Worst Southampton chants of the recent Premier League era?

Paul Chuckle

Since going up to the Premier League our chants seem to be getting worse every season, but which has been the worst? 

"He's our Cedric" 

"Kelvin Kelvin Kelvin Kelvin Davis....Steven Steven Steven...."

"Ohhh Piere Hoijberg the one and only from Munich... And now he Farking hates Pompey"

"Do do do do Graziano"

"Do do do do Sadio Mane" 

" Do do do do Adam Armstrong"

"He's our Kenyan the Mighty Kenyan the Victor Wanyama"

"Angus Gunn" to the baby shark theme with hand movements

"Pompey get battered 4-0 at home repeat x 100 every game

Any others I've forgotten, or are there any worse ones than this? Seems a very very long time ago when we had the Rickie Lambert song.

Edited by Paul Chuckle

• Paul Chuckle changed the title to Worst Southampton chants of the recent Premier League era?
25 minutes ago, Paul Chuckle said:

Since going up to the Premier League our chants seem to be getting worse every season, but which has been the worst? 

"He's our Cedric" 

"Ohhh Piere Hoijberg the one and only from Munich... And now he Farking hates Pompey"

"Do do do do Graziano"

"Do do do do Sadio Mane" 

Any others I've forgotten, or are there any worse ones than this? Seems a very very long time ago when we had the Rickie Lambert song.

Bet you’re fun at parties. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

27 minutes ago, Paul Chuckle said:

"He's our Cedric" 

"Do do do do Graziano"

"Do do do do Sadio Mane" 

"Kelvin Kelvin Kelvin Kelvin Davis....Steven Steven Steven...." Truly horrendous

"Ohhh Piere Hoijberg the one and only from Munich... And now he Farking hates Pompey" no one ever said why his days were numbered if he stayed in Germany

"He's our Kenyan the Mighty Kenyan the Victor Wanyama" a song about a black player to the tune of a song about the jungle, no racism here oh no

"Angus Gunn" to the baby shark theme with hand movements  - cringeworthy 

honourable mention to Hat Kunt signing "Dont sell Van Dijk, Virgil Van Dijk, i just dont thin you understand, that if you sell Van Dijk, Virgil Van Dijk you're gonna have a riot on your hands -- think he'll find he went on strike and we sold him before the next transfer window even opened.

• Haha 1

Wen you see the groups trying to start these chants on trains with their cider lollies at the ready .. and in stadiums looking smashed to pieces after half of one of those cider lollies..

you fully understand why we are where we are! Fanbase is truly truly embarrassing! .. wen you start off a song you need a bit of base in your voice and go all in and execute it ..this generation of fan have no fog horn voices who you can here starting off a chant 20 rows back and everyone else are atune to the chant and belt it out at high decibels. 

There’s no one marshalling the chants like we had at the dell… don’t think even moving the away fans would make any difference..  it’s generational.. not just at saints but we must be top of the league for shite atmosphere and singing !

The championship should clear out the daytrippers but we’re still stuck with the cider lolly brigade.. singing shit songs about pompey …🥱

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Maybe we should provide the lyrics to new chants in the programme like Spurs used to, or even better flash them up on the screens during the game so people can sing along.

Of all the songs listed the Cedric one was the best because it was original, although did lose marks for the cringeworthy last line.

We desperately need some new songs but that's been a problem for years. We've had good players in that time who had been with the club a long time but never got a song yet Livramento had 3 after being here 5 minutes which is very strange.

“We’ve got Selles”

”F*ck ‘em up, get into them” is cringeworthy

”Charlie Austin’s red and white” not a bad chant but could never understand the fans singing it as he lumbered about like a container ship. 

• Haha 3

The chants that really gets my goat are when we sing "your support is fucking shit". There's a great example of us singing it at Goodison when they had a corner from which they (of course) scored. Embarrassing, I was almost glad they scored tbh.

• Haha 1

Singing, "Jason Puncheon sh*ts on your wife," to Kevin Philips was a bit of a weird one, although that was back in the Championship. Having said that, nothing we sing at a football match will be as embarrassing as the fans who smash up town centres, start fights with other fans or chase their own players down the street.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Crab Lungs said:

It was funny when Reading printed song sheets for fans. We haven’t reached that level of mugginess  yet tho

Didn’t some fans do it for the Lambert chant just after he joined? 

Weve scored a goal how sh*te must you be - this has become the most cringe worthy song in recent time.

I use to be in the Archers road and sang my heart out to some great songs but am too old these days other than the odd OWTS but I do despair at some of the stuff sung these days 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I miss ‘Who’s ya father referee’

and ‘you’re going home in a Hampshire ambulance’ and the oh so basic ‘you’re going to get your fucking head kicked in’. We need the undercurrent of violence a St Mary’s 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, The Kraken said:

“You’re just a small town in Villa” to the Birmingham fans. I guess Aston doesn’t exist. Only eclipsed by “you’re just a small town in City” to Man United fans. Fucking fuck me.

Small town songs are the worst. Sung by cunts that like Mrs Browns Boys

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Raging Bull said:

Steeeeeeeeeeeeeve

I’d completely forgotten about this!

Also had the unfortunate side effect of sounding like we were booing/jeering the poor guy when he got the ball 😂

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Turkish said:

honourable mention to Hat Kunt signing "Dont sell Van Dijk, Virgil Van Dijk, i just dont thin you understand, that if you sell Van Dijk, Virgil Van Dijk you're gonna have a riot on your hands -- think he'll find he went on strike and we sold him before the next transfer window even opened.

What has become of Hat Kunt ? 

Haven’t seen him whilst ‘minor celebrity’ spotting before games over the last season or so. 

We used to have some great chants in the 90s at The Dell / early 2000s at St Marys

"Score a goal Neil Shipperley"

"Born is the King Eyal" (or something like that) 

"Marian Pahars, Marian woooah Marian" 

"Le Tiss LeTiss"

"Beatts Beatts Beatts" 

"Super Kenny Monkou" 

"Chrissy Marsden Football Genius" 

"Our Claus in the middle of Defence" 

"Anders Svennson knocked out the Argies"

From these in recent years we've started singing songs about players shitting on a former right back, a song that rhymes with a toddlers party song or if that doesn't work just "do do do do insert players name" and repeat or "They Farking hate Pompey insert players name"

13 hours ago, whelk said:

I miss ‘Who’s ya father referee’

and ‘you’re going home in a Hampshire ambulance’ and the oh so basic ‘you’re going to get your fucking head kicked in’. We need the undercurrent of violence a St Mary’s 

Remember the ‘we are evil …. ‘ chant.

The one that really irritates me is "We're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen". 

I mean, obviously we're not and neither is any other team bar the actual greatest team and who are they - Brazil 70? Every club seems to sing it as well. No one bar arguably Oil City should be singing this and even then they should add "arguably/perhaps" 😂

1 hour ago, jasonbenali said:

The one that really irritates me is "We're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen". 

I mean, obviously we're not and neither is any other team bar the actual greatest team and who are they - Brazil 70? Every club seems to sing it as well. No one bar arguably Oil City should be singing this and even then they should add "arguably/perhaps" 😂

I am not sure Steve Moran was ‘sure to score’ every time either

2 hours ago, whelk said:

I am not sure Steve Moran was ‘sure to score’ every time either

I don’t think Rickie Lambert ever wore the shirt of Matt Le Tiss, either. My theory is that they were two different shirts, which happened to have the same number on the back.