The Championship Thread - 2023/24

CSA96

2 hours ago, SotonianWill said:

they could loan themselves gabbiadini, gaston ramirez and yoshida at no extra price now

Nor does Yosh, he left last year - he’s in Germany. And Gabbi is crocked. 

Still got the best kit in the league though. 

• Like 1

On 31/05/2023 at 04:26, Dman said:

Brilliant - There is a whole EFL player (ifollow i think its called) which streams every single game from your club throughout the football league. 

is that available to supporters in the Unites States?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SaintTex said:

I'm not sure on the mechanics of how it works, but I would assume so. Its basically a subscription package through the EFL (maybe clubs in the EFL), which shows every league game.

What that means is that it is easy to find 'alternative' streams, if you don't want to pay...

Seemed to take a long time from November to the inevitable confirmation in May. 

Looking good for an old northern saint, with the possibility of 10 away games. On the map all club down to and including Stoke. New away grounds for me will only be Rotherham, Preston & Hull. 

Looking forward to the fixture list and the new season already. 

On 02/06/2023 at 00:46, SaintTex said:

My understanding is that not every team gives the option to sign up to watch every game.

If Saints do go for it then I think they don't show the games when they are on ESPN+. You'll still need that as well.

We'll have to see what happens...

On 31/05/2023 at 10:26, Dman said:

Brilliant - There is a whole EFL player (ifollow i think its called) which streams every single game from your club throughout the football league. 

Weird that they allow this but the 3pm blackout is still a thing.

Not all games were available last season in the Championship

The following matches are excluded from streaming:

• 3pm games on Saturday
  • Any game selected by Sky Sports (excluding the eight midweek games that will be co-broadcast on Sky Sports and on Club streaming)
  • All Carabao Cup matches
  • Play-Off matches
  • FA Cup matches (rights are held by The FA)

EFL Official Website - iFollow & Streaming

• Like 2

Leicester's released and retained list is out: https://www.lcfc.com/news/3529945

Youri Tielemans, Çağlar Söyüncü, Daniel Amartey, Nampalys Mendy, Ryan Bertrand, Ayoze Pérez and Tetê will all bring their spells at King Power Stadium to an end.

The Club remains in discussions with captain Jonny Evans with regard to his future beyond the expiration of his current deal this month, while an option has been exercised to extend the contract of midfielder Hamza Choudhury to June 2024.

12 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Bertrand is out of contract anyway.

They all are, that’s the point of the article.

- Leicester City confirms the departure of seven senior professionals upon the expiration of their contracts in June

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CSA96 said:
Leicester's released and retained list is out: https://www.lcfc.com/news/3529945

Youri Tielemans, Çağlar Söyüncü, Daniel Amartey, Nampalys Mendy, Ryan Bertrand, Ayoze Pérez and Tetê will all bring their spells at King Power Stadium to an end.

The Club remains in discussions with captain Jonny Evans with regard to his future beyond the expiration of his current deal this month, while an option has been exercised to extend the contract of midfielder Hamza Choudhury to June 2024.

We should be all over that.

20 minutes ago, Turkish said:

We should be all over that.

With Tielemans feeding killer passes into that nipper from Wrexham to bang them in, we'd be nailed on Champions.

But unfortunately our club leadership DO NOT HAVE THE VISION to make this a reality.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

🤣 no chance! He’ll be staying in the PL, plenty of interest in him. This article thinks Villa are favourites for him.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/youri-tielemans-tipped-join-aston-8495534

Fuck off mate. Tielmans in midfield, Hazard out wide, Mullin up front. We will walk this league.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

With Tielemans feeding killer passes into that nipper from Wrexham to bang them in, we'd be nailed on Champions.

But unfortunately our club leadership DO NOT HAVE THE VISION to make this a reality.

The ambition left with Cortese. He'd make it happen.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

He’d be immobile next to Lavia anyway

• Haha 1

On 03/06/2023 at 17:57, goneawol said:

Not all games were available last season in the Championship

The following matches are excluded from streaming:

• 3pm games on Saturday
  • Any game selected by Sky Sports (excluding the eight midweek games that will be co-broadcast on Sky Sports and on Club streaming)
  • All Carabao Cup matches
  • Play-Off matches
  • FA Cup matches (rights are held by The FA)

EFL Official Website - iFollow & Streamingt are scree

If you live overseas you get the 3 pm games. I had a look at the Shef Utd site and it was £40 A MONTH, and even then you don't get the matches that are screened where you a living.  It was £10 a month just for commentary.  Not like the old days when I could listen for free on the club website.  

4 hours ago, The Kraken said:

They all are, that’s the point of the article.

- Leicester City confirms the departure of seven senior professionals upon the expiration of their contracts in June

Indeed so. The post I referenced merely said released and retained.

Never been to Blackburn, Coventry, Huddersfield, Plymouth, Preston, Rotherham, Sunderland or Swansea so will try to get some of them done. 

A mate who’s an Ipswich fan reckons they’ll do alright, they got a lot of points in L1 last season and we remember what it’s like to have that momentum. Think it’ll be hard for us to get back into a winning habit. 

On 01/06/2023 at 23:41, SW11_Saint said:

Sunderland fans appear to have more faith in our chances next season than most of us do! 
https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/championship-next-season.1608495/page-2

That's nice of them. 

It's far too early to tell though, I think it will be a very close division with a few points separating top and midtable. 

Some clubs will use the loan market well but often those deals are completed late in the window, just hope we can get a settled side with the new manager but it's bound to take time especially with players leaving. 

• Like 1

I think one things for sure, signing a manager (well.. sort of.. we’ve managed to make a mess of that even if I agree with the sentiment) early was good work from us, but realistically I hope we are putting the groundwork in early whilst Leicester and Leeds are in relative disarray

Leicester need a manager and need to understand their outgoings before they can consider strengthening for a promotion push (although they’ll remain a strong outfit imo)

Leeds need to ratify the takeover, find a manager AND a DoF (probably) again before figuring out how they’ll strengthen, they worry me the most as I anticipate a decent spend from them this year

Solskjaer and Smith would be disasters in that they wouldn't get Leicester near the top, so hopefully one of those two. Maresca's an unknown quantity and while I wouldn't want Parker here, he has got two promotions to his name.

Not an exciting list of names, though.

Edited by HarvSFC