited by LGTL
  • Like 4

Just now, S-Clarke said:

Squad harmony and style of play are miles better than last season. Those were two massive negatives for us last year. Promotion was number 1 aim, not winning the league and like I've said the levels of the Leicester squad and I'd argue Leeds shows winning the league was always going to be unrealistic if they sorted themselves out. We'll have 3 games at the end of the season to reach the target. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Squad harmony and style of play are miles better than last season. Those were two massive negatives for us last year. Promotion was number 1 aim, not winning the league and like I've said the levels of the Leicester squad and I'd argue Leeds shows winning the league was always going to be unrealistic if they sorted themselves out. We'll have 3 games at the end of the season to reach the target. 

The style of play has bored the shit out of me If I'm honest, I've never felt as underwhelmed from a season as I have of this one. It shouldn't have been like this. We should have been better.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, LGTL said:

It’s not fucking edgy to support this absolute loser we have a manager. Cunt should be sacked tonight, and should have gone in September. 

It's not being edgy, it's being rationale. If you want to wet your pants over this season and this bloke then that's up to you, but I don't.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, JRM said:

No he's got to go 

Don't be daft, it's an absurd idea. We've every chance of winning the playoffs if we can get back to something resembling our best, if we sack the manager now we completely torpedo that.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

The style of play has bored the shit out of me If I'm honest, I've never felt as underwhelmed from a season as I have of this one. It shouldn't have been like this. We should have been better.

You won't see us score the amount of goals we have this season for quite a while I imagine so if you're bored shitless of this then dare I suggest you don't watch anymore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Fabrice29 said:

You won't see us score the amount of goals we have this season for quite a while I imagine so if you're bored shitless of this then dare I suggest you don't watch anymore.

You won’t see us let in this mangy goals in this league for quite a while either

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The worst thing about him, it seemed he had learned.

That unbeaten run came after he adjust his principles slightly. We looked more adaptable, even slightly pragmatic and canny. 

Once the run came to an end, it is almost as though Martin saw that as a chance to double down on his original mantra, start putting players out of position and ignore the compromises to his philosophy that made it f**king work!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

Scored goals against the shite teams, when it comes to playing anyone half decent we turn into bloody Rotherham United.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

You won’t see us let in this mangy goals in this league for quite a while either

He will - next season.  

But he’ll clap Russ and fully believe in the process again no doubt. It’s so naive, bless him. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

You're on your own here I think.

I'd trade the amount of goals we've scored to have conceded less. To let in over 60 goals and be a promotion candidate does not compute, it's not compatible.

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Colinjb said:

That unbeaten run came after he adjust his principles slightly. We looked more adaptable, even slightly pragmatic and canny. 

Once the run came to an end, it is almost as though Martin saw that as a chance to double down on his original mantra, start putting players out of position and ignore the compromises to his philosophy that made it f**king work!

This is the oddest thing for me. He threw away all that had been done to make us harder to beat.

• Like 1

Martin has done the bare minimum everywhere he’s been and has continued to fail upwards. If that doesn’t say how rotten modern, hipster, football is, I don’t know what does. 

Disgustingly average manager.  

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

How dare you suggest what I should or shouldn’t do. 

I pay my money the same as anybody else and I’m entitled to ask for better football. Not Swiss cheese defending.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Colinjb said:

I think there is an element of that, but also....look at the teams we faced. We got into a run of momentum by playing Blackburn, Swansea, Wednesday etc at their worst.

As soon as we started facing the better sides again it all went to shit - Hull, Ipswich, Leicester etc. Flat-track bullies is seemingly what we are.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Colinjb said:

He panicked after a couple of bad results and it’s been a clusterfuck ever since. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Dman said:

Martin has done the bare minimum everywhere he’s been and has continued to fail upwards. If that doesn’t say how rotten modern, hipster, football is, I don’t know what does. 

Disgustingly average manager.  

Exactly, he’s a fucking blagger. I’m sure we’ve all met them in our working life, but I don’t want one managing the club I support. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

There are no positives. He has failed abjectly in achieving his primary objective of automatic promotion and indications are he will fail to get promoted through the playoffs. His philosophy has crashed and burned and he appears a broken man.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I'd trade the amount of goals we've scored to have conceded less. To let in over 60 goals and be a promotion candidate does not compute, it's not compatible.

Are you talking about being bored or being a good team because they're different things. I don't see how anyone can call this season boring, we must have set a record for games with five-plus goals.

• Confused 4

He seems to think it was 2 aggressive teams until it became 2-0. 

He’s going to show them videos of the “brilliant “ build up we had for 60 mins…fuck me, that won’t take long. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Good. This thread is full of people needing nappies. 

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

There is very few of our squad that gets into the Leicester team, it's on show tonight, it was on show last season too. Could quite easily argue Leeds squad too.

🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

Pains me to say it but I think we might as well pull the plug now and give someone else a crack at the playoffs ..

Since the unbeaten run ended we are just looking soft and predictable . I wouldn’t even give us a 10-1 shot at getting through the play offs .. we struggle to be convincing against even weak opposition .. I don’t see any way russ can grind us through the tough matches of the playoffs . 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

That interview has worried the fuck out of me. That's a manager who is not seeing the same game as the fans and when that happens...there is only one result.

He literally called the defending pathetic which is pretty much what everyone else thinks, no? He's also called out doing nothing with the ball. If you're worried about that then please don't read back your own comments on here.